cheap guns that will..... Do.

Hi all, ive been looking a really cheap alternative to the Webley .455 and havent had much luck. And by cheap I mean cheap. Less than $10 cheap.

Looking on the dreaded bay of E I found 2 pistols that I reckon I can adapt and transform into a reasonable facsimile of the webley.

The first one is a plastic cowbow costume pistol which I got for £2 free postage and the silver one is a metal pistol with a break barrel for a £3.50 free post. Having no reference of scale I got both. And obviously I should have just got one as the break barrel cap gun is tiddly. So im gonna concentrate on the black one and... . Weblyfy it. Once its done, if it looks good enough and if anyone is interested I'll do a tutorial as I think it should look passable for as little as £10 including the cost of the gun.

Last edited:

Texan Scott

Just sold my Webley Enfield this past weekend. It was just laying around and I am not a collector, so it was just a piece of metal to me. You don't really shoot a gun like that, considering how old it is, so it was time to part with it.

Not being allowed handguns in England my choice is limited to a replica which I couldnt take out in public or the air pistol also which I couldnt take out. So a plastic toy is the only way can carry it out in public. But I still have to be very careful and not use it in a "threatening manner"

A water pistol version would be ideal. I'll keep looking for something close on that front