US Wings jackets

Indy Byrd

Does anyone here have a US Wings Indy jacket? I am looking into getting another Indy jacket as I currently have a Todds. I was wanting a LC style jacket and I have narrowed it down to a US Wings, or a Wested. The backs of the US Wings jackets just look different, like the back portion is narrow compared to other Indy jackets.

Djd1

The USW jackets vary a lot between the US made ones and the imports. The imports seem to suffer from a lot of mistakes in pocket placement, back panel width and general quality control. If you're after a LC jacket I'd go with the Wested. They're all made in the uk now and they did after all actually make the LC jackets for the film. I'd say the LC is actually their best replica jacket

Indy Byrd

Thanks for the input...I have been thinking that the Westeds is the way to go, however, I have heard a lot of horror stories from others who got their Wested and it fit wrong. When I first got my Todds, it fit funny, but the more I wore it, the better it fit and I wear it all the time now, its my only jacket now for two years.

Djd1

If you give Wested your correct measurements theyre pretty good. I'd advise speaking to them by phone before you order

Lol- Nathan I just realised we're talking in two different places at once - Derek

Last edited:

Djd1

The US made ones are well made but pricey. There have also been some problems with the pattern - pockets in odd places and such like. I think they're nice jackets but for my tastes perhaps a bit too substantial for something that looks like indy's actual film jackets. There are also minor things like the zippers being on the US side rather than the 'correct' uk side.

IndyJoey

Oh, so Todd's jacket has it on the UK side? When i got Todd's jacket it seemed really strange, because im so used to having it on the US side. I guess thats how they do it in the UK.... i should probably get used to it now, although i wont be in the UK when i move this summer, i will be right outside of it... Republic of Ireland.... :D

Djd1

I'm just over the border in the north of the island. I'm sure your left hand zipper will work just fine down there! Just remember not to drive on the wrong side of the road..... Todds jacket is excellent value and a more accurate raiders pattern than most

IndyJoey

Djd1 said:
I'm just over the border in the north of the island. I'm sure your left hand zipper will work just fine down there! Just remember not to drive on the wrong side of the road..... Todds jacket is excellent value and a more accurate raiders pattern than most

Oh my god! I'm going to live near an Indy fan other than my own dad?! And yeah, even in the burning heat of california, i dont sweat very much in it, and in the summer around here, i sweat horribly! So you have todds jacket im assuming? So it stands up to all the wind and rain? I havent had a chance to wear mine in the rain yet. Hahaha... Well, thats good i guess, and i dont have to worry about driving on the wrong side, because i havent started driving yet!

Djd1

No I don't own a todds at the moment although ive owned one of his custom jackets in the past but I know of many happy owners of his jackets and they usually look good in pictures I've seen. I currently have a Wested and one from Magnoli. The Wested is a new one in shrunken lamb and out of the six Indy jackets I've had it's the best by a distance.

I hope you enjoy Ireland - a few good ancient sites for you to visit in your gear. Just prepare yourself for not seeing the sun ever again.....

IndyJoey

Oh allright, cool. Any site recommendations? And i never got a wested because i heard that their quality control was bad. Is it better now? And thats gonna be a shock.... going from sunny California to Ireland.... but i'm excited... :D :D So, what kinds of sites are there around Ireland?

Djd1

Wested's quality control is fine on the whole - there's a lot of trash talked about it by certain people on another forum.... Their Hero pattern is as good as I've seen outside of a $1000 tony nowak copy. The shrunken lamb they now have is one of the best leathers I've seen too. It'll be a lot easy for you once you're in Europe as shipping will be cheaper. There is also a new company who have just launched a new copy of the jacket that looks superb. Google Bill Kelso and have a look.

Ireland has castles, ancient monestries and countless prehistoric sites. New grange burial complex is one of the more famous of the latter. I'm sure Indy would have paid a visit!