TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Off Topic > Films
User Name
Password

Old 09-26-2007, 12:42 PM   #1
kongisking
IndyFan

Iron Man

God, I can't wait! That trailer kicks A.S.S. with a capital COOL! The hell with Dark Knight, this looks awesome! I hope they eventually do a movie about the "Mask in the Iron Man" story arc!

Ah, May 2008...Indy, Stark, Batman (is that in May?); next summer is going to be moviegoer-heaven.

By the way: are any of you going to buy the Transformers DVD? (Yes, I know that's off-topic, but I'm just curious.
kongisking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 12:59 PM   #2
ClintonHammond

Shouldn't this be in Films?
ClintonHammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 01:53 PM   #3
Michael24
IndyFan

I've been excited about IRON MAN for much of 2007 and have been following the production pretty closely. I never really read the comics, but I like the character and think there's a lot of potential for a really kick-ass film. A few things about the trailer bugged me, but I'm otherwise excited and hoping for the best. Robert Downey Jr. looks great in the part.

So far next year I'm looking forward to Indy, Iron Man, and Rambo.

And no, I won't be buying TRANSFORMERS on DVD. That movie was the biggest disappointment of the year for me.
Michael24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:13 PM   #4
Joe Brody
IndyFan

The Robert Downey Jr. casting was great -- even if the guy has been a tad over-exposed since Ally Mcbeal. I must search out this trailor.
Joe Brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:46 PM   #5
Niteshade007
IndyFan

Yeah, this should probably be moved to Films.

I know nothing about Iron Man the comic. I didn't even know who he was up until I saw a trailer recently on youtube. It does look interesting, plus it has Gwyneth Paltrow (although her hair looks gross), and that blonde chick from the trailer looked pretty hot as well. I have to say though, I'm really much more looking forward to The Dark Knight, but that's because Batman is really the only superhero I know, and that's just because of the movies and the cartoon as a kid.
Niteshade007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 12:58 AM   #6
indy34
IndyFan

Whats stark?
indy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 08:19 AM   #7
kongisking
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy34
Whats stark?

"Stark" is the last name of Tony Stark, the billionaire inventor and playboy who is the public-alter-ego of Iron Man. Sorry indy34, I should have been more specific.
Old 03-01-2008, 05:39 PM   #8
Deckard
IndyFan

Iron Man Trailer 2

Wow, this looks amazing. I am almost as excited about this now as Indy 4.

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/03...17/vids_1.html

(Watch Trailer 2, It's the new long one)
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 05:42 PM   #9
G-Man
IndyFan

Everything I've seen about Iron Man has looked great. This just adds to it.

I'm psyched for this. It's third on my list behind Indy and the Dark Knight.
G-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 05:46 PM   #10
Deckard
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man
Everything I've seen about Iron Man has looked great. This just adds to it.

I'm psyched for this. It's third on my list behind Indy and the Dark Knight.

Same here, same list, but after seeing this I am actually more excited about Iron Man then the Dark Knight now. And i'm about as big a Batman fan as I am Indy. This new trailer is just bad ass.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 05:48 PM   #11
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan

I'm not too impressed. The out of place rock music and lame humor were annoying.
Dr.Sartorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:24 AM   #12
Shortie
IndyFan

Iron Man

Here's the thread for Iron Man. My second most anticipated movie of '08, tied with TDK. I think you all know what #1 is.

I got the novel at W*M, but I'm waiting until after I see the movie.
Shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 09:47 AM   #13
kongisking
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortie
Here's the thread for Iron Man. My second most anticipated movie of '08, tied with TDK. I think you all know what #1 is.

I got the novel at W*M, but I'm waiting until after I see the movie.

As in novelization?!?!? I didn't know it was on shelves already! DAMN! There's too much cool crap coming out this year which I can't pay for! Lego Indy, Iron Man novel and action figures, Indy toys, Indy books, Iron Man stuff...I'm overwhelmed! I could sure use a 10,000 dollar gift card!!!
Old 04-02-2008, 10:18 AM   #14
Paden
IndyFan

For those that are interested, here are some new Iron Man pics:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7012
Paden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 01:43 PM   #15
|ZiR|
IndyFan

I'm hyped for this movie solely because of Robert Downey Jr. He's one of my favorite actors, and this movie's been on my radar for a while noow. But he's not really your typical comic book movie star, is he?

Are Iron Man fans O.K. with having Downey? Hmm.

Also, I seem to remember Iron Man being black in the Superman cartoon from the late 90's. I dunno--maybe he was just really tan.
|ZiR| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 02:14 PM   #16
Michael24
IndyFan

For the most part, I think Downey has been met with much enthusiasm.

I'm very excited for this film. The CGI and costumes look great, and the action looks like it'll be a grand ol' time. It would be nice to see a superhero movie that's just plain fun again. It's shaping up to be the comic book movie of the year.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:21 PM   #17
Snakes
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sartorius
I'm not too impressed. The out of place rock music and lame humor were annoying.

I'm expecting that to simply be the usual lousy marketing technique they use for many film like Iron Man. I've sen other films with similar trailers and they movies themselves were quite different. Lame humor usually seems that way in trailers because it's taken out of context. Most lines in trailers are shortened or cut strangely so they seem completely different. Still, this film could very well have lots of rock music and bad humor. I hope not, because I've been looking forward to this film before it was even announced.
Snakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:51 PM   #18
Michael24
IndyFan

Thanks to my mom being involved with law enforcement, I discovered this the other day.

The 11-99 Foundation, a non-profit charity which provides benefits and scholarships to CHP family members, is holding a fundraiser to attend a special screening of Iron Man on May 2 at the Paramount Studios lot in Hollywood, CA. Packages range from $1,000 to $10,000 and come with some memorabilia, such as your name on a "Walk of Fame" star replica, but individual tickets are just $125. There will also be cocktails and a gourmet buffet before the screening.

You can find more information on the fundraiser here. My mom and I are thinking about going (for the individual ticket rate, of course), since it may be the closest I ever get to attending a premiere-like screening. And the money goes to a great cause, too.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:49 AM   #19
The Man
IndyFan

The film that's hogged Indy's limelight thus has recieved...wait for it...three stars. Out of five...

http://www.empireonline.com/reviews/...e.asp?FID=9756

Just another so-so comic book adap? Probably. The above review reads almost exactly like what they wrote about Spider-man 3 this time last year: they want to like it far more than they actually do.
The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:21 AM   #20
Katarn07
IndyFan

I'm not excited for this, but I'm certainly willing to give it a go! I have many more movies I'm more excited to see like TDK, KotCS, 007: QoS, Narnia, Get Smart.... But that doesn't mean I won't see this.
Katarn07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:15 PM   #21
The Man
IndyFan

http://www.totalfilm.com/cinema_reviews/iron_man

Hmm...worth all that hype, Paramount?
The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:41 PM   #22
xVendetta17x
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man
The film that's hogged Indy's limelight thus has recieved...wait for it...three stars. Out of five...

http://www.empireonline.com/reviews/...e.asp?FID=9756

Just another so-so comic book adap? Probably. The above review reads almost exactly like what they wrote about Spider-man 3 this time last year: they want to like it far more than they actually do.

It's not bad 3/5
Critics didn't like Transformers and I loved it
I still have hopes for Iron Man
xVendetta17x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:07 PM   #23
Shortie
IndyFan

I've been hearing more positive reviews than negative. I'll be seeing this opening day, the first ever for me. Indy will be 2nd.
Shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:07 PM   #24
Michael24
IndyFan

Can't wait for next Friday. I'm gonna try to catch up with The Forbidden Kingdom this weekend, that way the next few weeks are wide open for Iron Man until May 22 when this other little movie whose title I've forgotten at the moment opens.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:38 PM   #25
RelicHunter
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongisking
God, I can't wait! That trailer kicks A.S.S. with a capital COOL! The hell with Dark Knight, this looks awesome! I hope they eventually do a movie about the "Mask in the Iron Man" story arc!

Ah, May 2008...Indy, Stark, Batman (is that in May?); next summer is going to be moviegoer-heaven.

By the way: are any of you going to buy the Transformers DVD? (Yes, I know that's off-topic, but I'm just curious.

The hell with the dark knight? Iron man looks like A** compared to the Dark knight. Heath ledger as the joker, nothing in Iron Man can come close. And Robert Downey Jr couldn't wash Christian bales jock!
RelicHunter is offline   Reply With Quote