TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones 5
User Name
Password

Old Today, 01:34 AM   #851
Pale Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders112390
Someone with Photoshop skills smooth out some of the wrinkles and darken his hair here:

You can't edit live action, like you're suggesting
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:02 AM   #852
Gear
IndyFan

Quote:
Harrison Ford doesn't look 75 to me. My parents are 63 and they look much worse than him.
[...]
Someone with Photoshop skills smooth out some of The wrinkles and darken the hair.

It's ok. Let it all out.

... Not on me, but let it out.

Last edited by Gear : Today at 07:31 AM.
Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:46 AM   #853
Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Horse
You can't edit live action, like you're suggesting.
Yes you can, actually. It's not the 1990s anymore. It can even be done without looking incredibly fake and *mostly* avoiding the so-called uncanny valley.

The issue is that it's still going to look very... different from everything else seen on the screen. Unless the rest is going to get similarly touched too.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:53 PM   #854
Raiders112390
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear

It's ok. Let it all out.

... Not on me, but let it out.

My point is that age effects everyone differently, and I genuinely think Harrison Ford looks fine for his age. Add makeup and some hair color and he'd look fine as Indy. I am also very anti-ageism, I think ageism is pretty despicable.
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:56 PM   #855
Raiders112390
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
Yes you can, actually. It's not the 1990s anymore. It can even be done without looking incredibly fake and *mostly* avoiding the so-called uncanny valley.

The issue is that it's still going to look very... different from everything else seen on the screen. Unless the rest is going to get similarly touched too.

It depends how they approach it. I mean, Anthony Hopkins was de-aged for Red Dragon back in 2002 and even then, he didn't look uncanny valley-ish...Nor did they have to touch up the rest of the environment. We're getting to the point where entirely CG'ed humans (like in Rogue One) are beginning to look believable. I don't think a combination of (real) makeup, some light digital touchups would look too out of place, and I think it'd be just enough to make Harrison pass for a guy in his late 50s - mid 60s. I'm not saying he'd ever look 30 again. But he could easily with those tricks believably play an Indy film set at the end of the 1950s.
Old Today, 12:58 PM   #856
Raiders112390
IndyFan

Quote:

You can't edit live action, like you're suggesting

I know you have this genuinely twisted belief (or something you're just trying to push to demoralize fans of Ford) that Harrison has Alzheimers and you use that gif any chance you get to push the image of him as "doddering old man"...But it doesn't work. Same time period, looks fine there.
Old Today, 02:17 PM   #857
Z dweller
IndyFan

Location: The old colonel was right - but he never even got close...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
I'm not sure, I don't think we're quite there yet.

In my opinion, both Princess Leia in "Rogue One" and the Rachael replica in "BR 2049" look puffy faced and patently fake, despite using the latest technology.
And those were brief and very static scenes.

A whole action movie? Forget it.
Plus, I really doubt Ford would go for it - particularly with Spielberg at the helm.
Z dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:25 PM   #858
Pale Horse

Quote:
Disney's trying. To be sure. But like noted above, puffy and fake:

Quote:

I know you have this genuinely twisted belief (or something you're just trying to push to demoralize fans of Ford) ...

I'm such a fan of Ford, I'd hate for him to taint his legacy to appeal to fanboy rose colored glasses. Act your age, I say. That's the highest honor.
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote