Hasbro new line - Vehicles

the_three_bears

It is stated on Indianajones.com that as well as figures Hasbro are going to make vehicles for the range.
Anyone like to guess what these may be?
Two things spring to mind.

Desert Convoy Truck (Raiders) and Motorcyle with side car (LC).

San Holo

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that, at least 1 of the said vehicles will include 4 hoofs and a tail.

HovitosKing

I want an entire ToD minecar chase playset (a la Raiders' Map Room, Well of Souls, and Streets of Cairo playsets). If they can't swing that, I'd at least like to see a mine car from ToD.

HovitosKing

Personally, I'd be shocked if they just went and re-released all the previous vehicles...surely there's going to be more creativity in it than that?

mfisher

no doubt the desert truck and motorcycle will come out... I SERIOUSLY doubt we'd see a scaled Ford Trimotor plane though.. ( although it would be a cool toy... just HUGE !) I would like to see the staff car from the desert chase too though.... and I imagine that the arabian horse is a gimme also... a mine car set would be fun.. especially if they could do a slot car style version....great stuff and I cant wait !

ChromiumBlue37

Great topic!

It is well-know that Hasbro has recycled existing molds from from Kenner's original Star Wars line. The molds still exist and were purchased by Hasbro.

The desert convoy truck is a no-brainer and will fit into this method quite well. As far as new ideas for vehicles, it should be quite an easy task as Hasbro's GI Joe line has a great deal of opportunites. Called "kit bashes" Hasbro should be able to to customize a nice sized selection of vehicles and even beasts. Surely Hasbro has a elephant mold somewhere.

Presumably, I can see the Jock's plane, Convoy Truck, horses, Lao Cha's plane, elephants, mine cars, speedboats and the infamous desert tank all easy to produce for the Indy line of toys. Personally, I'd love to see the vintage cars, (Short Round's and Donovan's particulary).

No Ticket

Mine Car Set would be cool... Lao Che plane would be awesome and the Desert Tank from Last Crusade would be reaaaaaallly cool.

tnswman

Sorry guys...But hasbro makes it clear time and time again in their regular Q / A Star Wars sessions that they are not interested in making playsets. I do hope that the novelty of Indiana Jones Never having a All in one action figure line will at least bring us one big playset. However, I would put my money on most of the playsets and Vehicles being from the new movie..that way they can capitalize on the Buzz and excitement driven impulse buying.

I'm sure we will see a few vehicles from the classic Trilogy off the bat... The others will be determined based on sales. Let's face it, Indy has NEVER been a big sale toy wise. Of course, all the previous problems were based on poor distribution.

I think the days of short packing Indiana are over.. Every Kid and collector will have several versions of Indy to buy now.