Was he originally going to wear his jacket in the first scene?

Darth Vile

blueoakleyz said:
I saw a glimpse of him getting thrown out of the trunk wearing a leather jacket on an extra on the dvd

I think they must have at least considered it (as Indiana Jones' state of attire is always a consideration). However, I'm not sure if they decided not to use his jacket when shooting, or if this had been decided in pre prod.

TheMutt92

blueoakleyz said:
I saw a glimpse of him getting thrown out of the trunk wearing a leather jacket on an extra on the dvd

Well, didn't they have a lot of the costuming material on the Nevada sets? Isn't that why Shia was there?

The Man

Maybe it was simply left behind in Mexico. Indy does seem a tad naked in the curtain-raiser without it, though...

oki9Sedo

In the Making Of book, there's a pre-production painting of the rocket sled fight, and Indy's wearing his jacket.

Dewy9

Well as sweaty as Indy was in that scene, I bet he was glad he didn't have it on. Granted, this is the same guy who wears a leather jacket in Egypt. :D

Shortie

I was wondering this too because in the book it said his jacket got caught in the fridge & he was desperately trying to free it up. Of course he did though.

metalinvader

The Rocket Sled from the Titanium line featured a jacketed Indy.

I liked the beat up look Indy had,It really gave the look that he was alot more vulnerable to danger.

DarthGemni

I like it that he didn't have it on...it's nice to have them change up his outfit here and there, just like the Cairo fight in ROTLA when he wasn't wearing it. He wore it through most the rest of the movie though. And it makes sense, if he was kidnapped from a dig in Mexico, that he wouldn't have had it on because of the heat while digging in Mexico...