Indy 4 Lovers Thread

Avilos

Howdy fellow Crystal Skull lovers!

Lets starting talking about how Indiana Jones saw a Flying Saucer. The haters will run away in contempt! LOL! (y)

|ZiR|

I love KotCS, though what I also love is the diversity of opinions it has sparked here at the Raven.

I love that this isn't your typical blithering fanboy place that eats up all new content without question. A lot of the haters complaints are valid and well thought out; and not only that, but a few point out things I hadn't been aware of.

Not that any of it changes MY opinion of the film. I still love it. But it is refreshing to see negative criticism that isn't simply "Indy 4 sucks lololol" type trolling.

Kernunnos

I love the film for all its faults.

The Doomtown sequence is right up there with any classic Indy sequence you care to name and I feel sorry for those who can't appreciate the alien and the flying saucer at the end.

Melesse

yay Indy4!! about time!! i didnt think that I would like it or like Shia LaBueaf in it, but I liked most of it. and it was the first role that Shia LaBueaf had that I didnt hate his acting.

A_True_Believer

The ending was a little weak for me, not because of the sci-fi twist but because Indy doesn't really do a whole lot and the final scenes didn't grip me like the climaxes of TOD or LC.

But wait, you say, this is an Indy 4 LOVERS thread! Yes, I know. :)

Besides the ending, I think this movie is the most fun out of the entire series. I've seen it six times so far, and each time it makes me happy straight through to the end. At first I thought it didn't flow too well, but I take that back. I think the film as a whole is better than LC.

James

A_True_Believer said:
Besides the ending, I think this movie is the most fun out of the entire series.

It definitely has a good flow to it, and almost feels like a 1950s comicbook. I'd love to hear Lucas and Spielberg comment on which specific B movies inspired it. (Someone suggested this should be included on the dvd in a separate thread.)

To me, the film is like "Tarzan Triumphs" meets "Earth vs. The Flying Saucers". You have all the key ingredients of a great 50s flick: Desert army bases, government paranoia, giant insects, mind control, commies, a lost city, aliens, etc.

Young Indy

Seen it 6 times and I love it. Also reading the novel between viewings. One of the best experiences I have had at the theater. So much fun to watch!

Shortie

I loved this movie, thought the skeletons turning into one alien was gay. I think they should of left them dead.
I also didn't like the monkeys or kids racing but that's it.

"GET DAT GWEASAH!"

Forbidden Eye

I'd go as far as to say it's my 2nd favorite of the quadrilogy:)p ).

I think it's clearly better than TOD, while I've always like The Last Crusade, this was a little better as it was more original as LC feels like Raiders Part II.

KOTCS would literally had to have been the greatest movie ever made if it wanted to top Raiders, which of course, is an unfair expectation of any movie.

It also has a special place in my heart as it's the first time I have seen an Indy movie at the cinema(or have even seen Harrison Ford on the big screen for that matter). Might very well be the best theatre going experience of my life.

Sharlow

Hi All

I'm a newbie here, and I've been reading your great board for the last week.

I went to see KOTCS on Thursday with my husband, and we both really enjoyed it. I loved it so much I'm going to watch it again tomorrow on my own and will most likely go again with my mum, who's a huge Indy fan from way back.

I've gotta say I agree with a lot of the arguments presented on this board as to the depth of the story etc, but I go to the movies and watch them at home for entertainment value, and this one certainly delivered that in spades. I loved the sword fight/truck chase part thru the forrest, I laughed myself silly in a couple of places and the romantic in me sighed at the end when he got hitched.

All in all it touched all the bases, and I was very pleased to see that Harrison Ford is still as gorgeous as ever in that hat and jacket, and that the past 20 years haven't impacted on him quite as badly as I thought they might.

Jo

tambourineman

Count me in. Just saw it, loved it. Really made me feel like a child again. They dont make movies like this anymore, just a really fun adventure film with one great scene after another. The warehouse escape, the nuke, the 50's cafe and greaser fight, the motorbike chase, the quicksand, the jungle chase, the waterfalls, the ants, the temple, the UFO, I loved it all!

I also think Indy's reaction to seeing Marion for the first time was priceless, one of the all time funniest Indy moments :)

Turtle

Have to join in here, loved the movie. It just worked for me I guess. To me, it doesn't matter how out there the Indy films go, as long as the character of Indy remains true, which in my opinion he did. As long as the core remains true, nothing can be that bad. Seeing it again tomorrow.

Agent Z

Some days I like this film...some days I don't.

Some parts of the film I love insanely...some parts make me feel like a jilted lover.