Star Wars: The Clone Wars

DocWhiskey

I seen the 1st 2 episodes and I really didn't like it. It was kind of slow moving. Because of that I'm guessing kids won't have the patience for it. But I'll watch a few more episodes and give it a chance. But so far:(n)

TheMutt92

Just caught the first two episodes online. Now I can't wait for the movie and rest of the season! The second episode was a big treat for me (mostly because I love Plo Koon and Clone troopers, making it a super treat!)

00Kevin

Indyfan
i actually saw this film the day it came out and i really enjoyed it, i think people expected too much whereas i simply went as a star wars fan who just wanted to be entertained. i need to check out the tv show but i don't have cable :( being a poor college student sucks. mabey tv links or something like that will have the episodes on the web?

TheMutt92

00Kevin said:
i actually saw this film the day it came out and i really enjoyed it, i think people expected too much whereas i simply went as a star wars fan who just wanted to be entertained. i need to check out the tv show but i don't have cable :( being a poor college student sucks. mabey tv links or something like that will have the episodes on the web?

Starwars.com has the episodes so far.

YouNeverKnow

I have watched these online and I must say I'm thoroughly impressed. This show so far is worlds better than the theatrical debut. And it must be, because I absolutely HATED the movie when I saw it, but now I find myself anticipating new episodes. I give props to whoever turned the quality of this series around.

Seriously, everything's great. Yoda's characterization (including musical cue) was sooo ESB and I loved it. Ahsoka is not annoying anymore, and her storyline with Anakin is actually blossoming into something important for each of them. They brought Y-wings back, the "old war staple", affirming the title. They've even lightened up on the battle droid stupidity after the first episode. I'm definitely having fun.

AndyLGR

I caught the first 2 episdoes when they premiered last night on UK tv. I was very impressed by both of them. I found them to be enjoyable and I think the fact each is only 20+ minutes long then it helps that they can rattle the story along.

I thought Yoda and Grievous were particularly good.

I really like the way they are going with this.

Although based on the fact that the first episodes are standalone stories, I wonder if thats how the whole series will be?

TheMutt92

AndyLGR said:
Although based on the fact that the first episodes are standalone stories, I wonder if thats how the whole series will be?

No. In fact, the second episode is part of a 3 or 4 part 'arc'.

sandiegojones

Each episode gets better and better. Episodes 3-5 are one story and the new episode is very much like the OT SW. These are better than TPM or ATOC.

CasualJeff

This past weekend's all-clones episode was amazing. I'm surprised with some of the stuff they are allowed to get away with, considering it's airing on Cartoon Network.

The three-part Malevolence arc was fun. I'm surprised they didn't use it for the theatrical release, rather than the baby Hutt storyline.

I can honestly say that the Y-wing battle is better than any of the space battles featured in the prequel trilogy. As close to the original trilogy's space battles as anything else I've ever seen.

Lance Quazar

"Destroy Malevolence" was the best of the bunch so far.

And, yeah, that arc was MUCH better than the awful Hutt story in the film.

Why they released that one theatrically is a mystery...

YouNeverKnow

Loving this show! I really really can't believe the turnaround from the crapfest that was the theatrical release. And I totally agree with it being on the whole more enjoyable than the prequels.

sandiegojones

Lance Quazar said:
"Destroy Malevolence" was the best of the bunch so far.

And, yeah, that arc was MUCH better than the awful Hutt story in the film.

Why they released that one theatrically is a mystery...
They started the show and then were asked to make it a feature so they were stuck with what they had. I think they tried to make it easy to follow for kids so they could ease into this clone wars world and style. Plus, if it had been presented on TV as 3 episodes broken up the hutt thing wouldn't have seemed to dominate the story. THere are some cool battles in the movie. Like Teth and the Anakin vs Dooku fight.

QBComics

The new episode that aired tonight, "Gungan General," had a special apperance by everyones favorite artifact: The Staff of Ra!

I guess we know what happened to it now: Buried along side a dead senator. Unfortunatley, it was last touched by him.

Binks...

CasualJeff

Seeing the Staff of Ra was pretty cool. Nice touch by the animators.

...also, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I thought the episode was awesome. The whole Jar Jar plot sounded like a recipe for disaster, but I thought he was pretty well written. This episode is getting a lot of hate on other forums, and I just don't get it. It was better than the first Jar Jar episode for sure, and it's probably one of my favorites aired so far.

indyclone25

i just saw the repeat of the show this morning and i did enjoy it ---- to bad a. best didn't voice jar jar --- maybe we will see the ark of the covenant in a future episode ---lol