new Indy Answer from Hasbro

Nurhachi1991

HovitosKing said:
I haven't seen KOTCS Indy and Mutt flying off the shelves lately...maybe Hasbro should think about that for a minute. The kiddie frenzy is over. Now you have to keep the collectors happy. Idiots.

Yeah all I see on the shelves are Mutt and KOTCS Indy................ I mean screw the kids they don't even know who these characters are Hasbro should appeal to the fans on this one and no Marcus? WTF????????

tnswman

Agent Spalko said:
Hasbro's rationale that kids only love and want Indiana Jones and Mutt is the same mistake Mattel made on their Masters of the Universe case assortments that saw a glut of He-Mans and Skeletors warming the pegs while secondary characters were never to be found and effectively killed that line within 2 years.

As for retiring the Titanium line it is premature and unfinished without any TOD vehicles and another slap in the face of the fans and collectors. Another example of Hasbro wasting the license.

Hasbro will be surprised when it gets into the single cases of TOD figures with a few Basic Indy and Mutt figures mixed in.

Let's face it, Mutt sells. The Jacket wearing Mutt sells as well as Indy in a lot of areas. There is NOTHING bad about that since Mutt fans will be the Anchor for the Indy line to come.

uhhhh, so far in my area of the country, All that sells after the Collectors get their figures are Indy, Mutt, and the troops. There are NO Basic Indy or Mutt figures to be found in the 2 closest towns. The TOD line will be HUGE as it actually gets into some bad BAD guys for Indy to fight and when you are a kid, that's what you want.

Last edited:
That's because in Tennessee they've all been hoarded up by you know who. In my part of the country Mutt and Indy are overflowing on the pegs at every Walmart, Target and Toys Aren't Us. The TOD and Crusade assortment breakdowns should be 2 of each character and NO KOTCS repacks. Hasbro is clueless when it comes to distribution. That's why I buy cases online and return the repacks to Walmart and trade them for some army builders.

nevsky41

Agent Spalko wrote:
That's why I buy cases online and return the repacks to Walmart and trade them for some army builders

Then you're contributing to the problem. If everyone did what you say you're doing, then no wonder we've got repacks clogging the shelves. My area has shown NO sign whatsoever of the LC wave, and I can only hope the TOD wave won't be delayed.

It's not my fault they aren't selling. You gotta be smarter than the system, pal.

And if everyone did what I did, they'd all have their Crusade figures like I do. :p

Wugmanmax

I guess my kids are weird because they want all the secondary characters. Especially the badguys, but they really want Henry Jones Sr. as well.

Well I went to Walmart today and they had Crusade figs! I picked up another Henry Jones for my custom sidecar. I also scored a Movie Masters Joker! (y)

Nurhachi1991

Agent Spalko said:
Well I went to Walmart today and they had Crusade figs! I picked up another Henry Jones for my custom sidecar. I also scored a Movie Masters Joker! (y)

Yeah well............... well............ I hate you lol

Lucky find (y)

Vance

Wugmanmax said:
I guess my kids are weird because they want all the secondary characters. Especially the badguys, but they really want Henry Jones Sr. as well.

It's a common mistake that toy companies make when dealing with franchised characters. "They only care about BATMAN!" Well, thing is, they may take multiple Batmans for different purposes of play.. but they'll still WANT the 'generic cop', 'Commisioner Gordon', 'Montoya', etc.. to have those Batmans to play with. But only one of each...

WillKill4Food

Yeah, I know! Why don't they make Cop, Bruce Wayne, Alfred, Rachel, or Harvey Dent figures?!

(Yeah, I know they made a Harvey Dent figure, but it was in a playset and not in scale with most other figures.)

WillKill4Food

Agent Spalko said:
Why no Two-Face? He's only the the second most important character in the movie.
You mean they haven't made a Two-Face figure yet?!
I'm not obsessed with Batman figures, so I haven't been checking them lately. I know they made a Joker and Scarecrow, so I just assumed that they made a Two-Face. But, if they didn't, wow. Just...wow. That's beyond excuse.

EDIT: Don't fret, I think they have made a Two-Face figure, apparently it just hasn't been released yet: http://www.movieweb.com/news/24/26724.php

Wugmanmax

Vance said:
It's a common mistake that toy companies make when dealing with franchised characters. "They only care about BATMAN!" Well, thing is, they may take multiple Batmans for different purposes of play.. but they'll still WANT the 'generic cop', 'Commisioner Gordon', 'Montoya', etc.. to have those Batmans to play with. But only one of each...

I forgot to qualify that they have already picked up a bunch of the secondary characters available. :hat: One day I let my son buy two figures and he picked... *drumroll please*

...Sallah and the Cairo Swordsman!

Yes that is right Hasbro marketing team, a CHILD picked out something other than the main character! Granted, he already had Indy. That was a "first" purchase no doubt about it, but the secondary characters are still important to kids.

The Drifter

Wugmanmax said:
I forgot to qualify that they have already picked up a bunch of the secondary characters available. :hat: One day I let my son buy two figures and he picked... *drumroll please*

...Sallah and the Cairo Swordsman!

Yes that is right Hasbro marketing team, a CHILD picked out something other than the main character! Granted, he already had Indy. That was a "first" purchase no doubt about it, but the secondary characters are still important to kids.

My son plays with the German on the motorcycle more than he does with Indy. lol

HovitosKing

Lonsome_Drifter said:
My son plays with the German on the motorcycle more than he does with Indy. lol

Just goes to show how out of touch Assbro really is. Their business model really is a prime example of idiotic pandering to the suits upstairs. "Play it safe" mentality based on consumer data which is pushing 30 years old. Kids only play with the lead character's action figure, and collectors don't represent a substantial amount of the consumer base.