Movie of the Year, so far

XanaduEli

I will have to wait for The new Chronicles of Narnia and Harry Potter movies to come out, before making any definite decisions.

But so far It has to be Robin Hood.

kongisking

Matt deMille said:
Despite what has been said, I think it's actually been a decent year for movies. I wasn't expecting much this year, so perhaps I was more easily pleased than I would have been otherwise. For what it's worth, here's the films I think were either better-than-expected or knockouts!

1) Kick-Ass (absolutely the best movie I've seen in MANY years)
2) Predators (finally a worthy sequel)
3) Iron Man 2 (good, and not just because my friend was in it)
4) Alice In Wonderland (I know a lot of purists hated it, but I thought it was fine fare)

I haven't yet seen Inception, A-Team or Prince of Persia however (missed 'em, catching Indy trilogy runs -- I love Hollywood theaters), but I've heard those are all pretty good shows.

A good half-dozen quality movies in a year when I expected maybe 1 or 2. I'd say it's been a good harvest so far, and let's not forget, TRON is still to come!!!!!!

Trust me man, Inception is fan-frickin'-tastic. And have you seen Toy Story 3 yet? Unbelievably awesome.

I'm surprise nobody has brought up Shutter Island, which was also a stupendous flick.

In order, my picks would be:

1. INCEPTION
2. TOY STORY 3
3. SHUTTER ISLAND

Forbidden Eye

1. Toy Story 3: Made me feel like a child again. Close to flawless. Pixar's 2nd best, just behind the original Toy Story. The only film this year I've seen twice.

2. Inception: Overrated, but still good. I think some people just wanted this to be a masterpiece because of how disappointing this year has been. It didn't quite blow my mind, but I was still enthralled by most of it, and it was fun reading what people on the internet thought, lol.

3. The Expendables: Just saw this. AWESOME. I don't care what the critics say, I think they were just out to get any movie which had masculine American heroes that weren't wussies or homosexuals. Govna Ahnold's cameo was worth the price alone.

Unlike others, I didn't think this year was THAT bad. I mean sure it was weak, but it was actually weaker last year imo. This offered more for me and didn't disappoint me like last year(then again, my expectations were not that high).

TheMutt92

kongisking said:
1. INCEPTION
2. TOY STORY 3
3. SHUTTER ISLAND

I'm gonna have to go w/ this as well (although I still havn't seen The Book of Eli, which I've heard is quite good, especially from people who don't care for that many movies).

JP Jones

kongisking said:
Trust me man, Inception is fan-frickin'-tastic. And have you seen Toy Story 3 yet? Unbelievably awesome.

I'm surprise nobody has brought up Shutter Island, which was also a stupendous flick.

In order, my picks would be:

1. INCEPTION
2. TOY STORY 3
3. SHUTTER ISLAND
I would have thought you'd get a kick out of Prince of Persia. I loved it!

Matt deMille

Forbidden Eye said:
1. Toy Story 3: Made me feel like a child again. Close to flawless. Pixar's 2nd best, just behind the original Toy Story. The only film this year I've seen twice.

2. Inception: Overrated, but still good. I think some people just wanted this to be a masterpiece because of how disappointing this year has been. It didn't quite blow my mind, but I was still enthralled by most of it, and it was fun reading what people on the internet thought, lol.

3. The Expendables: Just saw this. AWESOME. I don't care what the critics say, I think they were just out to get any movie which had masculine American heroes that weren't wussies or homosexuals. Govna Ahnold's cameo was worth the price alone.

Unlike others, I didn't think this year was THAT bad. I mean sure it was weak, but it was actually weaker last year imo. This offered more for me and didn't disappoint me like last year(then again, my expectations were not that high).

Man! How could I have left Expendables off my list? I saw it on a sneak-preview night and it brought the house down!

Well, 'nuff said. It's been a VERY GOOD year for movies.

kongisking

JP Jones said:
I would have thought you'd get a kick out of Prince of Persia. I loved it!

I have yet to see it, and reviews has greatly worried me, but I'll give it a shot come DVD release. I'm sure it will be better than I expect. Here's hoping!

Calo

So far, The Book of Eli is my favorite for this year still...

Before you guys ask, I did see Inception...

I liked it, but not that much.

Iacovos

Scott Pilgrim vs the world

My most favourite movie of all year in 2010 has got to be Scott Pilgrim vs the world. I loved the plot twists, the 7 evil ex boyfriends and the fact that it was all based on life as an arcade game character. The one thing not that many people know about this movie is that it started off as a game series that then got turned into a book series and then a comic book series then finally a film. The video game for this movie is made up of the 7 video games where the bosses were the 7 evil ex boyfriends.

Best movie to me so far !!!:) :) :)

RedeemedChild

Okay, film of year? Eh?

Well this is a mighty good thread!

So here are mine: Top 5

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (Spectacular Movie)

Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland

How To Train Your Dragon

Despicable Me

Eat, Pray Love

bennihana123

Toy Story 3 made me cry

Inception is fantastic- from Christopher Nolan what can you expect

I am in lesbians with Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

Shutter Island is really great with fantastic directing/acting. You can guess the twist pretty easily, but that's not the point. Plus, there is another twist within the last minute or so that is rather subtle.

And The A-Team is the most fun I've had in the theater in a while

Agent Crab

bennihana123 said:
Inception is fantastic- from Christopher Nolan what can you expect

And The A-Team is the most fun I've had in the theater in a while

LOVED Inception.

Loved A-Team. Gotta love Murdock.

Possibly, the best moovie I seen this year was the Expendables.