General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Indy's brother said:
I hope there's something more substantial.

Because I am an idiot.

Don't worry, so am I.

EricIgn said:
"Next time I get a script for Indiana Jones, I'd be delighted to play the character again" - Ford.

EricVespe said:
Harrison Ford turned down the part of Alan Grant in Jurassic Park, according to Spielberg. Ford just shrugged.

I love Ford's manner, constantly.

IndyForever

Not going to Mars is probably a reference to George Lucas's crazy idea they mentioned back in 2008. If Lucas really did mean to send Indy to Mars then yes that would be totally crazy!!!

I have less hope than ever now Indy5 will ever happen. Its obvious Lucas is sulking & not that bothered so Ford/Spielberg have nothing to work with I mean how hard is it to come up with a decent Indy story when still so many avenues/opportunities to explore.............

Montana Smith

"that's a little bit of a hot topic, isn't it?" - Spielberg asked about changing his movies

"I tried it once and I learned to regret it" - Spielberg on changing ET

Spielberg said he felt like he robbed people's memories of the ET with his special edition.

(Take note, George!)

Spielberg also said George Lucas is a great person, who gave us Star Wars and Indiana Jones and Star Wars is his to change if he wants

(Boo!)

Forbidden Eye

ben85 said:
Within the last 3 minutes of this post the screening has finished.

Spielberg is onstage.

http://twitter.com/#!/EricIGN

This user has already started quoting Spielberg from the stage so credit should be given to him.

EricIGN Eric Goldman
"We talk about it yes, and we're hopeful, some day" - Spielberg on Indy 5, after joking about bridges burned from Crystal Skull.

Harrison Ford also joined him onstage. Lucky people..

Man to have been in that audience with Spielberg and Harrison in front of me, reminds me how dull my life is. :(

IndyForever

Indy's brother said:
As a fan, and a die hard Indy 5 advocate, I think I see the bottom now. Did I mention that it appears to resemble a rock?
I don't want to admit it but unless Lucas works on this soon its obviously over & Lucas does not appear to be working on it so the chances of it happening now are remote to extinct..............

Montana Smith

Decision still being made on whether Raiders is going to come out solo on blu-ray or Indy trilogy all at once says Spielberg

Spielberg hopes Raiders Blu-ray will be soon - waiting on George, who will probably focus on it more now that Star Wars Blu is done

Raiders is the only one of Spielberg's movies he can watch from beginning to end as an audience member

Last edited:

Forbidden Eye

Indy's brother said:
man. That's weak as hell.

I hope there's something more substantial.

Because I am an idiot.

I don't know. Considering Kathleen Kennedy was speaking for Steven a couple months ago claiming that Indiana Jones 5 was dead, it proves there is still a chance of this happening. At the very least, it proved the negative nancys who claimed that there would be no mention of Indy 5 at this screening would happen wrong. ;)

This pretty much confirms though that it is Lucas' fault for this long delay with my thread getting an answer.

Spielberg and Ford are up for another one. Lucas just keeps doing what he does best: procrastinating.

Montana Smith

And that's the end of the Q&A.

So they really reeled out the same story as before - there's always been the possibility for Indy V, since no one is going to rule it out.

IndyForever

Forbidden Eye said:
I don't know. Considering Kathleen Kennedy was speaking for Steven a couple months ago claiming that Indiana Jones 5 was dead, it proves there is still a chance of this happening. At the very least, it proved the negative nancys who claimed that there would be no mention of Indy 5 at this screening would happen wrong. ;)

This pretty much confirms though that it is Lucas' fault for this long delay with my thread getting an answer.

Spielberg and Ford are up for another one. Lucas just keeps doing what he does best: procrastinating.
Read this lengthy article about Lucas ex wife then you get a feel for the man himself & can understand why he is difficult to work with & not a people person which is most likely why Spielberg/Ford can do nothing to move this sequel unless or even if Lucas wants to do another!!!

http://secrethistoryofstarwars.com/marcialucas.html

ben85

Forbidden Eye said:
Man to have been in that audience with Spielberg and Harrison in front of me, reminds me how dull my life is. :(

I know how you feel.. sitting here at work while these people are packed into a theater with these two film icons in attendance.

Dr.Jonesy

I love KOTCS, and it stands as my 3rd favorite(2nd favorite on some days), but Indy V is pretty much dead. And that's okay, to me. I'm fine with that now, I guess.

Harry's too old, as well.

Thanks Steve, George and Harry for 4 great, iconic films!
:hat:

Dr.Jonesy said:
I love KOTCS, and it stands as my 3rd favorite(2nd favorite on some days), but Indy V is pretty much dead. And that's okay, to me. I'm fine with that now, I guess.

Harry's too old, as well.

Thanks Steve, George and Harry for 4 great, iconic films!
:hat:

or, one totally great iconic film, one not bad film, one enjoyable enough film and one geriatric, confusing self-parody of a memory rape.

The Drifter

replican't said:
or, one totally great iconic film, one not bad film, one enjoyable enough film and one geriatric, confusing self-parody of a memory rape.

If it's hate you're interested in, Leiter91's Hater's thread is just right down the hall.

The Drifter said:
If it's hate you're interested in, Leiter91's Hater's thread is just right down the hall.

Oh please. I went to that thread - designed for hating - and discovered you had posted words suggesting you couldnt understand hating the film.

From which, I take it you enjoy Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull.

Me, I don't, and i'm perfectly entitled to criticise it in this thread when someone suggests it is part of a series of 'great, iconic films'.

Really? Great? Iconic???

Bit of perspective needed here mate, bit of perspective.

moon_tan

Forbidden Eye said:

I'm excited the theraider.net announced on Twitter that you can listen to 42 minutes of Speilberg and Harrison Ford discuss Raiders of the Lost Ark and talking about the possibility of Indiana Jones 5. This is great proof that Steven Spielberg is interested and, of course, Harrison Ford is ready. Maybe someone should put a red, hot poker underneath George Lucas and get him to write a few pages.