• Follow in the footsteps of Shiva.

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Same ole same ole...

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Shut your eyes Marion, don't look at it no matter what happens

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters

Indy's brother

I'd like to see the Temple Of Doom font again, with Indy in the center for the big opening "Indy Reveal". I think it would tie the films together a little more in a subtle way, and besides, it would seem kind of weird if TOD was the only one. But I'm just the sound of one hand clapping, what is your opinion?

Love TOD title splash screen

I always wanted them to revisit the series and impose that font style over the movies and get rid of the bland font they use for the other 3 movies. Sets the stage for the cliffhanger to follow.

AnythingGoes

Maybe I'm just a little biased, as ToD is my favorite of the films, but I would love for that title to be used again. They could have the usual solemn reveal, replete with dramatic music and scenery. And then: enter Indy, with the title flanking him on both sides.
Ah, but that's likely a pipe dream, considering how they seem far too fond of the standard, white-block text.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
My initial instinct was yes, but then that more or less requires a more over-the-top experience.

Unless, of course, we go back to one of my old favorite ideas: Indy watching a film based on himself at the movies.

michael

Same ole font. PLEASE. And here's why:

They can't make another Indy film like Temple of Doom. I associate that font with the sort of movie and story that INDIANA JONES and the Temple of Doom represents.

The other 3 (Raiders, Crusade & Skull) all have reoccurring characters, and more a GRAND, and EPIC scale to their adventures. They follow the similar formula as well, although Skull's prologue connects with the main story. They should be connected to that Raiders font.

Temple of Doom is ALL ABOUT Indiana Jones and that font. It's a weekend of Indy's life, and that's it. Even though, arguably, it's one his most important ones.

Darth Vile

michael said:
Same ole font. PLEASE. And here's why:

They can't make another Indy film like Temple of Doom. I associate that font with the sort of movie and story that INDIANA JONES and the Temple of Doom represents.

The other 3 (Raiders, Crusade & Skull) all have reoccurring characters, and more a GRAND, and EPIC scale to their adventures. They follow the similar formula as well, although Skull's prologue connects with the main story. They should be connected to that Raiders font.

Temple of Doom is ALL ABOUT Indiana Jones and that font. It's a weekend of Indy's life, and that's it. Even though, arguably, it's one his most important ones.

I have to agree with you. TOD is pitched almost as a superhero movie and the emblazoned Indy logo is befitting of the movie and its tone i.e. comic book like.

TheMutt92

I really don't care, but I voted "Same Old" anyways. Technically, the only reason that font works for TOD is because its more extravagant, just like the opening. The others films are much more subdued, and thus the font works for those. And yes, I know KOTCS starts w/ an Elvis song, but its defintly not the same type of extravagance as TOD.

michael

TheMutt92 said:
I really don't care, but I voted "Same Old" anyways. Technically, the only reason that font works for TOD is because its more extravagant, just like the opening. The others films are much more subdued, and thus the font works for those. And yes, I know KOTCS starts w/ an Elvis song, but its defintly not the same type of extravagance as TOD.
You make a really good point with this, nice post.

@Darth Vile

I don't really consider ToD to be comic book-like, but I understand what you mean.

INCUBUSRATM

I voted Same ol', but I wouldn't be against something new, considering KOTCS was a good bit different than the original trilogy, so I'm sure that Indy 5 will be different as well. Lucas and Spielberg need to re-define the series, as they've already proved they're not trying to make them like the original trilogy anymore. So with this redefinition, there might as well be a new font and whatnot.

Lao_Che

Depends on the film I guess.

I'd quite like to see a saturated version of the traditional franchise (ToD) font broken and cracked like The Lost World if, for example, the movie was about Indy's mortality.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
replican't said:
Too funny. Might be worth waiting till they announce the fifth film is gonna be made first. Which it won't be.

Eh, most of the interesting Indy IV discussions occurred when there was no real reason to believe that film would ever happen.

Indy's brother

Lao_Che said:
Depends on the film I guess.

I'd quite like to see a saturated version of the traditional franchise (ToD) font broken and cracked like The Lost World if, for example, the movie was about Indy's mortality.

Hmmm. A true departure, eh? That might have been a better route for KOTCS to have taken, actually. Of course, fans would have been divided over that, too. A third as-of-yet seen font? I must say, I hadn't even considered it, really. I'm down for it!