new Indy Answer from Hasbro

Nurhachi1991

Agent Spalko said:
Looks good but I hope it's a 6" Movie Masters and not the regular figure.

Well Spalko look at the figure it will most likely be to scary for kids so it is not from the 5 inch line. Also he is very detailed and looks in no way like a cartoon like the joker or scarecrow from the kids line

I bet he will come with his two face coin in the evidence bag!!

Attila the Professor

Staff member
tnswman said:
Hasbro will be surprised when it gets into the single cases of TOD figures with a few Basic Indy and Mutt figures mixed in.

Let's face it, Mutt sells. The Jacket wearing Mutt sells as well as Indy in a lot of areas. There is NOTHING bad about that since Mutt fans will be the Anchor for the Indy line to come.

uhhhh, so far in my area of the country, All that sells after the Collectors get their figures are Indy, Mutt, and the troops. There are NO Basic Indy or Mutt figures to be found in the 2 closest towns. The TOD line will be HUGE as it actually gets into some bad BAD guys for Indy to fight and when you are a kid, that's what you want.

That may be the case where you are, but I confess that I see the two Mutts more than anything else. Some bazooka Indys, some cemetery warriors, some Sallahs and Monkey Men, but mostly Mutts. Still haven't seen any Last Crusade in northeast Ohio, and I've been checking Wal-Mart, Target, and Toys 'r' Us regularly.

Nurhachi1991

Here are the figures I see the most of.

Spalko

Mutt either or

Indy with bazooka

Indy with Idol

Cario Swordsman

German Soldier

Russian Soldier

Dovencheko or however you spell it

Monkey Man

The_Raiders

Nurhachi1991 said:
Here are the figures I see the most of.

Spalko

Mutt either or

Indy with bazooka

Indy with Idol

Cario Swordsman

German Soldier

Russian Soldier

Dovencheko or however you spell it

Monkey Man

Same exact thing here. I always see those and every time I go to the store it doesn't look like theres any mor or less of them it looks exactly the same. I want my damn LC Indy!!!!!! :mad:

Nurhachi1991

The_Raiders said:
Same exact thing here. I always see those and every time I go to the store it doesn't look like theres any mor or less of them it looks exactly the same. I want my damn LC Indy!!!!!! :mad:

I want my Damn Vogel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY DO I WANT A NAZI SO BAD?!?!

HovitosKing

I could tell you not only which figures are at my local Wal-Mart, but I can tell you their exact order from front to back, row by row*. Because they haven't changed in over a month. Not one figure has changed place, except when they fall off the peg and onto the vehicles below because they were packed so tight that the ones on the front of each row were almost completely inverted (who says Wal-Mart jobs are skill-less jobs?).

*Ok, so maybe I couldn't remember the order to that degree of precision, but I can tell by looking that nobody is buying or even looking at them anymore, in at least a month.

Way of the dodo

I talked to a guy at Target today and they had the same few battered Mutts and Cairo Swordsmen they've had for weeks, (the cards are dog-eared at this point) and nothing in the back.

Sorcerer009

A million years ago (the late seventies/early eighties to be exact) I was obsessed with the Kenner line of Star Wars figures...and LOVE LOVE LOVED the fact that there was always a new figure to buy, 80% of them being secondary characters. Droids, Bounty Hunters and various other creatures that were on the screen for less than 30 seconds! I had so much fun creating backstories and adventures JUST for those characters!

My nephew is 7 years old and has seen EVERY Indy film. TOD and Raiders being his favs...he has saved his allowance and purchased EVERY figure that Hasbro has released. He even has asked me to be on the lookout for another Cairo Marion, Sallah and Monkey Man as he has played with them so much, the limbs are too loose.

My point being...Hasbro needs to realize that kids are not stupid. Yes they are going to buy the main characters (Indy, Mutt, etc) initially but they are inevitably going to need ALL OF THE SECONDARY CHARACTERS to go along with them! Do they think that these kids are going to purchase a Crystal Skull Indy so that they can beat up the Idol Indy who has imprisoned the Whip Action Indy for killing the Jacketless Mutt whose snake ate his twin brother (Mutt WITH Jacket)???????

No sir!!! These kids wanna re-enact the movies as well as put their own imaginary spin on things...WITH EVERY CHARACTER!

These suits at Hasbro have forgotten what it's like to be a kid!

phantom train

I also read H.'s response to the question about the figures and why it's so hard to find the LC figures, and have to disagree with them that kids want only Mutt and Indy. Even if that were true, why do they need to ship MORE Mutt's and Indy's? There are already enough clogging the shelf.

In addition, they don't seem to realize that these IJ figures (like the latest 25th anniversary G.I. Joe RAH figures) are a collector-driven line. Collectors want the LC and forthcoming TOD figures, not more Mutt's and Indy's.

I myself have yet to see the LC figures at retail, and am concerned about finding the forthcoming TOD figures as well, considering the poor case ratio. I don't want to have to resort to the secondary market to find these, especially since the problem could be solved by just shipping cases of just LC (and later TOD) figures, and not including any of the ROTLA or KOTC figures.

Last edited:

Lambonius

Amidst all the pessimism about the future of the Hasbro Indy line, I stumbled upon a few rays of hope at the Indiana Jones collectors forum.

Apparently, we all need to be praying for an Indy V to come as soon as possible. :rolleyes:

IndianaJonesCollectors: First a quick follow up to the one of our questions from last session if we can. The question was asked about a Marcus Brody action figure. The response was "It is unlikely we will do a Marcus Brody figure". Did you mean for next year or did you mean ever? And if so, is there a "list" of the characters that won't be made?

Hasbro: We can't really say never, as we hope there will be another Indy film, and if it comes to pass there will almost certainly be a Marcus Brody figure.

IJC: Can we expect a 3.75" Belloq in white suit and Panama hat or a 3.75" Toht and German Mechanic in 2009?

H: We did show images of a couple of these figures at Comic Con, which are planned for early Spring 2009. This is depending on retail support for IJ continuing through Spring 2009, something that we will be evaluating with our retail partners in the coming months.

IJC: Weeks ago you confirmed you confirmed that an Ark Ghost was coming in a deluxe set next year. Last Q&A session you changed your answer to no Ark Ghost was planned. Can you please clarify?

H: We did have plans for an Ark ghost, but now it is no longer in the plans.

IJC: What is the status of the Dietrich figure that was confirmed months ago in a Q&A? He was missing from the new Raiders wave announced at Comic Con.

H: He was planned to be in a later wave in 2009, not in the wave that was shown.

At least now we know that Marcus isn't a "never ever" and that Dietrich is still planned for a late 2009 wave. Here's hoping for a good Christmas push so that we GET some later 2009 waves. :sick:

Arab Swordsman

Lambonius said:
At least now we know that Marcus isn't a "never ever" and that Dietrich is still planned for a late 2009 wave. Here's hoping for a good Christmas push so that we GET some later 2009 waves. :sick:

I think any new figures after the first wave in 2009 are based on holiday sales this year. They have mentioned numerous items that were on the drawing board but are now taking back because if the figures don't sell at Christmas I think this is a dead line.

ChromiumBlue37

New Q & A from -

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Hasbros_INDIANA_JONES_QA_The_Answers_116945.asp

Hasbro's INDIANA JONES Q&A: The Answers!
Posted by Curto on August 15, 2008 at 06:00 PM CST:
As part of Hasbro's bi-weekly Star Wars Q&A session over at Rebelscum, we've been allowed to pass on 3 of your burning Indiana Jones questions! So check out the latest scoop we've got for you this session.

Cool Toy Review: Hasbro, the overabundance of figures on the pegs (especially Mutt Williams, either version,) and your relatively small display of figures at Comic Con, fears have popped up that the line is dying, and dying fast. We know that there is another Club Obi-Wan themed wave coming, could you maybe reveal that wave or at least not an Indy figure from it? Anything you can do to quell fears of premature death for the line.

Hasbro: While the size of the IJ collector base may not be as large as other brands, no doubt IJ fans make up for it in passion, and without that passion we could never have built out the line as broadly as we have. For that we are deeply appreciative.

Continuation of the IJ line into 2009 depends on several factors, including kid interest and support in IJ through the DVD/holiday period and willing support for retailers to extend the line into a second year. One question is how far we can get without entertainment support for a second year. As such, we do not want to show any figures beyond what we have already shown.

Cool Toy Review: If, hypothetically, you were to make the Rocket Sled from KOTCS, what price point would you place it in and what figures or features would it include? I would love to see this "vehicle" in the 20 dollar assortment with some track and maybe some spring loaded ejecting seats!

Hasbro: That would be the logical price point at which to do it. We did look at the vehicle but decided that it was not the most interesting one to pursue, and went with the Jungle Cutter instead, which turned out to be a great choice.

Cool Toy Review: With all the deluxe figure sets we've had for the first two waves (Raiders and Crystal Skull), why are there no deluxe figure assortments to accompany the Last Crusade and Temple of Doom waves? Sure, we have the German motorcycle and rider, which is a STUNNING set at that, but the Indy/Henry Jones Sr. motorcycle and sidecar sets are sorely missing to complete that great action sequence. Also, Indy on the stallion seems like a given since the horse tooling already exists.

For the Temple of Doom wave, fans have been clamoring for the mine cars for years. Not only is the tooling minimal, but it could also be used twice to cover both the hero and villain deluxe figure sets. A Thuggee sacrificial pit cage with Willie Scott also seems like a natural fit for this assortment.

Hasbro: Those are all natural fits for the Deluxe assortment, and were all considered at one point. However, it's unlikely that we'll be getting to these farther-out concepts next year.

ChromiumBlue37

New Q & A from -

http://www.wellofthesouls.com/
Questions for August 15th, 2008

Q: Since the Indiana Jones Temple of Doom wave of figures should be hitting retail around the time that the mail-away offer for the Crystal Skeleton figure expires, will the mail-away offer be extended to allow for the lateness of that wave relative to the offer? Many of us plan to army-build from this wave and would like more crystal skeletons!

A: The mail-in offers (all three of them) have been extended until Dec. 31st so fans should have plenty of time to take advantage using the stickers from the Temple wave. Please pass the word on, as it's likely that the stickers on the figures coming out of Asia will not be updated in time to reflect the extended date.

Q: On July 11, this question was answered at ThePrivateUniverse.com:
Q2. Will you be making an Ark Ghost in the 3.75 inch lineup? The adventure heroes ghost is my personal favorite and I think it would go great with the basic figure lineup as well! You could include a rotating head with the peaceful looking lady on one side and the other have the angry skull face.
A2. Yes, we plan on getting this out Spring of next year in the Deluxe lineup.

Now, last week, this question was answered on IndianaJonesCollectors.com:

IJC: Will we be seeing an ARK Ghost in the 3.75" figure lineup?
H: No plans for an Ark ghost in the lineup. It's a great idea for a future Deluxe-type item, but we have no plans for it right now.

So, which is it? Yes or no?

A: The Ark Ghost will not be making it out in the spring after all.

Q: Do you remain confident about and committed to the long term success of the line? It would be very unfortunate if poor planning helped speed the line to a premature end. The products themselves are consistently terrific and the overwhelming majority of collectors are very happy with the actual figures, just not with availability and distribution. What steps is Hasbro taking to ensure the future viability of the line?

A: The Indiana Jones line is without question considered a success, given that Indiana Jones has never previously been a successfully merchandised toy line. However, for a line to be ongoing, we have to have an audience (both kids and collectors) who are interested in continuing to collect the line. We know that IJ does not have a collector base similar to some of the bigger brands (like Star Wars), which places more of a burden relatively on kids to shoulder the load. So far, kids' interest has been somewhat 1-dimensional, showing an appreciation for relatively few figures (Indy and Mutt primarily). We expect that there will be a huge up swell in kid interest in IJ figures during the TV and holiday times, but exactly how long afterward, and how deeply they support the lines are still to be decided.

ChromiumBlue37

One new IJ Q & A from -

http://www.theprivateuniverse.co.uk/cgi-bin/showarticle.pl?section=news&articleid=3348

Q1. If retail stores down the line decide to discontinue ordering Indiana Jones Figures, what would the chances be of Hasbro continuing to offer new Indiana Jones figures through various On line stores, such as Hasbro Toy Shop, Entertainment Earth, etc? I know that collectors would most
definitely continue to support this line and if you already had new figures sculpted (but not released) it would be such a shame for it to go to waste! We would LOVE for this line to go on as long as possible! Keep up the great work!

A1. Thanks for the good word. The production volumes needed to get a new wave of figures produced is much larger than the online channel can support by itself, this is primarily a collector-targeted channel. The ability to continue to bring IJ figures to market depends on the continual support of the top retailers, along with a strong base of kid support for the IJ fantasy.

Q2. So now we have seen that a Queen Organa figure is being released, along with the previously confirmed Willrow Hood, when will Cliegg Lars, Prequal Owen and Beru finally see the day of light? They had way more screen time then the Queen and Hood and are pretty important characters.

A2. Beru will most likely come within a year. Cliegg is not in the works yet, but stands a pretty good chance of making the lineup before too long.

Q3. With the success of the new Build A Droid parts coming with figures, is it possible that an actual Droid Factory playset, much like the one in the vintage line, could be made giving various parts to make Astromech Droids and other droids. It would be popular with collectors and children as it would allow customising potential and playability.

A3. We agree, and while it's not currently on the drawing boards, it's something we would like to do at some time. We like it less because it's a playset in the traditional sense but more a great way to interact and play with the droid parts kids and collectors have assembled.

Last edited:

ChromiumBlue37

New Q & A from -

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=262&itemid=13354

TNI: Are we going to get a Young Indiana Jones (Sean Patrick Flannery) figure from the TV show? Question by TNI reader Griffin73.

Hasbro: We do not have plans to get to any Young Indiana Jones figures.

TNI: Are the deluxe figures going to continue into 2009? Or will the lack of support from a new movie end this line? Thanks. Question by TNI reader YounglingKiller.

Hasbro: We hope that the Deluxe line, like other segments, continues into 2009. We are still evaluating how far support for the current line extends given that there is not another movie on the horizon.

TNI: We got our first glimpse of the Toht figure and its variant at SDCC. Will it be released in equal numbers as the regular figure, or is this similar to a chase variant where it will be limited to something like one per case? In other words, how hard will this version be to find for collectors?

Hasbro: The intent is to include the second head in the pack rather than do a separate variant.

Luke Skywalker

So, in the end, The Sidecar could possibly not be made ever.

Great, it was basically the thing i wanted most.
They should have made it already for the 3rd wave. Its possible the most memorable action scene from Last Crusade!

Now if I could at least get my hands on the LC figures...

So the Crystal skeleton amil away offer will be extended to 31-12-2008 in all and every country or just the US? The talk about asssian market seems to say every country. So even if the papaer say it expires in october it would be still available?

Way of the dodo

Man I can't believe some of the stuff they're willing to make for Star Wars! and Indy is already in doubt. We live in a world where people would rather have a 3 figure pack of George Lucas' family than Lao Che's family. Ain't right I tells ya!