Sharkey's End

Sharkey

Hey everybody, I've been looking through the threads for a long time. My older brother, (who wishes to remain nameless) got me interested in the board.My only weakness regarding Indy is the Young Indy Chronicles, but thanks to youtube and netflix even this is changing!

Stoo

Hi Sharkey, I happen to know who your brother is but don't worry, the secret is safe with me.;) Re: Young Indy. Good to know your opnion is changing. Despite whether it's unlike the movies or not, it's still a great show on it's own merit.

Welcome to The Raven...where the whip cracking never stops!:whip:

P.S. Have you ever seen the Burt Reynolds movie, "Sharky's Machine"? It came out the same year as "Raiders".

Sharkey

Stoo said:
Hi Sharkey, I happen to know who your brother is but don't worry, the secret is safe with me.;) Re: Young Indy. Good to know your opnion is changing. Despite whether it's unlike the movies or not, it's still a great show on it's own merit.

Welcome to The Raven...where the whip cracking never stops!:whip:

P.S. Have you ever seen the Burt Reynolds movie, "Sharky's Machine"? It came out the same year as "Raiders".

Thanks Stoo...and if you do know "him", then we should stop discussing!

Sharkey's Machine? The one with the albino hit man? I know about it from those stunt specials, but my namesake is a literary reference...

Welcome to the Raven Sharky, here in this Tavern watch your back or els you will be shot in back without a fight and where wolves hunt on anything they can find :gun: :dead: keep your whip and gun in hand so you can fight back my dear friend :whip: :eek: ;)

DocWhiskey

Sharkey said:
Thanks, great name Doc. What's the inspiration?

Thank you.

Well, I'm a comic geek, so "Doc" comes from Doctor Octopus, one of my favorite villains. And the "Whiskey" part I included because I find it hilarious how Indy says that line in the Raven bar fight.

The Drifter

DocWhiskey said:
Thank you.

Well, I'm a comic geek, so "Doc" comes from Doctor Octopus, one of my favorite villains. And the "Whiskey" part I included because I find it hilarious how Indy says that line in the Raven bar fight.

You just ruined it for me!
The image I got from your name was one of those rough doctors out west during the frontier days. With a scalpel in one hand and a fifth in the other.

DocWhiskey

Lonsome_Drifter said:
The image I got from your name was one of those rough doctors out west during the frontier days. With a scalpel in one hand and a fifth in the other.

Man, that sounds cooool.

Oh god. Oh god.

I take it back! I take it back!

Forget what I said!

Sharkey

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Yeah, I was thinking something like that but more like a snake oil salesman. Like the "tonic" salesman in The Outlaw Josie Wales...

Indy Scout 117

welcome fellow Indyfan Sharkey!! you'll find that the people you meet on the Raven are really nice people. the Indyfan community is a great place. so, welcome to the Raven!! :D

lao che & sons

Hello sharkey,

don't worry about young indy after a good disscusion with stoo you'll know more about Indiana Jones than you bargained for!(y)

lao che & sons

DocWhiskey said:
Thank you.

so that's how eh? I always thought it was because your were a doctor ;) and because you had a drinking problem;) :p :D

But it's always interesting to hear the story behind folks username

DocWhiskey

lao che & sons said:
man, I'm surprised that between your Indiana Jones collecting and your alchoholism that you can still afford to use the computer:p

Heye! I can ues teh cumpewter jst fine evn a4ter a fwe dirnks dsseknm dknmfg

Sharkey

Alright people, closing time! Thanks for coming out. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here...lush faces!

AnnieJones

Sorry,if I'm a little late,but welcome,Sharkey,to The Raven!:hat:
I hope you find many interesting things to do here.
You probably already have and I hope you continue to.(y)I'll add you to my Buddy List!(y)