Which Indy film is the best?

Out of all the films, which one is definitively the best?

• Total voters
1 - Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
2 - Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
3 - Raiders of the Lost Ark
4 - Indiana Jones IV: the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

The only problem is that the last one is FAR WORSE than the first three... :(
I'm sooo sad...

deckard24

1. Raiders of the Lost Ark (without a doubt!!)
2. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
3. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

4. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
(I'm still unsure of how I feel about this film. It's gonna need to be rewatched several times for me to give my ultimate assessment. But like I said earlier, I did'nt walk out of the theater absolutely loving it, just indifferent. That's exactly how I felt with The Phantom Menace. Hopefully my feelings will change!)

NamedAfterDaDog

Gustav said:
I 'm in concurrence.

Same here. The CGI, for the most part, was needed where it was needed, but unfortunately it wasn't that discreet. (I think I worded that right...;) )

For me:

1. Last Crusade
2. Raiders of the Lost Ark/Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
3. Temple of Doom (but it is still so close to being tied with RotLA and KotCS)

FETT1

...THAT'S EASY ...now that I saw SKULL!
1.CRUSADE
2.RAIDER'S
3.SKULL
4.TEMPLE

...that's all folks!....

FETT1:whip:

Temple Instant satisfaction
Raiders Instant satisfaction
Crusade Instant satisfaction
Kingdom Didn't get instant satisfaction. Second viewing required...

lucy

Nurhachi1991 said:
Oh WTF has hapened to this world..............

But the more I lay here and think about it KOTCS was a great movie and I really did enjoy it! Just had to let my inner fanboy vent out for a little bit.

KOTCS didnt have a musical opener, it didnt have a completely and utterly useless female role who did nothing but scream and complain about broken fingernails. KOTCS has better action (ok so TOD has a better chase scene) and better effects.

Ahh sure its all subjective though I suppose. Im just happy that I didnt leave the cinema crying lol

Benraianajones

lucy said:
KOTCS didnt have a musical opener, it didnt have a completely and utterly useless female role who did nothing but scream and complain about broken fingernails. KOTCS has better action (ok so TOD has a better chase scene) and better effects.

Ahh sure its all subjective though I suppose. Im just happy that I didnt leave the cinema crying lol

You mean you didn't like it Lucy, when a certain female exclaimed that she'd burnt her fingers and "cracked a nail!"

I haven't seen Crystal Skull yet, but it is reassuring to see some people positing it in 3rd or even 2nd place.

lucy

Benraianajones said:
You mean you didn't like it Lucy, when a certain female exclaimed that she'd burnt her fingers and "cracked a nail!"

I haven't seen Crystal Skull yet, but it is reassuring to see some people positing it in 3rd or even 2nd place.

It was just such a hugh change from firey hard core marion to an all singing all dancing useless moaner lol
ben I really hope you like it! IMHO its better than TOD.
so offically its
1)Raiders
2)Crusade
3)Skull
4)doom

G-Man

deckard24 said:
1. Raiders of the Lost Ark (without a doubt!!)
2. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
3. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

4. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
(I'm still unsure of how I feel about this film. It's gonna need to be rewatched several times for me to give my ultimate assessment. But like I said earlier, I did'nt walk out of the theater absolutely loving it, just indifferent. That's exactly how I felt with The Phantom Menace. Hopefully my feelings will change!)
I'm feeling the same, whilst I don't think it's anyway near as bad as Phantom Menace, I have the same feeling of wanting to like it that I had with Phantom Menace, but I'm not sure.

Benraianajones

Thanks Lucy!

Sorry to get a bit off topic: Strange people keep saying "Phantom Menace" is a bad way...to be honest, I dislike the SW prequels, but I thought Phantom Menace was the one that felt the most Star Wars like of them all. Excluding Jar Jar (and the race). I liked Qui Gon Jinn (the best thing out of the prequels, despite the plothole he creates). I think the fact a lot of time on Tatooine is spent, makes me like it most. The other 2...I'd rather totally forget...

JerryKing

The chronological order and the quality order are one and the same, with a considerable gap between "Temple" and "Crusade" (although the gap would have been smaller without the horror of the "Teendy" opening). Then there is another gap, and another, and still another, and more... and then, down there, lies the "Skull".

Last edited:

jaimanstone

Dust McAlan said:
My vote went to Temple of Doom, and this is my semi-definitive order:

Temple of Doom
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Last Crusade

I must call shenanigans on you my friend. Last Crusade LAST? While it is truly a matter of opinion I would have to say LC deserves a loftier place than dead last. I would argue that LC has the most heart of any of the films and shows the most human side of Indy. While I think all have their merits, if a gun were placed to my head I would rate as follows:

Raiders
LC
Temple/Kingdom

Disclaimer on Kingdom: not sure yet. I need to see it again before I pass final judgement.

IAdventurer01

I'm voting for which one I think is best - Raiders of the Lost Ark, hands down.

The other one's have they're merits. Heck, LC is my favorite of the bunch as of right now. Raiders somehow is just right. The others are fun but beyond being a thoroughly enjoyable film, I feel that Raiders also has deep artistic value, something the more recent ones - especially KotCS - lacked.

Insomniac

Kotcs up to the ending I thought it was pure gold. The ending very different but it was 2:00 in the morning so indy not using his revolver was pretty wierd!!!;)