Hasbro release dates?

tnswman

Did anyone see any official release dates fo rthe Indy figures shown at SDCC? I saw it mentioned a couple of times that they are awinter 2007-spring 2008 release which generally means the figures will start appearing in DEC and JAN.

did anyone else see that or any other dates?

Shortie

December! Usually Hasbro figures (Unless they have a release date which the Indy IV figures will probably have) leak out early, so in late November! Christmas will come early!

tnswman

Niteshade007 said:
Really? That soon? I thought they would come out closer to the film.

No, that's what usually happens.. If it is not then, It will be March. It all is in the hands of the shipping agencies in the orient.

Vlad Dracula

It's fairly common practice now to start shipping movie toys way ahead of time to help build hype. A couple of waves of figures from the first three movies starting around Christmas to build hype and introduce kids and new collectors to the property followed by Indy 4 figures around the release date actually makes a lot of sense.

IndySeven

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the figures will come out pretty early. If they come out at Christmas, it'll be awesome!(y)

IndySeven said:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the figures will come out pretty early. If they come out at Christmas, it'll be awesome!(y)

It will be nice if they come out in time for Christmas, then my wife will have something to give me. Then again I'll have to see them on the store shelves and not be able to buy them.

JohnCandyFan

The Rocky trilogy figures began hitting stores in August-September. Although not Hasbro, figures were realeased to build up the hype for Rocky Balboa, which didn't hit theaters till December.

tnswman

I'm also thinking a lot of this line's release schedule depends on how vast the character selection is.

I mean, how many characters is Hasbro willing to give us?

it would make sense to do the Raiders line around Dec. then a mixed movie line in Feb-April and the Indy 4 line in April-Aug then go back into the Mixed line around Sept. for a BIG 08 christmas build.

after that, you really have to wonder what kind of legs hasbro is expecting. I hate to say it but there are not a lot of versions of Indy that hasbro can give us and there needs to be at least one Indy in each wave. I expect there to be a standard Indy figure that will probably be in every wave of figures made. I do not see Hasbro making the same mistake that Kenner did which killed the line.