Topps Heritage: Indiana Jones Trading Card Set

Deckard

throwmetheidol said:
I believe the odds are pulling either 1 autograph card OR 1 sketch from a sealed box. That's what I got when I opened 2 boxes.

Actually its about 1 auto and 2 sketches every 2-3 boxes.

I have 2 boxes coming from ebay, 4 on reserve from my local comic shop and Im buying some sketch cards on ebay right now. I rly underestimated these, they rock.

Deckard

He's got nine offers tho, I'd say it'll go for alot more then the Official Pix one. Look at how much some of the other cards are going for, I'll admit, I'm bidding some questionable prices myself right now for some of the sketch cards.

Arab Swordsman

Deckard said:
He's got nine offers tho, I'd say it'll go for alot more then the Official Pix one. Look at how much some of the other cards are going for, I'll admit, I'm bidding some questionable prices myself right now for some of the sketch cards.

Yeah, but the offers could be for like 100 bucks. He won't get anywhere near 10,000 for it. I just couldn't justify paying that much knowing I could have had one of those awesome Officialpix autographed pictures for less than 500.

Deckard

Arab Swordsman said:
Yeah, but the offers could be for like 100 bucks. He won't get anywhere near 10,000 for it. I just couldn't justify paying that much knowing I could have had one of those awesome Officialpix autographed pictures for less than 500.

Ya but on that same note, how many cards has Harrison signed for this? I have no idea, It may be rarer, the thing that comes to my mind is people are going to want a complete set of auto cards and that will drive the price up, probably not 10 thousand but a few thousand wouldn't surprise me.

One of my readers pointed out today that the Topps Han Solo signed went for almost that much - but SW does have a much larger fan base than IJ. But I agree that it will eventually go for thousands of dollars.

I think I can live without it ;)

Deckard

Some of the prices on the sketch cards showing up are equally crazy, and they all seem to be getting a ton of bids. On a side note if anyone here gets cool sketch cards they aren't interested in Let me know!

xVendetta17x

As most people know, I live in Canada
But in a couple days i'll be going down to Florida for spring break, does anyone know if Comic stores there carry any packs or such?

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Arab Swordsman said:
Well, I think I did pretty good. Wal Mart and Target did not have them so I stopped at the local comic shop. I got one sketch card and a Chatter Lal autograph.

ScannedImage-3-1.jpg

I'm just a bit bummed because I didn't get enough base cards for a whole set. I'm sure most people will have this issue if they bought a box. We should start a need/have list so people can trade cards on here.

I bought a box and why I did get a John Rhys Davies autograph, 2 of the "foil sequential cards 132/500 of #1 and 234/500 of # 4" , I was missing cards 7,15, 31, 71, 79 -- so I did not get a complete set of 90 cards..as I originally thought did -- this has happened in the past with Topps Star wars boxes of cards -- but usually just one or two missing cards to complete a set.

Little Indy

OK I'm getting nervous. I think the Indy Heritage Cards boat is sailing and Im missing the boat. I went by Target and they didn't have any. I just read that Target decided to pass on the Heritage set. I DID see an anouncemnet for the Crystal Skull set though, it said coming soon and showed the Crystal Skull Card Box. Anyway. I read at Throw me the Idol that the Boxes at K'Mart and Walmart have different inserts than the the ones from comic or card shops, can anyone confirm this? I want to buy a box or two but don't want to make the mistake of buying from the wrong place.

xVendetta17x

Little Indy said:
OK I'm getting nervous. I think the Indy Heritage Cards boat is sailing and Im missing the boat. I went by Target and they didn't have any. I just read that Target decided to pass on the Heritage set. I DID see an anouncemnet for the Crystal Skull set though, it said coming soon and showed the Crystal Skull Card Box. Anyway. I read at Throw me the Idol that the Boxes at K'Mart and Walmart have different inserts than the the ones from comic or card shops, can anyone confirm this? I want to buy a box or two but don't want to make the mistake of buying from the wrong place.
I'm getting nervous too
Well, there's always eBay

Kyle_Babbitt

Little Indy said:

Only comic stores will have teh boxes with sketch cards and autos. If you buy from target, toys r us, walmart etc. all you will get is a magnet.

McHaleyArt

Little Indy said:
Just a reminder for those new to card collecting. The boxes that stores like Target would have are Retail boxes...and will not have any Autograph or Sketch Cards. Hobby boxes will...these are on ebay, hobby shops, comic shops, etc.
WHOOPS..Sorry...just saw that Kyle had posted this info.