Holy Grail in your Lego collection.

Joosse

I just got my hands on something sweet, and I will post pictures of it as soon as it arrives.

But until then, I am sure quite a few of us here have Indiana Jones Lego collections. So I was wondering what you consider to be the Holy Grail of your collection?

Come on, you know you want to dazzle us... ;)

Joosse

JasonMa

I'm a huge LEGO collector but unfortunately the Indy sets fell at a time when my funds weren't available so I only got the Wells of souls and Motorcycle Chase sets. So if anyone is interested in trading/selling some other sets, let me know. :D

The Holy Grail of my greater LEGO collection though is having every Castle set released in the U.S. in the 1980's. There are a couple of Europe-only sets I'm still tracking down to be fully complete with the original LEGOLAND Castle run.

Crack that whip

I have a few LEGO Indy holy grails - everything I don't have (i.e., the rarities - the 2008 SDCC exclusive, the 2009 ToyFare exclusive, and the promo minifigure(s) given to members of the development teams of the LEGO Indy videogames).

Bizarrely, even incredibly (given my extremely limited means at the time), I managed to not only get all of the sixteen boxed retail sets (plus the Brickmaster set, all the keychains, the second magnet set, and the Nintendo DS cases, plus versions of the videogames if we might count those here), but I actually managed to get duplicates of nearly everything - set 7623 Temple Escape is the only boxed retail set I have only one copy of. I managed to get anywhere from two to ten copies apiece of every other set in the line.

I still wish I'd gotten even more, for additional parts and army-building purposes; I also would like to be able to have kept at least one copy of the packaging for each set, but I no longer have the boxes for my single copy of Temple Escape or my two copies of Jungle Duel (I lived in a tiny studio apartment and was forced to get rid of the ones I had while cleaning up, and had hoped to get more of each later, but never did). The others aren't a problem, though, as I still have at least one still-unopened copy of each of the other fourteen regular sets, and I have a lot more space now so I can hang on to packaging and such.

Here's a quick pic of most of my unopened stuff, with a wee glimpse of some of the rest of my LEGO collection (LEGO in general is another of my obsessions; I was beside myself when LEGO Indiana Jones was announced); apologies for my photographic non-skills:

image_8.jpg

Not visible here (because for the most part they're less accessible at the moment) are a case of four more copies of 7622 Race For the Stolen Treasure, the second (all Crystal Skull-themed) magnet set, two copies of the Indy minifigure keychain and one of each of the other five keychains, two Nintendo DS cases, and all the sets I've opened and assembled already:

7195 Ambush in Cairo (x4)
7196 Chauchilla Cemetery Battle (x2)
7197 Venice Canal Chase
7199 The Temple of Doom
7620 Indiana Jones Motorcycle Chase
7621 Indiana Jones and the Lost Tomb
7622 Race For the Stolen Treasure (x2)
7623 Temple Escape
7624 Jungle Duel (x2)
7625 River Chase
7626 Jungle Cutter
7628 Peril in Peru
7682 Shanghai Chase
20004 Indy's Jungle Cruiser (Brickmaster)

I'm kind of astonished at myself for not already having put together at least one of everything yet, but of course I was still in my eensy apartment with no space when these were coming out, and now I have plenty of room but I'm still setting up a dedicated building / display area for LEGO, so a lot of my actual LEGO building plans (both official sets and my own creations) are on hold until I can get the place organized, dedicated tables / desks set up, etc. I might not wait much longer, though; I'm starting to get antsy.

Anyway... the #1 thing I want that I don't have is either the SDCC set or the Indiana Jones / Han Solo piece from ToyFare. Oh, and I'd also like some (all) of the store displays, but I'm probably getting carried away.

TheFedora

The only Indy Lego I have sadly is the Indy Temple escape, currently sitting constructed on my chest of drawers for the past few years. I think it was bought as a gift, and I am glad I did not turn it down, because now looking back it is one very awesome set. Have not been able to find any other sets though.

Had a ton of LEGO sets when I was younger, however sadly most of them I have lost the instructions or disassembled years ago. At one point I had a LEGO Hogwarts castle, although now sadly disassembled into component pieces and jumbled up with other sets. Also instruction lost for that.

Joosse

Well, it's finally here. I am super psyched about being able to get my hands on this:

IFzwE00.jpg

It's a rare TT Games Brick that was handed out to people involved in making the Lego games. This one in particular for Indiana Jones, the original adventures.

As most of you probably know, these are super rare as only a few of them were ever made.

JasonMa, cool stuff man. Would love to see some pics of them.

Crack that whip, you have a mighty collection indeed. I'm very impressed.

TheFedora, I was late to it too. Catching up now....

TheFedora

It always boggles my mind that a single minifigure can be so rare. Then again I have not really got as many lego sets as other people.

Crack that whip

Joosse said:
Crack that whip, you have a mighty collection indeed. I'm very impressed.

Thanks! But I'm quite impressed with your own recent acquisition there - note that very thing is on my "Holy Grail" list! (y)

I've seen pics of those TT minifigures before, but for some reason I hadn't previously noticed the torso (perhaps the others I've seen use a different one?). That's a different torso from the ones used on any of the Indy minifigures in the sets.

JasonMa

Just completed a deal to add a mostly complete Temple Escape to my collection. Missing about 20 pieces but it sounds like the only major missing piece is Belloq, and they're throwing in the Ambush in Cairo Marion to make up for it. Hopefully I can replace the other missing pieces with what's in my collection and then go to Bricklink or Brickowl to buy a Belloq.

Now I need to track down a Temple of Doom and a Shanghai Chase, maybe a Venice Canal Chase to all the sets I really want.

:whip: