Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

IndyCon

Would it be wrong to say that I loved Indiana Jones and The Emperor?s Tomb it was fun. (y):whip:

I can't wait for this game seriously I need this game today I need it like a drug.

The Tingler

Attila the Professor said:
Is anyone else a bit concerned with how much these locales cover the Emperor's Tomb territory? We've allegedly got China, and we've definitely got the Orient Express, a route which incorporates both Prague and Istanbul. And I swear I remember hearing Prague mentioned from one source about Staff of Kings, but that could be either a mis-memory or a mistake on the part of whoever was reporting that info.

I wouldn't worry just yet - we haven't even got the title officially announced yet, and no one's seen the game. Wait.

Irfaan

The Force Unleashed - Demo Impressions Review

I absolutely loved the demo! At first with all these mediocre reviews around the GT forums I was getting kind of scared, but after playing it I really did feel like a badass Jedi. The demo itself was short and sweet, with a good intro, with the apprentice and Darth Vader to finishing it with a mini boss battle. The only criticism I would give it is that the QTE's are really getting stale, and I use to LOVE QTE's (being a shenmue fan and all) but I will get use to it, eventually.

The Havok, DDM and Euphoria physics are one of the best features of the force unleashed; they really bring the game to life! I can't even imagine how absolutely awesome it will be when your in outside locations! The cut scene shown in the game was simply entertaining (like a movie), the soundtrack is excellent, with Imperial March theme in the background as well as other notable new tracks. The graphics are simply stunning! From the detailed doors, to the reflected tiles to the cloth on the apprentice reacting and the in-game physics, its all new and impressive.

The controls were pretty good, though the camera does take some getting use, but nothing problematic, like mentioned in the OXM review. The combat in this game is very deep, with about 4 buttons dedicated to the combat. Though with all the force powers this game features, it looks like sacrifices were made to the light sabre attacks. It only uses a single button, and its variety came from using combos with the force and lightning powers. Looking at the light sabre attacks on its own, it’s pretty weak (in this demo) though by the looks of it more may be featured in the actual game. BUT, when you look at the combat all together (with the force powers, lightning attacks, air attacks, etc) this game is very deep in combat.

Overall I am very impressed, and I’m not that much of a star wars fan! This game definitely warrants a first day (well, near launch) purchase for me! I can definitely see a lot of effort went into this game, and it could of either been absolutely broken (like Alone in the Dark, unfortunately) or have been absolutely awesome.

This gives me lots of hope on the upcoming Indiana Jones game by lucasarts featuring the same engine and physics as this game does. In fact now i am really looking forward to the Indiana Jones game, because all the improvements, combat and environment will only help improve the lengendary Indiana Jones experience, and he will get a game that he definitely deserves. And i wonder how the physics will shine in the Indiana Jones game, as rumors say the staff of aaron will be playable and you will be able to use similar powers such as the force with it. For now though, i have to stick to Emperors Tomb for any indy fun!

And to simply put it, it was awesome.

May the force be with you ;) Thank you for reading!

Last edited:

Rhys135

Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings has been rated by PEGI for the Nintendo DS and PSP. Source

Had no idea this game was in development for the handhelds. So excited! Also the fact that the games have been rated means that they should be finished so we may see them on the shelves pretty soon!

IndyCon

Hopefully Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings will be released soon because I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Lord_glavin

The Tingler said:
'Tis true. Here's my report on the subject. It most likely, as the rumour went, will come out alongside the KOTCS home video release.

I doubt this, only 2-3 months out and no new footage or announcements whatsoever? This is highly unusual for any game, let alone a licensed game by lucasarts.

Even if it is just the cheaper and handheld versions there would be info out about them by now so the games could begin to hyped up for the video release as well

of course, no announcements sometimes means its utter crap

but I guess that "Clone wars" game for Wii was announced pretty close to launch

The Tingler

The only reason I think it's true is that in terms of marketing it makes sense. And getting a rating means that the game must be complete. They had Lego Indy for the cinema release after all.

The only thing that makes no sense is why it's not been announced yet.

My guess is LucasArts are planning a big re-reveal of the full game sometime soon after The Force Unleashed, where they will show off the full game and say the handheld version will be out very soon.

Finn

Staff member
Or then it's nothing but a handheld/mobile systems game. Those don't usually come with major hype.

Or they've simply planned the announcement in conjuction with the KotCS home entertainment release. I just don't see games of that scale coming out of the blue.

Uki

Hopefully it'll have a major media push! Maybe they're waiting until after TFU hits to kick it up.

The Tingler

That's what I suspect will happen.

Hooray! TheRaider quoted me!

Here's a couple of new points, both of which I posted here.

1. A2M confirmed back in July that they were working on the new Indy game for LucasArts. No one noticed. Unfortunately they also developed the Iron Man game...
2. That PEGI page has been updated... and the PSP version is gone!

I have to say that I am very disappointed in this news. I was expecting this game to be released for all next gen platforms (PS3, XBOX360). I own a 360 and don't have any intentions of getting a PSP or the like.

This actually reminds of way back when they began to advertise Infernal Machine and they said that it would be released for PS. Then suddenly, all news disappeared for a long time and then all of a sudden, they announce the PS version was scrapped.

It just seems like these days, Lucasarts, Lucasfilm, can get nothing right. Case in point...Crystal Skull and the disaster that was.

Dewy9

mindy muffles said:
Case in point...Crystal Skull and the disaster that was.

I'd love to have a disaster like that. lol Just because a lot of internet fanboys "hated" KOTCS, that doesn't mean that a ton of us didn't like it. A lot of us loved the film and had a fun time.

snake_surprise

mindy muffles said:
It just seems like these days, Lucasarts, Lucasfilm, can get nothing right. Case in point...Crystal Skull and the disaster that was.
I could not agree more. Lucas and his 'work' are both train wrecks now, especially compared to what SW and Indy used to be.

If people enjoyed Indy 4, good on them, but no way could someone feasibly tell me that that movie resembles anything Indiana Jones. I just wanted the film to feel like Indy, nothing more, and it came nowhere close. Sorry, getting Harrison Ford to play dress up does not cut it. What an awful, awful movie. Oh well, sorry to vent and get off topic...

DIrishB

mindy muffles said:
I have to say that I am very disappointed in this news. I was expecting this game to be released for all next gen platforms (PS3, XBOX360). I own a 360 and don't have any intentions of getting a PSP or the like.

I'm sure the next gen version is also coming. I'm not sure if it'll be an entirely separate game (different name and storyline) or just the better looking, more expansive console version of the Staff of Kings game which now seems to be confirmed for at least the Nintendo DS and maybe the PSP.

The Tingler

LucasArts are doing the proper, next-gen 360 and PS3 version, A2M are handling the lesser versions. The DS version seems to have been finished first, as LucasArts are taking their sweet time about it.