Any Other Hidden Lucas Characters in Indy Films?

I was just curious. I know there's C3P0 and R2D2 on the Well of The Souls wall in Raiders. And the plane has C3P0 numbers on it at the beginning of Raiders. And Lucas had a group of ETs in a scene in one of the Star Wars prequels.
But do any other Indy movies have hidden Star Wars or Lucas things hidden in them? Just wondering?

Crack that whip

This Star Wars page at the Indiana Jones wiki lists various references to the one franchise in the other, and vice versa.

The Lucas-executive-produced John Korty movie Twice Upon a Time features a character called Ibor, a furry, gorilla-esque robot with a TV screen for a face; the physical design seems somewhat inspired by the title menace of the '50s schlock sci-fi movie Robot Monster. Ibor communicates through video clips from movies, TV shows, etc. on his screen, and one sequence has him showing fleeting moments from both Star Wars - Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back and Raiders of the Lost Ark.

A few years later Lucas was executive producer of the notorious Howard the Duck (written, produced and directed by Willard Huyck and Gloria Katz, known around these parts for Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom), the earliest scenes of which are set on Howard's home planet of Duckworld, which is like ours but full of anthropomorphic ducks, and there are terrible duck puns everywhere. Howard's apartment has various movie posters on the wall, including one for "Breeders of the Lost Stork," with artwork parodying the classic Richard Amsel illustration for the original Raiders 1-sheet.

Finn

Staff member
Not to instigate a running joke or anything, but did somebody already mention the blaringly obvious one in ToD?

Then there are of course the numbers "1138" that pop up from time to time. I think five or six times over the course of the four films in total.

Crack that whip said:
Howard's apartment has various movie posters on the wall, including one for "Breeders of the Lost Stork," with artwork parodying the classic Richard Amsel illustration for the original Raiders 1-sheet.
Neat piece of trivia, but let's keep in mind that this thread, I think, is supposed to be about references to other Lucas-related things in the Indy films, not the other way around. (Just clarifying, so that we don't have people flooding this thread with every bit of Indy reference they recall from pop culture, as we already have a place for that.

Last edited:
cropdustdair said:
Lucas had a group of ETs in a scene in one of the Star Wars prequels.

251442_213025378731450_100000719686218_679359_1883273_n.jpg

russds

Finn said:
Not to instigate a running joke or anything, but did somebody already mention the blaringly obvious one in ToD?

The thread only had 2 replies, yours being 3, is it so hard to check if it's been mentioned? :) I must be forgetting this 'blaringly obvious' one, please inform.

Finn said:
Then there are of course the numbers "1138" that pop up from time to time. I think five or six times over the course of the four films in total.

Can you mention where a couple of them are? I'm sure I've seen them, but don't recall where now.

Thanks!

Stoo

cropdustdair said:
And the plane has C3P0 numbers on it at the beginning of Raiders.
Jock's plane also has "OB" which refers to an old guy who "lives beyond the Dune Sea".;)
russds said:
The thread only had 2 replies, yours being 3, is it so hard to check if it's been mentioned? :) I must be forgetting this 'blaringly obvious' one, please inform.
It's the well-known name of a certain Shanghai night club, Russ.;)
russds said:
Can you mention where a couple of them are? I'm sure I've seen them, but don't recall where now.
See these threads:
THX-1138 mentioned in Raiders?
"1138" in KotCS?

NOTE: A couple of those 1138 references are dubious & unsubstantiated.

Stoo

Finn said:
Nah, the number is lower than "five or six".;) 5 references have been mentioned/proposed but only *1* has been confirmed...so far. (See the other threads.)

@Rocket: Do you have an image of R2 & 3PO in the alien temple from "Skull"? They are supposed to be there somewhere.

Stoo said:
@Rocket: Do you have an image of R2 & 3PO in the alien temple from "Skull"? They are supposed to be there somewhere.

No not yet, I left Skull on the TV while I did other things last night, (it was on SyFy), and since I've been itching to check it out again...

Crack that whip

Finn said:
Neat piece of trivia, but let's keep in mind that this thread, I think, is supposed to be about references to other Lucas-related things in the Indy films, not the other way around. (Just clarifying, so that we don't have people flooding this thread with every bit of Indy reference they recall from pop culture, as we already have a place for that.

Fair enough, although I'd have considered Indy references specifically in other productions from the Lucasfilm mothership to warrant special attention apart from all the references on The Simpsons, Frasier, Jeopardy! or whatever. Perhaps if they're not to go in this thread, they should get a third thread of their own...

Anyway, the page linked in the beginning of my post has plenty of them, though it's not as comprehensive as it should be. Perhaps I should get back to making wiki contributions myself and do something about that...