The Gospel of Judas Iscariot

Finn

Staff member
Well, my referral was to the 'source' just above. And you have to admit that at first you appeared just like the people typing up the things above, willing to jump at anything that defends their way of looking at things, no matter how credible it is.

Again, my apologies for causing messed up thoughts to both of you.

Johan

Finn said:
Well, my referral was to the 'source' just above. And you have to admit that at first you appeared just like the people typing up the things above, willing to jump at anything that defends their way of looking at things, no matter how credible it is.

I think most people that try arguing points in any of these threads are just not in the habit of posting their soureces...myself included.
I'll try to make a point to be a bit clearer in the future.

Johan

Finn said:

I think most people that try arguing points in any of these threads are just not in the habit of posting their soureces...myself included.
I'll try to make a point to be a bit clearer in the future.

"I was regurgitating information that I read in a book and I don't quite have a full grasp on the concept myself."
Thank you for that admission....

" David Rohl is a highly respected Egyptologist"
Not in the least he isn't... He is mostly dismissed as a crank.

Johan

ClintonHammond said:
"I was regurgitating information that I read in a book and I don't quite have a full grasp on the concept myself."
Thank you for that admission....

" David Rohl is a highly respected Egyptologist"
Not in the least he isn't... He is mostly dismissed as a crank.

It depends what circle you are coming from. Einstien, John The Baptist, Darwin, and hundreds of others have circles in both realms. Obvisouly he has enough crediblitiy to make the New York Times best sellers list

Finn

Staff member
IndyJohan said:
One does when he is writing "non-fiction"...
...to be honest, not quite so.

And actually, more controversial talk, more interested people will be in reading it.

Finn

Staff member
To some he does, to some he doesn't. It's always like that, just like the existence of God.

To some he does, to some he doesn't.

qwerty

So Finn, for you this is good discution. And when roundshort and temple start their improvisations you say "back to topic" or "stop pointless arguments"

To some he does, to most he doesn't. Especially not with the other experts in his 'field'

Are some of his ideas interesting? Sure... But that doesn't lend them any more weight than any other unsupported supposition

Maybe one day he'll have better 'evidence'... Until then, I'm gonna take his 'word' with a pound of salt.

Couple of points on the flood:

Inadequate supply of water - source

http://www.bible-quotes-science-info.com/art/a-12-noah-flood-science.htm

among MANY others doing this simply math(s - for non-americans);

Also I have seen further calculations showing that IF this water somehow was produced (IndyJ sagely states that God could indeed have drawn this water from elsewhere in the universe, or even multiverse if Terry Pratchett is to be believed) up to the height of Ararat then the sheer WEIGHT of this water would knock the earth of its axis and into oblivion.

That could very well be the definition of conclusive to any right-minded person. :whip: (I'm working on the source).

ta ra

JeremiahGateFan

temple of john said:
God's voice cannot be heard by human ears because it will make our heads explode and that God is actually Alanis Morisette (spelling?).

why would it make our heads explode. You are puting limitations on God.

A. Even if it was too overwhelming out heads wouldn't blow up, we'de simply enter some kind of coma or mental damage of some kind.

B. What you just said completely and utterly discredited most books of the bible.

C. If someone as pitiful as me can learn to talk as I do, than God can't. Maybe you believe that our speach is imperfect so he simply wouldn't but that is ridiculous because God sent his son to die, according to the scriptures, as a human in the worst way. God lowered himself for us and you are saying he wouldn't merely talk to us.

D. Anyway, though I'm not solid in my faith, I know basic theology. To me, the question is not necessarily are people really being healed. To me, the question is buy who? The same is true about aliens. The real question to me is what are they like. Anyway, I just HAD to jump on the completely illogical statement.

EDIT: HOLY----THAT WAS FAST!!! this site is way to active........I was responding to something on the fourth page,,,, I didn't reallize there are already 10 pages.

Last edited:

JeremiahGateFan

I just read some of the posts on the first three pages and found myself complely lost on all this stuff betwenn the gh----somethin wierd and the catholics. I have no idea what all that's about so I'm gonna keep reading and see If I see any interesting websides besides the national geographics one and if anyone wants to clue me in on some good websites for all this historical stuff I'de appreciate it. Or some books.

Johan

You guys still arguing stuff on this Thread? By the way...I've heard the audible voice of God 2 times and it did not make my head explode.

HovitosKing

You're thinking about looking upon the face of God. The Bible says you'll melt if you look upon the face of God. So does Raiders (close your eyes, Marion!).