Free Comic: Temple of Yearning

Stoo

lightsyder said:
I guess I'm the only one that didn't know this was going to be in the free Star Wars comic? :confused: I guess I need to pay more attention...lol
Hey, lightsyder, yodazone posted the cover and a link to the 1st page in the thread below (since it's by the same team) so we've been talking about it there. I'm really stoked for this!(y)

Indy Adventures Vol. 2

Sometimes threads get merged. I wonder if any ever get split?:confused:

indyclone25

i will be helping out jimmyhayes at his comic shop graham crackers comics in wheaton illinois this sat . i will be dressed as indiana jones and help passing out the free comics out to customers and will be taking pictures with the kids also. so if your in the area come on in and enjoy free comic book day the address is 1207 butterfield rd, wheaton , illinos hope to see you there !!!!

DIrishB

I got lucky enough to have this Saturday off, so I'll be able to stop by a few of my local comic shops. I'm going to try to pick up extra copies of the Dark Horse FCBD issue for the fellow fans who might not be able to grab one. I'll post if I have any exras.

JimmyPSHayes

I just wrote a review for our website. Here it is:

Dark Horse Free Comic Book Day Comic:
-This is the BEST kind of FCBD comic that there is! You get a sampling of 4 of Dark Horse's titles, not just "here's what we think you'll like". First off is Star Wars: The Clone Wars. I give this story a HUGE thumbs up! The story focuses on Kit Fisto and the clones. Great story, great art. A WINNER!!! Next up is Usagi Yojimbo. I've NEVER read Usagi before, and after this, I just might. Short but good story, again, thumbs up. Next is the bad news. I litterally COULD NOT read Emily the Strange. This book is not intended for me, and I'm not intended for it. After that we come to Larry Marder's Beanworld. Again, I don't want to speak bad about a comic that a company is giving you for FREE, so once more, not my cup of tea. Finally, we come to the reason that I wanted to review this book: INDIANA JONES & the Temple of Yearning by Mark Evanier & Ethen Beavers(the creators of the upcoming Iniana Jones Adventures Vol 2, out September 23rd!) . BOTH of my thumbs are SO HIGH UP IN THE AIR they might get caught in a airplane's propeller. In just 6 short pages, both creators are able to pack a GREAT Indiana Jones story with action, humor and heart. The ONLY problem that I had was that Indy didn't get a chance to use his trademark bullwhip. But still, my favorite FCBD story by far!!!

Overall 9 Grahams

Grahams is what we use for "stars". 10 is the highest rating you can get. I REALLY enjoyed the story. Can't wait for more.

indyclone25

i can't wait to read this story --- even if its only six pages ... i'm just glad to have another indy story to tide me over

Nurhachi1991

The story was meh. It was a cute little Indy adventure

But it was free! I love free comic book day!

What comics did you guys get?

Indy's Fist

I liked it! A funny short story that made me smile! I wish they would have made it a "flip over" comic with just Star Wars & Indy. Instead we got several titles and not much content. I would also would have liked an Indy cover to match.

I was a bit confused by one thing, if Indy knew that Clifford had a copy of a combination why did he travel so far to get hold of it? He surly would have known that Clifford was screwed anyway.

Crack that whip

Stoo said:
Thanks, Les! You rock.(y) That looks really, really good. Guess I'm going to have to make a call to Capitaine Quebec. (Are you familiar with this store? Montreal's top comic shop for 30+ years.)

Stoo, I didn't (and still don't) know whether or not you managed to secure a copy for your library yourself, and I thought I'd try to help you out just in case, in thanks for your fine contributions to the Raven. I picked up two copies of the FCBD Dark Horse comic with the Indy tale; one of them's yours, if you need it (I'm sure I'll find something else to do with it if you don't). Just let me know!

:hat:

Crack that whip

DIrishB said:
I'm gonna try a few other comic shops in the next town over on FCBD (which is this Saturday I believe) to see if I can snag at least one copy of this. I'll also try to pick up some extras for fellow Raveners, but I'll post if I can get some extra copies.

Whoops! DIrish, I didn't notice this until after I made Stoo the offer in the post above.

If he declines, you're next in line for my extra copy, if you didn't already get it yourself.

Crack that whip

I went to three different local comics shops today and picked up a slew of them; I don't even know how many I've gotten yet, since one of them gave out bags pre-filled with apparently random selections of the comics they got for the event (though a brief peek into it did reveal it contained a duplicate of a free Aliens comic I'd picked up at the store before - d'oh!).

Stoo, I remembered your mentioning elsewhere that you were hoping you'd get it, but didn't know whether or not you'd be able to. I decided to grab a second copy of this for you, should you need it (and if you don't, DIrish gets the second crack at it, if he didn't get one himself).

EddyW

It's really difficult to get those Free Comic Day comics here in Holland, so if you don't know anyone else I'd be really happy with your spare copy.

Stoo

Crack that whip said:
Stoo, I didn't (and still don't) know whether or not you managed to secure a copy for your library yourself, and I thought I'd try to help you out just in case, in thanks for your fine contributions to the Raven. I picked up two copies of the FCBD Dark Horse comic with the Indy tale; one of them's yours, if you need it (I'm sure I'll find something else to do with it if you don't). Just let me know!

:hat:
Wow, Crack, you are a shining star! A big one. No, I did not manage to secure a copy so I will gladly take you up on your most gracious offer and PM you with my mailling address in Canada. THANK YOU SO MUCH, kind Sir!:hat:(y)

Crack that whip

Stoo, you're entirely welcome. :)

EddyW said:
It's really difficult to get those Free Comic Day comics here in Holland, so if you don't know anyone else I'd be really happy with your spare copy.

Sorry, Eddy - I guess I should've picked up several more if I could. :eek:

Hopefully another Ravener will be able to help you out. I'd certainly hate for anyone to have to pay a lot of money for it - not that it's bad (not at all!), but it's just awfully short (the Indy tale shares the comic with four other stories, so none of them is more than a few pages long).

YouNeverKnow

What other comics did you all pick??? I was only able to pick 4 comics at my comic shop, so I got

-SW:The Clone Wars + other DH titles including Indy
-the 25th Anniversary reprint of the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comic (THIS WAS SO AWESOME!)
-The Avengers. pint-sized little comic, but it made me want to pick up more Avengers stuff. Most of my Fave Marvel characters in one spot.
-Atomic Robo + other Red 5 titles. I regret this one. Should have gone with G.I. Joe/Transformers instead.

Apparently there was a Shatner comic out, but my shop didn't have it. They were way cutesy. Lots of kids in the store that day though, I was happy to see that. They were doing a TON of business.

Crack that whip

Stoo said:
Wow, Crack, you are a shining star! A big one. No, I did not manage to secure a copy so I will gladly take you up on your most gracious offer and PM you with my mailling address in Canada. THANK YOU SO MUCH, kind Sir!:hat:(y)

Aaaaaand it's now on its way; you should have it in a few days.

Do be advised the Indy tale is quite short (I know you know already, but it bears repeating), but I trust you'll enjoy it anyway.

:) :hat:

Goonie

I wonder if our one and only local comic book store had this in. The only problem is I think it's a money laundering operation as they seem to be open only when they feel like it.:rolleyes: Didn't have a chance to go there Saurday as I was busy with other stuff.

Stoo

Moedred said:
Moved those other posts over here... carry on!
You're a good man, Moe!:hat:

Crack that whip said:
Aaaaaand it's now on its way; you should have it in a few days.
Excellent...except I won't be able to get my hands on it until June/July. (You were given my home address to spare the cost of mailing overseas.) Anyway, as per JimmyPSHayes' review, I'm really stoked, no matter how short it is!:cool: Again, thank you a million times over!:hat:

Hopefully, there'll be other extra copies that some people picked up to provide to fans who were unable to get it. (I feel sorry for Indy fans outside of N.America & Great Britain for a large number of reasons.:()

Junior Jones

I loved this story, short as it was. My only frustration is that it didn't give a date for when the adventure takes place. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas where this would best fit into the timeline?