New INDY artwork, inspired by Drew Struzan

Adam McDaniel

It's been about four years since my previous Indiana Jones illustration, but I finally got around to making something I'd been putting off for ages: A "family portrait" of sorts, inspired by Drew Struzan's LAST CRUSADE teaser poster.

While I am not a big fan of KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL, I'm hopeful for a fifth film in the series, as I suspect the filmmakers would have a desire to return to form and ring Indy out with a bona fide bang -- and not involving nuclear explosions and flying refrigerators. The "INDIANA JONE5" mockup was my way of putting a little spin on a would-be teaser poster.

IndyVmockup.jpg

I admit Mutt didn't quite turn out as well as Indy and Marion, but frankly I just didn't spend all that time on him. I might go back and revise him a bit, if I have some time to kill.

I'll be donating a few prints of this piece (click here) as an exclusive to ComiConn, where proceeds will be going to charity. More information to come...

Let me know your thoughts. It's good to be back on this message board after so long...

Regards,

Adam

MDew

Wow, that's some really nice work. I enjoyed the step-by-step descriptions as well. Thanks for sharing!