TheRaider.net
 

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Video Games
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-03-2008, 05:49 PM   #1
Moedred
Administrator
 
Moedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: California
Posts: 4,893
Lego Indy OA hints and tech help

You're stuck, you're frustrated, and you want instant gratification. Or you want to report today's accomplishments as a service to fellow citizens. Or you just want to pound the keyboard with the caps lock key on. Here is the thread for you. Make a spot of tea and settle in for a nice, long read.

Also, watch this first post for links to suggested patches and walkthroughs.
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 01:22 AM   #2
Gillman
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 19
Question Achievements

Can anyone explain to me what achievements are? There's a list in the hint book, and I'll post a link to some that you can earn, but all I see are point values and quotations from the movie. Do you get anything for performing the achievements? Do achievement points do anything?

Thanks,

Rob

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g.../achievements/
Gillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 06:05 AM   #3
Violet
Moderator Emeritus
 
Violet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Host City of the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Australia
Posts: 3,196
Don't about achievements, I have problems of my own.

How do you open the gate to Pankot Palace? I kept having heaps of trouble putting all three characters on the elevator thing with the ladder. I can't put all three on there. I can put two of them when I'm playing multiplayer, but struggle still getting the last character there. Is there another way or is there a trick to it?
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:32 AM   #4
nezobiwan
IndyFan
 
nezobiwan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Okemos, MI
Posts: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Indy
Don't about achievements, I have problems of my own.

How do you open the gate to Pankot Palace? I kept having heaps of trouble putting all three characters on the elevator thing with the ladder. I can't put all three on there. I can put two of them when I'm playing multiplayer, but struggle still getting the last character there. Is there another way or is there a trick to it?
The elephants need to go on the platform on the left. All three characters need to be at the gate to stand on the buttons on the right, as you said. To make sure everyone gets that far, you have to make sure that everyone gets past the mud pits. A character needs to ride an elephant to safely cross the 2 or 3 mudpits in this level. The last mudpit is crossably by Indy using his whip, so you can put Willie and Short Round onto the two elephants and have Indy just swing across.

Does that help? It's hard to explain without visuals... plus I've only played that level once so I'm only guessing as to what trouble you're having.
nezobiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:34 AM   #5
nezobiwan
IndyFan
 
nezobiwan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Okemos, MI
Posts: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillman
Can anyone explain to me what achievements are? There's a list in the hint book, and I'll post a link to some that you can earn, but all I see are point values and quotations from the movie. Do you get anything for performing the achievements? Do achievement points do anything?

Thanks,

Rob

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g.../achievements/

Sorry for the double post...

I think that acheivements are just "bragging rights" between other gamers. I don't think they have anything to do with the game. My husband explained them as ways of one-upping other gamers. "Oh, you have so-and-so achievement? Well did you get the whats-it?" etc.
nezobiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 06:15 PM   #6
Indy4fan
IndyFan
 
Indy4fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 272
Stuck-Temple of Doom

After I get the antidote, fix the car, how do I fix the plane? I see an entrance for Short Round but I can't get him to stay on the platform. I also see a plane piece but I can't get to it. I already used the whip to activate the propellers. Thanks.

I'm using a PSP.
Indy4fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:46 PM   #7
Violet
Moderator Emeritus
 
Violet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Host City of the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Australia
Posts: 3,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezobiwan
The elephants need to go on the platform on the left. All three characters need to be at the gate to stand on the buttons on the right, as you said. To make sure everyone gets that far, you have to make sure that everyone gets past the mud pits. A character needs to ride an elephant to safely cross the 2 or 3 mudpits in this level. The last mudpit is crossably by Indy using his whip, so you can put Willie and Short Round onto the two elephants and have Indy just swing across.

Does that help? It's hard to explain without visuals... plus I've only played that level once so I'm only guessing as to what trouble you're having.

Yep, that helps. Will give that a shot. Thanks, nez!
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:48 PM   #8
Violet
Moderator Emeritus
 
Violet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Host City of the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Australia
Posts: 3,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy4fan
After I get the antidote, fix the car, how do I fix the plane? I see an entrance for Short Round but I can't get him to stay on the platform. I also see a plane piece but I can't get to it. I already used the whip to activate the propellers. Thanks.

I'm using a PSP.

Have seen the forklift in one of the garages? Use the forklift with one of the characters on (probably Willie because of her high jump ability) and reach the plane piece that way. I did that with my brother on multiplayer mode.
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 04:23 AM   #9
Grimezy
IndyFan
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Downunder
Posts: 66
In Cairo from RotLA, I'm at some part where there's two German soldiers on Camels, and theres a cart i have to push, but theres like a barrel keeping it up. What do i do here?

It's probably something simple, but I'm just not finding it :|

Edit: And what do you know it was, i just had to pull it -.- lol.
Grimezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 11:44 AM   #10
Snakes
IndyFan
 
Snakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 445
I'm stuck on the Cairo rooftops, the place just after you cross the collapsing planks. I got the key from the monkey, crossed the bridge, got the machine parts from the building to the right, but then I can't do anything else! I read that the monkey will give you a wrench to repair the generator, but when I throw bananas at him he just sits there. I hate that monkey!
Snakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 11:55 AM   #11
Vance
IndyFan
 
Vance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakes
I'm stuck on the Cairo rooftops, the place just after you cross the collapsing planks. I got the key from the monkey, crossed the bridge, got the machine parts from the building to the right, but then I can't do anything else! I read that the monkey will give you a wrench to repair the generator, but when I throw bananas at him he just sits there. I hate that monkey!

That means you probably already have the wrench, or it's been thrown and you didn't catch it. See if it's on your back, or if it's farther down the screen or something. (It actually be can easy to miss this at times, so don't feel bad.)
Vance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:23 PM   #12
xfkirsten
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 134
Question: Indy is supposed to be able to read the hieroglyph puzzles without a book, right? That's how I interpreted the "Academic" section in the instruction booklet, anyways. Because sometimes it will let me and sometimes it won't. (Playing on the Wii)
xfkirsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:29 PM   #13
The Drifter
IndyFan
 
The Drifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
Posts: 4,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfkirsten
Question: Indy is supposed to be able to read the hieroglyph puzzles without a book, right? That's how I interpreted the "Academic" section in the instruction booklet, anyways. Because sometimes it will let me and sometimes it won't. (Playing on the Wii)

No, you need a book I think.
Henry Sr. has a book.
The Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:41 PM   #14
xfkirsten
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonsome_Drifter
No, you need a book I think.
Henry Sr. has a book.

Ah, okay, maybe the directions just meant that was their default item. going back and re-reading the directions again, it actually only mentions Henry Sr. and Marcus - I misread that one.
xfkirsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:53 PM   #15
Snakes
IndyFan
 
Snakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 445
Sorry if I'm being a pain, but I'm still stuck at the part on the rooftops where you need to repair the generator. I've done everything I can, but the monkey keeps giving me the key I used to extend the bridge. I have a feeling it may be a glitch. Does the monkey usually move from where he sits with the key?
Snakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 11:06 PM   #16
Shortie
IndyFan
 
Shortie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Loving KOCS
Posts: 759
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezobiwan
Sorry for the double post...

I think that acheivements are just "bragging rights" between other gamers. I don't think they have anything to do with the game. My husband explained them as ways of one-upping other gamers. "Oh, you have so-and-so achievement? Well did you get the whats-it?" etc.

Yeah basically. Each game comes with 1000 points but with DLC it can be 1,250. You have to do certain things in game to get them. Some games have special things for getting all 1,000 (Halo 3) while others don't. As gar as I know this one doesn't.
Shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 11:15 PM   #17
Snakes
IndyFan
 
Snakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 445
Ok, it is definitely a glitch. I checked a strategy guide, and saw that the monkey is supposed to move the the ledge next to the generator. Now I'm really in a jam. I hope I don't have to reinstall the game, or worse, return it. Returnn..
Snakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 12:25 AM   #18
IndyFan89
IndyFan
 
IndyFan89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Burbank
Posts: 629
In the elaphent level in TOD, i can't seem to git the banana's of the tree to give to the monkey. The banana's are hanging over the dry sand pit!
IndyFan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 02:37 AM   #19
Grimezy
IndyFan
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Downunder
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyFan89
In the elaphent level in TOD, i can't seem to git the banana's of the tree to give to the monkey. The banana's are hanging over the dry sand pit!

Use Indy's whip
Grimezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 02:17 PM   #20
fixer79
IndyFan
 
fixer79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Belgium
Posts: 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakes
Ok, it is definitely a glitch. I checked a strategy guide, and saw that the monkey is supposed to move the the ledge next to the generator. Now I'm really in a jam. I hope I don't have to reinstall the game, or worse, return it. Returnn..

That sucks... Don't jump to conclusions though...

I had a similar blocking glitch in the first LEGO Star Wars game on PS2. I ended up just exiting and starting the mission over, which did the trick.
fixer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 06:19 AM   #21
Rhys135
IndyFan
 
Rhys135's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: North Wales, UK
Posts: 329
How do I defeat the Flying Wing mechanic in the console version?
Rhys135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 09:55 AM   #22
metalinvader
IndyFan
 
metalinvader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orellana's Cradle
Posts: 2,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhys135
How do I defeat the Flying Wing mechanic in the console version?


I had problems with this at first also.It took me forever to figure out how to beat him.Pick up the anvil and bring it to him.He'll punch it and loose energy.Then a convoy truck will appear,Jump in the plane and shoot the truck.The truck will explode and you can build another anvil out of that.Repeat that one more time and the mechanic is finished.
metalinvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:59 AM   #23
gringo
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 30
I am stuck trying to get my last chest. It is in the catacombs in the Hunt for Sir Richard. I need to know the locations of all the skeletons and how to get them.

Thanks
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:40 PM   #24
Eternalight
IndyFan
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 19
Gringo I think I can help you out!


I played this level last night, and I also had some trouble finding the skeletons. Forgive me if this seems rather off, I'm doing this from memory.

There should be one of the skeletons hidden in the first room of the catacombs I think, just bash every one of the coffins you come in contact with, and I think you will find it. Be careful of the spikes though! They'll kill you in a heartbeat!

In the next room there should be at lest three. On the right as you enter, you should see a coffin that you can pull out, doing that will trigger the second skeleton. Nextly you need a Thuggee you talk to the sliver statue, that will give you the third one. Right after you get past the rat trap right next to the door, and the torches. You should see a wall that you can bash on your right. That'll give you the forth one.

Now, in the next room, with the water, is the last one. Swim right to the middle of the room, where you can see some switches underneath. Press the action button, the one you use for your whip, or whatever. Swim under the water and press all three of the switches, that should give you the last one, letting you get to the chest!

Just backtrack and you'll have it! Hope I was helpful!!
Eternalight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:50 PM   #25
gringo
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternalight
Gringo I think I can help you out!


I played this level last night, and I also had some trouble finding the skeletons. Forgive me if this seems rather off, I'm doing this from memory.

There should be one of the skeletons hidden in the first room of the catacombs I think, just bash every one of the coffins you come in contact with, and I think you will find it. Be careful of the spikes though! They'll kill you in a heartbeat!

In the next room there should be at lest three. On the right as you enter, you should see a coffin that you can pull out, doing that will trigger the second skeleton. Nextly you need a Thuggee you talk to the sliver statue, that will give you the third one. Right after you get past the rat trap right next to the door, and the torches. You should see a wall that you can bash on your right. That'll give you the forth one.

Now, in the next room, with the water, is the last one. Swim right to the middle of the room, where you can see some switches underneath. Press the action button, the one you use for your whip, or whatever. Swim under the water and press all three of the switches, that should give you the last one, letting you get to the chest!

Just backtrack and you'll have it! Hope I was helpful!!

Thanks..That is what I was looking for
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 PM.