TheRaider.net
 

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones 5
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-12-2018, 07:42 PM   #551
IndyForever
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: London, England
Posts: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFirebird1
I wanted to talk about this for a little bit before I addressed anything else. First off, most of 2049's footage was filmed in 2016--mind you, only a brief period after the accident--so it's no surprise that anybody, young or old, would still probably be in excruciating pain. But besides that, even on 2049's set, Harrison was functioning perfectly. Hell, according to Ryan Gosling he was doing backflips and other gymnastic moves exquisitely for fun on set, and apparently still packs a punch. So as for physicality, I strenuously disagree with you here.
Do not take what Gosling says as fact he is a known joker with the media! and has a very droll sense of humour.

I get it. Harrison Ford is almost eighty years old. But here's another thing. I really don't care. Especially when it's brought up every two posts. His age does not bother me at all either but he is clearly getting to the very end of a credible Indy portrayal on the big screen. The thing is the people who fund the movie @ Disney do care very much and that is the problem & most likely why Koepps script was dumped late in the day to rework with some major elements which appeal to younger audiences. Koepp is directing his own movie now is why he is probably not involved in the rewrite or new concept.
Time management is against them as well Spielberg is making yet another movie next summer so he is tied up with that for at least 12 months now then will he jump right onto Indy 5 or take another project.

It just seems that Spielberg is not that committed anymore to getting this done. In his mind its no big deal but filming Ford in a credible way is a massive big deal when movie cameras are showing way more detail than ever before (BR2049 UHD made Ford look a LOT older than he looks outside a movie set for instance due to poor set lighting choices) they cannot easily hide physical issues and Harrison does have a limp still its obvious when he walks if you look close enough.

KOTCS was showing Ford's age quite a bit as well (fading voice due to smoking) and that was 11 years ago now. Indy 5 has a lot less chance of ever getting made with Harrison as the time factor is really against them & Disney will without a doubt insist on a much younger sidekick or sidekicks which will further dilute the focus from Harrison into something they can market globally as a blockbuster
IndyForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:48 PM   #552
Z dweller
IndyFan
 
Z dweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The old colonel was right - but he never even got close...
Posts: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Jones
If they could return to something in-line with Raiders then we'd be pitch perfect.
That, my friend, is one tall order.

It would take an absolute miracle to even get in the same g̶a̶l̶a̶x̶y̶ ballpark.

Ain't gonna happen, I'm afraid.
Z dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 08:21 PM   #553
Indy Jones
IndyFan
 
Indy Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z dweller
That, my friend, is one tall order.

It would take an absolute miracle to even get in the same g̶a̶l̶a̶x̶y̶ ballpark.

Ain't gonna happen, I'm afraid.

I mean in terms of tone. Quality is subjective.
Indy Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 08:46 PM   #554
Z dweller
IndyFan
 
Z dweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The old colonel was right - but he never even got close...
Posts: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Jones
I mean in terms of tone. Quality is subjective.
I understand, but it's still impossibly difficult to do, and unlikely that the existing crew would go for it.

Now, if they gave it to Nolan*...



*Yes, I'm looking at you Raiders112390.
Z dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 09:21 PM   #555
TheFirebird1
IndyFan
 
TheFirebird1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Tannhäuser Gate, former resident of Tanis.
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z dweller
We know, but that is completely immaterial.
Then so is your opinion on Ford's age. You've got to be careful with statements like that, or we get back into the whole endless debate cycle again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z dweller
The fact is, Ford's age makes it objectively very difficult to come up with a good story for Indy 5, particularly if they are not willing to do parallel stories.
In all honesty, it really shouldn't, especially in the hands of a competent screenwriter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z dweller
I guess they could play the cynical old Indy angle (think Eastwood in "Gran Torino"), but I can't see Ford/Spielberg or indeed the Mouse execs going for that.
Really, who'd want to watch that movie, apart from a handful of hard core fans?

That is all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z dweller
Oh, and shame on you for quoting Ramsey, I can't stand the arrogant p....k.


In all honesty, I don't mind the guy. He's portraying a character wherever he goes, and making millions from it. More power to him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Jones
Something like a lighter version of Logan? That film still had humor in it but wasn't a comedy.

Actually, I feel like the tone of ROTLA is pretty much right. There were absurd, Saturday-matinee aspects to ROTLA but our characters grounded it. It wasn't as overtly silly as the sequels have been. If they could return to something in-line with Raiders then we'd be pitch perfect.

This is a genuinely fantastic statement. If I could (I swear, I'm not being facetious here), I'd hang it on my wall immediately. Maybe by some stroke of luck Marshall and Kasdan stumble upon this and take notes. This is what Indy 5 should be.
And nothing else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyForever
Do not take what Gosling says as fact he is a known joker with the media! and has a very droll sense of humour.
I understand that Gosling is a very dry, pithy man. But this is a story which has been backed up by many if I remember correctly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyForever
Koepps script was dumped late in the day to rework with some major elements which appeal to younger audiences.
We don't know that at all yet. It's too early to begin making assumptions with this thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyForever
Time management is against them as well Spielberg is making yet another movie next summer so he is tied up with that for at least 12 months now then will he jump right onto Indy 5 or take another project...It just seems that Spielberg is not that committed anymore to getting this done.
In this I can sympathize with you. Time is of the essence, and obviously that time is running out. I don't know what Spielberg's interest in the project is right now, but it would be better if he could pull himself away from things like West Side Story and focus on Indy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z dweller
Now, if they gave it to Nolan*...
That would be fantastic! Imagine Indy on 70mm film and Dunkirk-style surround sound? It would easily sweep the Oscars.
(Alright, I'm being sarcastic here, but Nolan is a good director, no matter what some others at the board may think.)
Quote:
*Yes, I'm looking at you Raiders112390.
Rumor is that if you mention both Nolan and racial diversity in the same sentence you can conjure him up. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Horse
This. As someone who gets called out as an ageist, it has nothing to do with age. For me, the story has to be compelling. And well acted.
My sentiments exactly.
TheFirebird1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 09:41 PM   #556
Z dweller
IndyFan
 
Z dweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The old colonel was right - but he never even got close...
Posts: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFirebird1

That is all.


Jackman was 48 years old when that movie was shot.
Forty-eight.

Only one year older than Ford in Crusade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFirebird1
Rumor is that if you mention both Nolan and racial diversity in the same sentence you can conjure him up. .
You jest, but he hasn't been around in a while...
Are you still with us, dude?
Z dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:06 PM   #557
Indy Jones
IndyFan
 
Indy Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z dweller

Jackman was 48 years old when that movie was shot.
Forty-eight.

Only one year older than Ford in Crusade.

...honestly, I'm so sick of seeing this mentality. Ford's age is (technically) irrelevant to what can (or can't) be featured in the fifth film. In this modern world of CGI, they can technically make Ford look like he's doing anything. Body double with his face on it/full CGI character/puppet him with strings and just CG erase the strings/whatever.

Now should they? Oh God, no. But people claiming "he's too old so Indy can only sit around in the movie" is such a lazy argument.

And also, as I've been elaborating on before... just because it's an Indiana Jones film doesn't mean that they can't construct a satisfying movie that works within the limitations set by Ford's age. Let Indy have a limp, if Ford really does have one. Who cares?

If someone is so particular in the sacredness of their memories that seeing Indy as a old man ruins things for them... just don't see the movie. I love Star Wars, but I have no interest in a show about some random Mandalorian.... so I won't see it. Its existence does not harm me.

I'm all-for discussing an idea's merits, but when absolutely no idea seems good enough for someone (not talking about anyone in particular here, just in general), then why bother joining in the discussion?

Now back to the tone--I would hope that without George involved, they'd be willing to branch out again in terms of style/content. I think it should still feel like an Indiana Jones film. I wouldn't want it to suddenly feel like Inception or anything. But I think you can bend and stretch the conventions of the character/style to get a different feel. Clearly, Ford won't be in another one after 5 (assuming it actually happens), so I think it's necessary to give the film a little bit of a somber feeling, lend it an edge of finality.

The tone of ROTLA is so necessary on this one not only because it would bookend the series in terms of tonality, but also because it's the right canvas to mix-in some melancholy. ROTLA was mostly moody with serious characters and a palpable sense of threat. TOD had vast portions that retained this, but by then we added comedy sidekicks. This is different than ROTLA (and KOTCS too, technically), because comedy with sidekicks is different than "comedy sidekicks." Short Round and Willie generally were used expressly for comedy. Willie's entire character was predicated on it. LC had turned Sallah and Marcus into comedy sidekicks, and Henry Sr. was both A source of humor and used to make Indy sometimes bumbling. The tone of the second and third films are drastically changed by these facts.

KOTCS goes back to having sidekicks that have quirks, but are generally played straight. Where KOTCS veers off from matching the tone from ROTLA is in the situations--because of CG they were usually much broader and thereby more outlandish--whether these were good or bad is up for debate, but it still prevents the original tone from shining through. Don't forget that ROTLA was nominated for Best Picture. Despite the comic book nature of the ideas on screen, it played ominous and moody with a dash of intrigue and suspense without losing a sense of fun.

Lightning in a bottle, boy yes--but I don't get the feeling that they ever actually tried to recapture that exact spirit. For Indy 5 to fly, I think it's time they zeroed in on that target one last time.

Last edited by Indy Jones : 10-12-2018 at 10:16 PM.
Indy Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:45 PM   #558
Z dweller
IndyFan
 
Z dweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The old colonel was right - but he never even got close...
Posts: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Jones
...honestly, I'm so sick of seeing this mentality. Ford's age is (technically) irrelevant to what can (or can't) be featured in the fifth film.
Really?

So, would you be open minded towards further Indy movies with Ford in his 80s and 90s, provided Disney/Spielberg/Ford were willing to make them?

Is there an age limit at all? 100 still good for you, potentially?

After all, according to you it's technically irrelevant.
Z dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:59 PM   #559
Indy Jones
IndyFan
 
Indy Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z dweller
Really?

So, would you be open minded towards further Indy movies with Ford in his 80s and 90s, provided Disney/Spielberg/Ford were willing to make them?

Is there an age limit at all? 100 still good for you, potentially?

After all, according to you it's technically irrelevant.

Yeah, you're being a smart ass, but provided there was an interesting story... Yes.

And I said technically irrelevent. Read the rest of my post to find out why.
Indy Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 11:07 PM   #560
Z dweller
IndyFan
 
Z dweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The old colonel was right - but he never even got close...
Posts: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Jones
Yeah, you're being a smart ass, but provided there was an interesting story... Yes.

And I said technically irrelevent. Read the rest of my post to find out why.
Touch a nerve, did I?

You couldn't have replied differently - or else your logic falls apart, and you know it.

You would be happy to watch an Indiana Jones movie with a 100 year old Harrison Ford - provided it were good.
Ok, sure, dude...

I rest my case.
Z dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 11:22 PM   #561
Indy Jones
IndyFan
 
Indy Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z dweller
Touch a nerve, did I?

You couldn't have replied differently - or else your logic falls apart, and you know it.

You would be happy to watch an Indiana Jones movie with a 100 year old Harrison Ford - provided it were good.
Ok, sure, dude...

I rest my case.

You're being condescending, and you know it. Just responding in kind.

Am I saying they should? Of course they shouldn't (read that again). But you yourself are saying "if it was good." If it was good wouldn't everyone like it, by that logic?

This is all irrelevent to my point anyway. I was only making the point that with special effects, they can make Ford do anything. You didn't seem to grasp that part and instead latched onto a statement without understanding it just to pick an argument.

Ford's age technically (meaning on a technical level [ technical, meaning in terms of what can be created on screen]) doesn't dictate what can happen in the movie. (read that again). That was what I was saying.

I like the character so I would give it a watch no matter what. A movie with 100 year old Indy riding dinosaurs through space would become a crap classic for me. I don't know, I guess I just don't get my panties in a twist about movies. Movies are entertainment at worst and art at best.

Now we can get back to a real discussion or you can make the topic about how a differing viewpoint is worth mocking again. Choose wisely.

Last edited by Indy Jones : 10-12-2018 at 11:35 PM.
Indy Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 11:38 PM   #562
Z dweller
IndyFan
 
Z dweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The old colonel was right - but he never even got close...
Posts: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Jones
I was only making the point that with special effects, they can make Ford do anything. You didn't seem to grasp that part and instead latched onto a statement without unerstanding it just to pick an argument.
Wrong again.
I understand what you are saying, I just disagree that it would work.

Sure, they can CGI the hell out of anything these days.
Technically (a word you seem to be particularly fond of), they don't even need Ford anymore.
Just give Indy the Rachael treatment in BR 2049 and they could still be making movies even after Ford is long gone.

But that's not what Indiana Jones movies are about - certainly not what Lucas had in mind when he pitched the idea to Spielberg.
"Quick and dirty", remember?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Jones
Now we can get back to a real discussion or you can make the topic about how a differing viewpoint is worth mocking again.
Get off your (CGI) high horse, pal.

I'm not mocking you, just pointing pointing out why I disagree with your view. Don't try to play the victim, just deal with it.

Night night now.
Z dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 11:49 PM   #563
Indy Jones
IndyFan
 
Indy Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z dweller
Wrong again.
I understand what you are saying, I just disagree that it would work.

Sure, they can CGI the hell out of anything these days.
Technically (a word you seem to be particularly fond of), they don't even need Ford anymore.
Just give Indy the Rachael treatment in BR 2049 and they could still be making movies even after Ford is long gone.

But that's not what Indiana Jones movies are about - certainly not what Lucas had in mind when he pitched the idea to Spielberg.
"Quick and dirty", remember?

Get off your (CGI) high horse, pal.

I'm not mocking you, just pointing pointing out why I disagree with your view. Don't try to play the victim, just deal with it.

Night night now.

...and if you had actually read my whole post you'd understand that I'm not advocating for CGI Harrison flip-kicking around (although that would be damn hilarious). Just because I mention something CAN be done doesn't mean I approve or that it would be good.

I'm just tired of people's arguments amounting to "Ford is so old that Indy should only sit on a couch for the whole movie." It's a cheap argument.

In spite of what you want to think, nobody's playing victim here, I'm just baffled. I just have to keep clarifying my (already quite clear) point because you seem to actually have a reading comprehension problem. I ain't trying to throw shade. You just didn't understand what I was saying at all. I made my point quite clear, you only half-read what I said, started trying to condescend to me over it, and ignored all of the other things I had to say in my post.

I made a passing observation and it turned into this. This is why I hardly post, haha

Last edited by Indy Jones : 10-13-2018 at 12:07 AM.
Indy Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 07:29 AM   #564
Z dweller
IndyFan
 
Z dweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The old colonel was right - but he never even got close...
Posts: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Jones
I'm just tired of people's arguments amounting to "Ford is so old that Indy should only sit on a couch for the whole movie." It's a cheap argument.
I never said that.
I just want a new, younger actor to take over the role, period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Jones
I just have to keep clarifying my (already quite clear) point because you seem to actually have a reading comprehension problem.
You only half-read what I said, started trying to condescend to me over it, and ignored all of the other things I had to say in my post.
LOL, you are just projecting now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Jones
This is why I hardly post, haha
At this stage I'm inclined to say: keep it that way.
Z dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 07:31 AM   #565
TheFirebird1
IndyFan
 
TheFirebird1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Tannhäuser Gate, former resident of Tanis.
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z dweller


Jackman was 48 years old when that movie was shot.
Forty-eight.

Only one year older than Ford in Crusade.


Like I've repeated countless times before, that's not a factor in what we're discussing here. Your original statement dealt with the film's tone. That's what we should be discussing here. And if a film as dark and grounded as Logan could attract a very wide audience, then there's no saying that same formula couldn't work for another film. Granted, it doesn't have to be as depressing as Logan was, but that same sort of character study would fit Indy, in my humble opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z dweller
You jest, but he hasn't been around in a while...
Are you still with us, dude?

Will our brave windmill-tilter ever return to us again?
I hope so, for I believe he may have much to discuss.

Last edited by TheFirebird1 : 10-13-2018 at 07:40 AM.
TheFirebird1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 10:16 AM   #566
Z dweller
IndyFan
 
Z dweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The old colonel was right - but he never even got close...
Posts: 598
R
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFirebird1
Like I've repeated countless times before, that's not a factor in what we're discussing here. Your original statement dealt with the film's tone. That's what we should be discussing here. And if a film as dark and grounded as Logan could attract a very wide audience, then there's no saying that same formula couldn't work for another film.
Denying that Ford's age is a factor and stating that it shouldn't be considered when discussing the film's tone is a logical fallacy, IMO.

But fine, let's drop the subject for now.
Irreconciliable differences and all that.

I submit that none in the current crew is remotely interested in making a movie along the lines of Logan, and Disney would never go for it anyway.

We could pour rivers of ink discussing whether or not such a movie would be commercially successful, but it doesn't seem to make much point in view of the above.

Last edited by Z dweller : 10-13-2018 at 10:23 AM.
Z dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 10:34 AM   #567
Finn
Moderator
 
Finn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,959
Exclamation Moderator note

The next one who decides to communicate mainly through meme pictures and animated GIFs instead of plain text gets a week-long "vacation" from the boards.

Whether I'm being serious or not depends on how quickly my head stops hurting after enduring through that farkin' clip show.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 01:40 PM   #568
TheFirebird1
IndyFan
 
TheFirebird1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Tannhäuser Gate, former resident of Tanis.
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z dweller
Denying that Ford's age is a factor and stating that it shouldn't be considered when discussing the film's tone is a logical fallacy, IMO.
I'm not saying that time management and age don't play factors in this. But it was completely immaterial to what we were discussing (a potential story direction for Indy 5). We can talk about his age, but that'll just lead into another never-ending merry-go-round where both sides make fairly sensible points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z dweller
But fine, let's drop the subject for now.
Irreconciliable differences and all that.
Sounds good to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z dweller
I submit that none in the current crew is remotely interested in making a movie along the lines of Logan, and Disney would never go for it anyway.

We could pour rivers of ink discussing whether or not such a movie would be commercially successful, but it doesn't seem to make much point in view of the above.
I get what you're saying. But with a new screenwriter (Jon Kasdan), the movie seems to have a bit of a wildcard to me. What I enjoyed about Logan was that it adequately captured the spirit of a character who was going through the sunset of his life, and I think that formula it used would probably be one of the most feasible ways to capture Indy's character, even with alternating storylines.
But until we get any solid update, it's to each his own. I respect what you're saying, but I think that an Indy 5 with Harrison could still work quite adequately at this point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
The next one who decides to communicate mainly through meme pictures and animated GIFs instead of plain text gets a week-long "vacation" from the boards.

Whether I'm being serious or not depends on how quickly my head stops hurting after enduring through that farkin' clip show.
*Strenuously resists urge to post humorous GIFs*
In all honesty, though, mea maxima culpa. Sensory overload isn't the nicest thing to experience, and I'm sorry about that.
TheFirebird1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 07:07 PM   #569
StwongBwidge
IndyFan
 
StwongBwidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Buenos Aires
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Jones
...honestly, I'm so sick of seeing this mentality. Ford's age is (technically) irrelevant to what can (or can't) be featured in the fifth film. In this modern world of CGI, they can technically make Ford look like he's doing anything. Body double with his face on it/full CGI character/puppet him with strings and just CG erase the strings/whatever.

Now should they? Oh God, no. But people claiming "he's too old so Indy can only sit around in the movie" is such a lazy argument.

And also, as I've been elaborating on before... just because it's an Indiana Jones film doesn't mean that they can't construct a satisfying movie that works within the limitations set by Ford's age. Let Indy have a limp, if Ford really does have one. Who cares?

If someone is so particular in the sacredness of their memories that seeing Indy as a old man ruins things for them... just don't see the movie. I love Star Wars, but I have no interest in a show about some random Mandalorian.... so I won't see it. Its existence does not harm me.

I'm all-for discussing an idea's merits, but when absolutely no idea seems good enough for someone (not talking about anyone in particular here, just in general), then why bother joining in the discussion?

Now back to the tone--I would hope that without George involved, they'd be willing to branch out again in terms of style/content. I think it should still feel like an Indiana Jones film. I wouldn't want it to suddenly feel like Inception or anything. But I think you can bend and stretch the conventions of the character/style to get a different feel. Clearly, Ford won't be in another one after 5 (assuming it actually happens), so I think it's necessary to give the film a little bit of a somber feeling, lend it an edge of finality.

The tone of ROTLA is so necessary on this one not only because it would bookend the series in terms of tonality, but also because it's the right canvas to mix-in some melancholy. ROTLA was mostly moody with serious characters and a palpable sense of threat. TOD had vast portions that retained this, but by then we added comedy sidekicks. This is different than ROTLA (and KOTCS too, technically), because comedy with sidekicks is different than "comedy sidekicks." Short Round and Willie generally were used expressly for comedy. Willie's entire character was predicated on it. LC had turned Sallah and Marcus into comedy sidekicks, and Henry Sr. was both A source of humor and used to make Indy sometimes bumbling. The tone of the second and third films are drastically changed by these facts.

KOTCS goes back to having sidekicks that have quirks, but are generally played straight. Where KOTCS veers off from matching the tone from ROTLA is in the situations--because of CG they were usually much broader and thereby more outlandish--whether these were good or bad is up for debate, but it still prevents the original tone from shining through. Don't forget that ROTLA was nominated for Best Picture. Despite the comic book nature of the ideas on screen, it played ominous and moody with a dash of intrigue and suspense without losing a sense of fun.

Lightning in a bottle, boy yes--but I don't get the feeling that they ever actually tried to recapture that exact spirit. For Indy 5 to fly, I think it's time they zeroed in on that target one last time.

One of the best posts on this area in the last decade. You've got a real flair for this kind of writing. Explore it outside if these forums is all I would say. But back to the Indyverse, I totally agree with your points. And don't let the trolls get you down!
StwongBwidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 09:19 AM   #570
Z dweller
IndyFan
 
Z dweller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The old colonel was right - but he never even got close...
Posts: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by StwongBwidge
don't let the trolls get you down!
So, anyone who disagrees with your views is a troll?

Congrats! You just won the Raven's Ford Fetishist of the Day Award!
Great effort, dude...
Z dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 10:30 AM   #571
Pale Horse
Moderator
 
Pale Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: L.A.
Posts: 6,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z dweller
True, but you get my meaning.

Unless you just morphed into The Eternally Hopeful Horsie™ , which would surprise me no end.

Ironsides would have been my go to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Jones
If they could return to something in-line with Raiders then we'd be pitch perfect.

Indiana Jones and the Return of the Lost Ark. New scholarly evidence reveals that the Ark was to remain in Tanis and as the world exponentially spirals toward Armageddon in the 60s, Indy has to find the warehouse, steal the Ark and bury it without anyone knowing. It's a last job heist thriller set against the tumultuous 60s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z dweller
I understand, but it's still impossibly difficult to do, and unlikely that the existing crew would go for it.

Now, if they gave it to Nolan*...



*Yes, I'm looking at you Raiders112390.

Boom...did it

That said

Everbody take a Fonzy attitude and be cool....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn

Whether I'm being serious or not depends on how quickly my head stops hurting after enduring through that farkin' clip show.

Me too?

Last edited by Pale Horse : 10-14-2018 at 10:46 AM.
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 AM.