Indy 4 Lovers Thread

Indy Croft

Finn said:
I thought the whole point of MAD Magazine is to ridicule everything it can. If it was afraid to laugh at things because some people thing they're a Holy Cow, it wouldn't exist. Besides, it's printed a spoof of every previous Indy film also and honestly, I haven't yet met a person who would say that those films suck because MAD makes fun of them. Bottom line, those who like the film, will keep on liking it, and those who don't... well, just have to convert sometime later.

Somebody's overreacting.

well i am kinda but it's just sooo insulting:( Do they insult suceesful films too?
Spalko was mocked for her bad haircut though

They once made fun of spiderman 3 but they didn't say anything bad about it, just made fun of character's appereances and names. Nothing bad awas there but KOTCS was

Shortie

Wah, KOCS wasn't as good as Raiders. Wah.

^ That's my impersonation of the haters. Thank you very much.

lilp1976

A good, fun film with some very funny bits, some beautiful imagery, Ford getting smacked and smacking, smirking and looking serious in equal measure, good set pieces, not much of a story, completely over the top. i.e. an Indy film. Is the ending any more goofy than a 900 year old bloke guarding the cup of Christ? Probably not. Is the fridge scene any more unrealistic than the dingy scene in TOD? Probably not.

Blade

Is the fridge scene any more unrealistic than the dingy scene in TOD? Probably not.[/QUOTE]

I'll give you a choice, would you rather hide in a fridge while an atomic bomb is dropped on your head or would you rather drop into a river on a dinghy?

lilp1976

Blade said:
Is the fridge scene any more unrealistic than the dingy scene in TOD? Probably not.

I'll give you a choice, would you rather hide in a fridge while an atomic bomb is dropped on your head or would you rather drop into a river on a dinghy?

From the height that they fell from that plane you'd still die a horrible death, so it doesn't really matter. Ideally, i'd get blasted by a nuclear bomb when hiding in a fridge with a dinghy to cushion the landing. :gun:

Blade

lilp1976 said:
From the height that they fell from that plane you'd still die a horrible death, so it doesn't really matter. Ideally, i'd get blasted by a nuclear bomb when hiding in a fridge with a dinghy to cushion the landing. :gun:

Correct decision. Make sure you don't hide in the dinghy, that would then be catastrophic. That said, there may be elements within Dinghy's which can protect you from a nuclear bomb. Nuke the dinghy!

I watched Temple of Doom as a run up to the opening night release of KOTCS (to get me back into the Indy vibe) and I honestly give it 1 star out of 10. Utter bolox.

Indy Croft

to KOTCS or TOD
but really magical realism is needed that is the art of literature. Indy nuking the fridge can be art. Surviving the fall on a raft wasn't realistic either

Sir Galahad

If I remember correctly when Indy read the sticker on the fridge it said it was made of lead. That would've given him some protection./

Mickiana

Lead does stop radiation, how well I don't know, but realistically the heat from the blast wave should have cooked Indy inside what would have been turned into a big oven. And then he would have been bashed to bits as the fridge was flung as far as it was depicted. BUT, that's not the point, is it?! There's nothing in all of Indiana Jones that is supposed to be realistic. If you want realistic, go stand on a street corner and watch the world. In another post, I mentioned that the problem with the fridge scene is that we don't see Indy escape. He gets in the fridge and then rolls out of it at the end. I didn't mind the fridge scene, but I thought this was an important divergence from the previous movies where we see Indy's physical effort in getting out of trouble. But then again, the first part of the movie does have two escape sequences - from Area 51 and then from Doomtown - and Indy is shown in full flight escaping from Area 51.

It was an empty vessel of a film if ever there was one, a perfect example of style over substance. And as the style was was questionable at best, that speaks volumes for what the movie had to offer - nothing!

this story was lazy, and waaay too long. the ending was self-indulgent with referential nods for both lucas and spielberg - embarrassing really.

belloq36

You know...I didn't like everything about the movie, but I did like it a lot. I'm planning on buying it on dvd because it is a worthy addition to the Indiana Jones saga, and I was, for the most part pleased. I don't understand how people just bash it...I personally don't think they gave it a chance. I mean, they probably went in with high expectations and were disappointed. I know I was. But then I thought about...saw it again, and was pleased. I just thought, 'the hell with it, this is an Indiana Jones film!' :)

Indy Croft

TOTALLY RIGHT DUDE!!!!!(y)
Fianlly glad to see a lover

I'm sooooo sick and tired to enormous criticisms

But still this film was the second most sucessful film of 2008, with Dark Knight being the first

Darth Vile

It will be interesting to see how many of those who said they didn't like it, fess' up to buying the DVD when it comes out...

IndyFan89

I didn't like it and i ain't even gonna front, I'll be first in line when best buy opens and i seen the film 8 times in the theater.

It's a love/hate relationship.(y) (n)

It disappointed me because Indy wasn't the star and E.T. was but at the same time it is my all time favorite hero back in another adventure and if anything you got to get exited about that.

I mean when push comes to shove It's still Indy, as a hole you either like the films or you don't. I do, some better then others but...

It's like having a favorite baseball team, lets say the Yankee's for example. Good for long time, now they suck, doesn't mean Yankee's fans are going to quit watching the games.

Dr.Sartorius

It disappointed me because Indy wasn't the star and E.T. was but at the same time it is my all time favorite hero back in another adventure and if anything you got to get exited about that.

I don't know how you can say Indy wasn't the star. Harrison clearly had the most screen time and he owned the role and the movie.