Indy Pistols

RetroJess

Grant Lutjens said:
Be careful what you get. The MK VI Standard are chambered to .455 Webley.
Almost impossible to find shells.... You can but they are extremely expensive,.

I was looking through catalog I get and noticed some for sale. Cabela's (http://www.cabelas.com/) sells the .455 ammunition for about 14-15.00 a box. This is, granted, more expensive than the cheapest .45 ammo, but it isn't a bad price at all. Especially considering the quality of the .45 Webley modifications we are seeing out there. Just an idea. I find that a box of 20 is fairly sufficient for any "carry" applications I may run into. :)

RetroJess

VP said:
The Smith & Wesson is much cooler than the Webley & Scott, IMO.
It's a rather more reliable gun, depending on the model. For my "adventure carry" I actually carry a S&W Mod. 27-2. 3 inch bbl in .357 magnum. It would do the trick if necessary. Not as large as a .45 but on that note. I was talking to a SWAT cop a while back, he carries a .22 short as backup. He says he's never met a perp who he could shoot 6 times w/ a .22 and then either run away from or kick their ass. I figure that's the long and short of it. :)

Viper

I heard Webleys were used by almost all of the British soldiers in the World Wars, long after they were issued a different pistol.

Also, S&Ws aren't nearly as unique as Webleys, IMO.

relic1

converted webley

ive seen some conversions and the timing and lock up are not the best, 45acp is a hotter round so the webley takes some punishment..i would handload the ammo to 455 specs.