Awards & nominations

The Man

_Mothy_ said:
It does not deserve awards in any category. It deserves Razzies, though.

Some clearly think so...

The Day The Earth Stood Still and Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull won nods for Worst Prequel, Sequel, Remake or Rip-Off, followed by Star Wars: The Clone Wars, High School Musical 3: Senior Year, The Women and Speed Racer.

The winners of the Razzie Awards, now in its 29th year, will be announced on February 21.

Dr.Sartorius

Another nomination:

13th Annual Art Directors Guild, Excellence in Production Design Awards Nominations

Fantasy Films

THE DARK KNIGHT
Production Designer: Nathan Crowley
INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL
Production Designer: Guy Hendrix Dyas

IRON MAN
Production Designer: J. Michael Riva
THE SPIDERWICK CHRONICLES
Production Designer: James Bissell
WALL E
Production Designer: Ralph Eggleston

KarmicCurse

One of the many reasons I liked this movie was the simply amazing production design. The cemetery, the temples, the throne room were all incredible, and probably the best designs in the series. They really fulfilled their goals. After watching the extras DVD I realized just how intricately detailed each set is.

Darth Vile

The Man said:
Haven't yet seen it. Good..?

I thought it was an excellent movie... although I'm sure it won't be to everyone's tastes. I love Fincher movies, so I was always going to like it to a certain extent anyway. ;)

Crusade>Raiders

Darth Vile said:
I thought it was an excellent movie... although I'm sure it won't be to everyone's tastes. I love Fincher movies, so I was always going to like it to a certain extent anyway. ;)

^This is pretty much exactly as I feel, although I don't mind Slumdog(or The Dark Knight!) winning since its an excellent film as well.

edit: whoops, I thought we were talking about Best Picture. For Special Effects, its between Hellboy 2 and Curious Case, but Curious Case should take it. The effects in the movie are seamless and incredible.

Indy's brother

International Film Music Critics Association

The International Film Music Critics will announce the winners of their 5th Annual Awards on February 18, 2009.
FILM SCORE OF THE YEAR
• The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, music by Alexandre Desplat
• The Dark Knight, music by James Newton Howard and Hans Zimmer
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, music by John Williams
• Standard Operating Procedure, music by Danny Elfman
• Wall*E, music by Thomas Newman
BEST ORIGINAL SCORE FOR AN ACTION/ADVENTURE FILM
• The Dark Knight, music by James Newton Howard and Hans Zimmer
• Hancock, music by John Powell
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, music by John Williams
• Speed Racer, music by Michael Giacchino
• Wanted, music by Danny Elfman
BEST COMPILATION ALBUM OR BOX SET
• Gangs of New York/The Journey of Natty Gann/The Scarlet Letter, music by Elmer Bernstein; produced by Robert Townson (Varèse Sarabande)
Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection, music by John Williams; produced by Laurent Bouzereau (Concord)
• Le Cinéma de Georges Delerue, music by Georges Delerue; produced by Stéphane Lerouge (Universal Music France)
• MGM Soundtrack Treasury, various composers; produced by Lukas Kendall (Film Score Monthly)
• Superman: The Music, various composers; produced by Mike Matessino and Lukas Kendall (Film Score Monthly)
http://www.soundtrack.net/news/article/?id=1276

The Man

Dr.Sartorius said:
The Kids Choice Awards. About as irrelevant as the MTV Movie Awards.

It's quite bizarre that Skull isn't to be found nominated in any of the relevant categories. By all accounts, the kiddies were among the movie's most fervent applauders...

Henry

And the IFMCA goes to...

International Film Music Critics Association (IFMCA) announces its 2008 winners for scoring excellence:

John Williams? score for Steven Spielberg?s INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL wins Best Original Score for an Action/Adventure Film and "Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection" wins BEST COMPILATION ALBUM OR BOX SET.

source: http://filmmusiccritics.org/

Dr.Jonesy

The Man said:
It's quite bizarre that Skull isn't to be found nominated in any of the relevant categories. By all accounts, the kiddies were among the movie's most fervent applauders...

Do you constantly have to be a smarta$$?

Honestly?

Forbidden Eye

Getting back on topic, I'm really glad John Williams is getting quite a bit of credit for his work recently. Even his more weaker work like Indy 4 is a pleasure to listen to and leagues ahead of over 90% of what composers offer today. Still contributing great work at 77, we're very lucky to have him.

And his KOTCS score fits perfectly with the other Indiana Jones scores. It was that score that made the Staff of Kings trailer.