Will you see Indiana Jones in IMAX/AMC Marathon?

As an Indiana Jones fan...I will;

• Go see 'Raiders' in IMAX, skip the AMC Four-Film Marathon!

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Go see the AMC Four Film Marathon, skip 'Raiders' in IMAX!

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Go see both IMAX and AMC Showings. "Shut up and take my money!"

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • I will not be attending either IMAX or AMC's Marathon.

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters

Goodeknight

Just spent $117 on tickets for Indy in IMAX and the marathon (my wife, son, and me).

First, though, I joined the AMC Stubs program for 12 bucks. While we usually go to a Regal that we like, I spent enough on Indy in one shot to make the Stubs card pay for itself. $12/year (insane to pay anything for a rewards program), and if you spend $100 you get $10 off in tickets, popcorn, or whatever. Free size upgrades with popcorn and other stuff. And no fees for getting my tickets online. That saved me 10 bucks, too.

Now, to find out if costumes will be allowed....

Cairo, Nepal, Alexandreta, Venice, India HERE WE COME!!

HenryJunior

You're an awesome Dad Goodeknight! :whip:

No offense to my own Dad who also bought us tickets to the marathon lol.
WHICH IS GONNA BE AWESOME!!!!

IAdventurer01

I've had my tickets for the IMAX for 2 weeks now! It pains me to miss out on seeing Temple of Doom and Last Crusade in theaters for the first time, but I unfortunately really don't have that much time to commit in one weekend. As it was, I had to clear out time for Raiders IMAX - but it was something that if I missed, I would kick myself for years.

If I went for all the movies, I would stay for Crystal Skull. It's the least important to me simply because I've already seen it in theaters - twice - but if I was already there for that long, I might as well be there for the long haul!

Dr.Jonesy

That's very cool of you guys Edward The Head and Goodeknight!
:hat:

My father would've never done something like that for me. Pretty cool of you.
:)

Crack that whip

HenryJunior said:
The marathon sounds a little more fun anyway. It's only one day which makes it a little more exclusive, plus the freebies should be cool (An "exclusive" poster, and a lanyard, hopefully indy themed).:D

If it's anything like the lanyards for the previous Avengers and Dark Knight marathons (and it certainly ought to be), it'll have a nice, laminated tag with the poster art (so, definitely Indy themed, unless I'm totally wrong :p ).

Goodeknight

Crack that whip said:
If it's anything like the lanyards for the previous Avengers and Dark Knight marathons (and it certainly ought to be), it'll have a nice, laminated tag with the poster art (so, definitely Indy themed, unless I'm totally wrong :p ).

Awesome.

Dr.Jonesy said:
That's very cool of you guys Edward The Head and Goodeknight!

My father would've never done something like that for me. Pretty cool of you.
:)

Thanks, Jonesy. In my family we're all fans, so fun for everyone. Perhaps someday you'll have opportunities to do something similar for your own kids. You know how meaningful it would be.

Goodeknight

AMC costume policy

As I just mentioned in another thread....

AMC's costume policy boils down to no fake (or real) weapons, and no masks that cover your face. So an Indy outfit should be fine. I don't know about the whip. Then again, I don't know that anyone would fear a mass whipping at the theater anyway. I will definitely leave the gun belt at home.

According to an AMC press release posted July 20:
We will not allow any guests into our theatres in costumes that make other guests feel uncomfortable and we will not permit face-covering masks or fake weapons inside our buildings. If guests wish to exchange or refund any tickets, we will honor our existing policy and do as our guests wish. We are taking necessary precautions to ensure our guests who wish to enjoy a movie this weekend can do so with as much peace of mind as possible in these circumstances.

That July 20 post mentions "this weekend." So it's rather dated. I don't see any other references to standing costume policies on AMC's website.

Dr.Jonesy

goodeknight said:
As I just mentioned in another thread....

AMC's costume policy boils down to no fake (or real) weapons, and no masks that cover your face. So an Indy outfit should be fine. I don't know about the whip. Then again, I don't know that anyone would fear a mass whipping at the theater anyway. I will definitely leave the gun belt at home.

According to an AMC press release posted July 20:

That July 20 post mentions "this weekend." So it's rather dated. I don't see any other references to standing costume policies on AMC's website.

If you're going to dress like Indy, I'd say people should be fine. However, showing up dressed as Vogel with a Nazi Arm-Band or Irina Spalko with the hammer and sickle on your shirt may make some people uncomfortable.

:p

MDew

Got my tickets for the marathon - it's going to be awesome! And, as is customary with my group we will no doubt all be going in costume. I had a chance to catch an old 35mm print of Raiders at a local theater a couple years ago which was really cool so I can't wait to see a new transfer and the other ones on the BIG SCREEN! (y) It'll be interesting to see who sticks it out through KOTCS...

Dr.Jonesy

MDew said:
It'll be interesting to see who sticks it out through KOTCS...

I'd bet most everyone will. I know people who have gone to screenings of all four and they said most everyone stayed. I went to a 'Crusade/Kingdom' screening and everyone stayed.

Crack that whip

I'm definitely planning on sticking for all four, as well as seeing Raiders of the Lost Ark as many times as I can allow myself to pay for during the week it'll play in IMAX.

I must say I'm surprised at the current thread poll results; I'd have thought option 3, "Go see both IMAX and AMC Showings. "Shut up and take my money!"" would be leading... though I gather more people have the option of doing Raiders in IMAX than the AMC marathon, since it appears to be playing on far more screens, as well as playing for a whole week of regularly-scheduled showings, and not a single-time event.

Last edited:

Goonie

I'm definitely going to go see Raiders on IMAX as it will be playing here. But we don't have AMCs on this side of the border.

I got a bunch of Scene Card points saved up, so maybe I'll see it twice... for free! (y)

Dr. Gonzo

Rocket Surgeon said:
My view is this...

Raiders on IMAX is THE EVENT OF THE YEAR in my book.

vqYuG.gif

Especially if it is coming from that 5k restored academy print, which it is...
IT'S GONNA BE GOOD.

HenryJunior

You guys are making me jealous.:p
Well most of you have had the chance to see these flicks in the theater so I'm pretty excited to be seeing the first three in the theater for the first time!
:whip:

Can't wait!

Dr.Jonesy

Wonder how well these tickets are selling for the Marathon, cause I expected my theater to sell out and it hasn't.

Hopefully they do good.

Crack that whip

Dr.Jonesy said:
Wonder how well these tickets are selling for the Marathon, cause I expected my theater to sell out and it hasn't.

Hopefully they do good.

IIRC, my local AMC hadn't quite sold out tickets for either the Avengers marathon or the Dark Knight trilogy screenings at about this time before the events, and those both included brand-new, eagerly-awaited installments. Both events wound up having great turnouts anyway.

Now, I do wonder about this one simply because it's entirely made up of movies that have already been out for years. But we'll see...

Dr.Jonesy

Crack that whip said:
IIRC, my local AMC hadn't quite sold out tickets for either the Avengers marathon or the Dark Knight trilogy screenings at about this time before the events, and those both included brand-new, eagerly-awaited installments. Both events wound up having great turnouts anyway.

Now, I do wonder about this one simply because it's entirely made up of movies that have already been out for years. But we'll see...

Yeah, that's true. My 'Dark Knight' Marathon was sold out a month before. 'Avengers' and Batman were highly anticipated and sure everyone loves Indy, but asking people to pay to sit through four films they've already seen countless times in a row in a packed theater might be a tall order.

:p

Not for any of us, though of course!

Abre75

I am extremely excited to see the marathon on the big screen :D. I am a big fan of the franchise and have only gotten to see Crystal Skull in theaters. I even got a group of my friends to come with me :D even some who have never seen any of the films :whip: I already ordered my ticket but some of them don't have credit cards and can't order online... does anyone know if they will be selling tickets the day of ? The theater by my house hasn't sold out yet either :p so I am hoping they will...