General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Indy's brother

Burwolf said:
My apologies if this has already been mentioned (but 220 pages is too much for me to go through)... but I'd like to see Tom Selleck as the villian if they decided to do Indy 5.

I have to admit, my nerdy little mind keeps coming back to this post. I think I love it.

Mickiana said:
I thought it was 'coldest' before dawn.
Cold, Dark, Musty.....oh crap, we are entombed in an Indy 5-less antechamber, awaiting Dr. Jones to liberate us! WE are the next MacGuffin!

(cue Twighlight Zone music)

Montana Smith

Indy's brother said:
Cold, Dark, Musty.....oh crap, we are entombed in an Indy 5-less antechamber, awaiting Dr. Jones to liberate us! WE are the next MacGuffin!

(cue Twighlight Zone music)

Because of Harrison's age we're expecting Indy V to happen in a much shorter timescale (more akin to TOD following ROTLA, than TLC following TOD), Indy V is already proving the most suspenseful movie of the series!

Mickiana

All we have left for our tortuous waiting are analogies and metaphors of our tortuous waiting. I should have said that better...

EddyW

I came across these quotes (trusting that the Indy 5 facebook page doesn't make this up):

February 25, 2010
Ford [translated]: "I have two more movies about Indiana. I have nothing against sequels and franchises, I think are interesting because they provide more facts and facets of the characters. I think my relationship with my newly discovered new child can give a lot of game. I know that George Lucas is working on a new story, so if we like Steven and me not be long before we put the fly."

February 25, 2010
Ford [translated]: "Being humble, there could be Indiana Jones when I was not in the movie. I love to do another Indiana Jones movie but we have a good story, and Spielberg and George Lucas have to agree before starting."

February 26, 2010
Ford [translated]: "Why not? George Lucas is working on it and if it is successful and if Steven Spielberg and I can be on it, I'm happy. I am willing to make two more Indiana Jones movies."

March 3, 2010
Ford [translated]: "If it's not 18 years previously required. Sure, I'd love to shoot another part. Maybe even two!"

---
I hadn't heard these before, at least not using these words, and it's cool to see Ford is actually mentioning wanting to do TWO more films in the most recent posts. Looks like he's still pretty serious about this.

Yeah I know, it's still nothing but I like to keep the speculation alive (and preferably positive). :D

Indy's brother

I started that page actually, and I can tell you that those quotes were all assimilated by our very own Raven Moderator, Moedred. A link to his livejournal from which they came is included in that Discussion's title! (y)

Montana Smith said:
Because of Harrison's age we're expecting Indy V to happen in a much shorter timescale (more akin to TOD following ROTLA, than TLC following TOD), Indy V is already proving the most suspenseful movie of the series!

Its too late to equate the three years between ROTLA and TOD since that would mean a release next summer and filming would have to be this summer with preproduction well underway as we speak. Now 2012 with four years after KOTCS with a shoot in summer 2011 I think that is the most likely timeframe they are looking at right now.

Montana Smith

chicago103 said:
Its too late to equate the three years between ROTLA and TOD since that would mean a release next summer and filming would have to be this summer with preproduction well underway as we speak. Now 2012 with four years after KOTCS with a shoot in summer 2011 I think that is the most likely timeframe they are looking at right now.

Just so long as it isn't TLC to KOTCS territory! Indy V will be hitting our screens in 2027 withan octogenarian Indy with an oxygen cyilinder in his gasmask bag.

chicago103 said:

Sadly, I'm starting to believe they are no more looking to any possible timeframe, right now. It's pretty clear to me that Lucas has "practically" abandoned the project. :(

Face it. There hasn't been a single update, not a single one in more than a year. For all we know, everything is still in the early research phase, exactly as it was two years ago. :(

EddyW said:
I hadn't heard these before, at least not using these words, and it's cool to see Ford is actually mentioning wanting to do TWO more films in the most recent posts. Looks like he's still pretty serious about this.

And this makes it burn sooo much...

bennihana123

The Stranger said:
Sadly, I'm starting to believe they are no more looking to any possible timeframe, right now. It's pretty clear to me that Lucas has "practically" abandoned the project. :(

Face it. There hasn't been a single update, not a single one in more than a year. For all we know, everything is still in the early research phase, exactly as it was two years ago. :(

George Lucas' new film (that he's producing, I think he wrote it too) Red Tails had almost no updates until one day I found an article that listed the director, cast, and an announcement that it had finished Principal Photography. Don't give up hope just yet :whip:

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
The fate of Indy 5 filming will remain a mystery until Jan 2011. That's all I can say. After that we will know if it happens at all

foreignerfred

Mitchellhallock said:
The fate of Indy 5 filming will remain a mystery until Jan 2011. That's all I can say. After that we will know if it happens at all

What's the significance of January 2011? Anything in particular, or just a reasonable time for them to make an announcement if they plan to put it out in the foreseeable future?

My eyes are looking to Comic Con for SOMETHING.

Rivers

Mitchellhallock said:

Mitchell, buddy, come on, what did you hear.... dont hold out on us!!!!

foreignerfred

Either he knows something or he's hoping like the rest of us.

Man, I really hope he knows something.

Look at how desperate we are for news. Mitch makes a comment like that and we're sitting on pins and needles.

...at least Rivers and me.

Montana Smith

Rivers said:
Mitchell, buddy, come on, what did you hear.... dont hold out on us!!!!

If Mitchell tells us he'll probably get shot. :gun: :dead:

Somebody call Toht's grandson, and tell him to bring the coathanger! We have important information to extract! :whip:

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Give me a week or so as I am working out show details and can shed more light soon. Trust me I am not pulling any legs.