Automata

Joe Brody

I've said before that we have to put the Bladerunner pipe down sometime. Could this be the replacement?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zHg8lKk3vJo?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jsarino

It reminded me more of I, Robot than Blade Runner (or maybe a combination of the two), but call me intrigued.

Z dweller

Intriguing indeed...

I like the dark atmosphere and Banderas in his Deckard-like role, although it's going to be hard to even get close to BR with a robot instead of Rachael and without Vangelis' amazing soundtrack ;)

Joe Brody

jsarino said:
It reminded me more of I, Robot than Blade Runner (or maybe a combination of the two), but call me intrigued.

Sure, absolutely with respect to the story and the robots. I was talking about the depiction of the future: bright and dirty (like Elysium & District 9) as opposed to Bladerunner's dark and wet.

Z dweller said:
. . . .and without Vangelis' amazing soundtrack ;)

Agreed. Incredible atmosphere-ics.

roundshort

I am sorry but this movie was pretty horrible. dry drab predictable not very fun at all. Antonio was very good though

Z dweller

I caught this on Netflix, and what a letdown it was!

The plot is all over the place, and the visual references to BR so blatant it's embarrassing. (n)