Which team will win Super Bowl XLI?

Which team will win Super Bowl XLI?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

monkey

Joe Brody said:
For anything as vanilla as Peyton & the Colts, figure you should go with Miller Lite.

Actually, I prefer to drink actual "Beer", not those substitutes, but thanks for the suggestin.

But Vanilla????

Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry...............whatever.........a touchdown is a touchdown and is worth 6 points (7 with Mr. Automatic kicking). And the Colts are going to score a lot more touchdowns than the Bears will.

Oh, and if they do happen to need a field goal or two........well, hmmmm, let me see..............oh yes, they happen to have the greatest clutch kicker in NFL history kicking for them.

COLTS 51, BEARS 24

"I'll have a vanilla latte beer please"

monkey

Peyton Manning.....personality......vanilla? ...........OK I'll give you that. He's not exactly going to liven up the proceedings with his personality, that's for sure.

Although I do think he has a good sense of humor...as evidenced by his TV commercials, which are pretty good actually.

"come on....shake it off........rub some dirt on it"

"DECAF......DECAF"

monkey

I TOLD YA!!!!!

Congratulations to Peyton Manning, Tony Dungy, and the entire COLTS organization.

monkey

But they shouldn't have given MVP to Peyton Manning.

The MVP should have been either of the two Indianapolis running backs.....either Dominic Rhodes, or Joseph Addai. Both of those guys were the key to this win for the Colts.

They ran right through the bears.

roundshort

Katarn07 said:
Everyone says the Bears are gonna lose. But isn't that what they said about the game against the Saints? After that saftey, it wasn't even a contest. I think the players are confident enough to do well again. I just hope Grossman comes through again.

You were right, Grossman really came through . . ."The worst QB to ever play in the Superbowl, ever!"

IAdventurer01

roundshort said:
You were right, Grossman really came through . . ."The worst QB to ever play in the Superbowl, ever!"

He was bad, but to his credit, his stats reflect worse on him than he actually played. I can think of several times where he threw perfectly to an open receiver and the receiver botched his job and dropped it. Incomplete pass? I think there should be an incomplete catch category.

roundshort

IAdventurer01 said:
He was bad, but to his credit, his stats reflect worse on him than he actually played. I can think of several times where he threw perfectly to an open receiver and the receiver botched his job and dropped it. Incomplete pass? I think there should be an incomplete catch category.

I have always said this, but the two bobbled snaps, that is just bad Qb, you cant make that mistake in any game, let alone the SB! Also, the two int were also horrible, they were not brillan plays by DB, just bad judgement. But i guess the real story is the MIGHTY BEARS D, heck, they looked AWFUL! I think they watched tapes of the old INDY D and copied that. Brian UR-SLACKER was a bit too pompus in the week before.

The better team won, over all a boring game after the 1st qtr.

roundshort

Joe Brody said:
One likely non-winner: whatever network is carrying the game. Two dead-center mid-western cities. Funny, but one thing that could really help the game's ratings is the national audience's familiarity with Manning's funny Mastercard commercials.

"D"

"Caf"

Bump.

Bump.

"D"

"Caf"

Not really, the number 3 watched tv event ever, only the 1996 Pittsburgh vs/ Dallas Sb and M*A*S*H* finale had more viewers, last years SB, Pittsburgh vs. someone was number 4. Seems like the Steelers draw big numbers, maybe they should play every year?

Katarn07

roundshort said:

First of all, I didn't say he would. I said I hoped he did. And I really think he deserves less hating from people.

The defense is what sucked. He didn't have too many attempts with the ball. When they only had a yard to go in the third down, and he threw it rather than running it, that wasn't his fault. That was the fault of the offensive coordinator. I'm not the biggest football fan so I don't know his name. The other two crap throws of his that resulted in an interception were bad, but you know what? Manning threw one too. He just had that much more time with the ball that he was able to do some good too. I blame the defense, not just Grossman.

Thank God I'm not a football fan or I would have been super ticked off! :p

Chris Jones

The Bear's QB was terrible during that game. Tripping over himself more than once. Their offense barely had the ball the entire game. They started off great in the beginning, but then afterwards the Colts dominated.

roundshort

Katarn07 said:
First of all, I didn't say he would. I said I hoped he did. And I really think he deserves less hating from people.

The defense is what sucked. He didn't have too many attempts with the ball. When they only had a yard to go in the third down, and he threw it rather than running it, that wasn't his fault. That was the fault of the offensive coordinator. I'm not the biggest football fan so I don't know his name. The other two crap throws of his that resulted in an interception were bad, but you know what? Manning threw one too. He just had that much more time with the ball that he was able to do some good too. I blame the defense, not just Grossman.

Thank God I'm not a football fan or I would have been super ticked off! :p

Actually, the defense saved Chicago form an really bad time, that score should have beeen 55-17, but the D stepped up enough to Colts from getting at least 3 more TD. The whole Bears team should be embarrassed, as well as every other NFC team, if that was the best , , ,Grosman is a joke and will not last in the league. Peyton is that good, and I actually give the Bears some credit for stopping them as much as they did. Why the Bears didn't continue to run, which was working, and why they didn't bring more pressure on Peyton . . .
You can't win games when you are scared of the other team and that was how the Bears played, scared.

Now the team cancelled a celebration for them home in Chicago, lets give the fans anything. What a bunch of babies!