Terminator vs Robocop

indifan101

So here's the ultimate judgement day matchup, ROBOCOP VS Terminator! In your opinion who's the winner in this heavy metal matchup? I gotta go with the Detroit Police Department's best on the street! Robocop wins(y)
Dead or alive your coming with me

The Drifter

Throw in the Urkel Bot, and we have blockbuster movie status!
10qb24y.jpg

Supernatural

At one time they were both owned by MGM, but that time has passed.
They considered it at one point but then decided...

get this...

audiences wouldn't have been interested.

Hollywood is just stupid.

Montana Smith

Since Paul Verhoeven intended Robocop to be Jesus with a gun*, that would probably make the Terminator Satan. So, yes, a match made in Hell!

* Flesh & Steel: The Making of Robocop (Robocop Special Edition DVD)

Murphy, brutally murdered, is resurrected to continue his good work of dealing justice to evil-doers. Lewis kneeling over Murphy's wrecked body was intended to represent Mary Magdalene mourning the body of Jesus.

I kid you not!

Dr. Gonzo

Montana Smith said:
Since Paul Verhoeven intended Robocop to be Jesus with a gun*, that would probably make the Terminator Satan. So, yes, a match made in Hell!

* Flesh & Steel: The Making of Robocop (Robocop Special Edition DVD)

Murphy, brutally murdered, is resurrected to continue his good work of dealing justice to evil-doers. Lewis kneeling over Murphy's wrecked body was intended to represent Mary Magdalene mourning the body of Jesus.

I kid you not!
Yup. There's are a lot of these intentional symbolic references in films, more than people imagine. Even in shoot 'em up feel good popcorn films like Robocop. Even in lesser films.

Montana Smith

Watching Robocop 2 I was struck by this image...of Robocop gone to hell:

robocop-2-image-2_480x480.jpg

Lab Tech: "He's in hell."

And this later similarity:

The_Sarah_Connor_Chronicles_poster.jpg

Last edited:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Supernatural said:
At one time they were both owned by MGM
Robocop and Orion Pictures rebooted last year... If Terminator 5 loses enough money, maybe they could get it back?