Howard the Duck

TheMutt92

Don't plan on buying it, only plan on watching it if I have to or if it just so happens to be on TV.

sandiegojones

I'd buy it for the love scene alone! I saw this in the theater when I was 7 years old I think and it was the weirdest thing I ever saw.

AndyLGR

I saw it twice in the cinema. When was it out? 86 or something? If so I was 13 then and clearly didnt know any better. I;ve watched it again recently and its a stinker.

No Ticket

I still haven't seen this movie... But I've seen clips of it and I uhhh I have no idea how anyone could get too excited lol.

phantom train

I have never seen HTD in it's entirety, so I plan on watching HTD when it hits DVD - because of the Lflm. connection, and because the story/characters are so ridiculous that the movie may actually be interesting. Either way, I have a feeling this will be one of those "it's so bad, it's good" films.

For those who are interested, last year a HTD Omnibus of the entire comic series from the '70's was released. It's possible that this Omnibus release spurred on the release of this DVD, though this is pure speculation on my part.

The Drifter

I added this gem to my dvd collection today. Look forward to watching it later tonight.
Also bought 'No Time For Sergeants'. I love that movie.

AndyLGR

I loved this film so much when I was 13 that I went to see it twice in the cinemas. Looking back it wasnt great really.

Indy's brother

AndyLGR said:
Looking back it wasnt great really.

Yeah, a lot of movies that have that intangible nostalgia factor that varies from person to person based on the context of their personal history don't always age well. For example, I got the horror/comedy "House" for christmas. It was neat to watch again, but I remembered it being a lot better. For it's day it was great, but compared to even modern b-movies.....not so much. Other 80's movies (again depending on the viewer) are a joy to watch regardless of how ridiculous they are in a modern context. For example, I like Ford Fairlane, and the even crappier Ski School. Not because of some delusion that they are high art, but because they take me back to a simpler time. Someday, somewhere, someone will do this with KOTCS.....in fact, it could easily be argued by some that it's already happened. ;)

Montana Smith

featofstrength said:
eeew...Seth Green....

The werewolf?

Oh, you're right...

EXCLUSIVE: Who's the voice of that stunning stinger character after the credits of GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY?

Published at: Aug. 1, 2014, 4:33 p.m. CST by headgeek

Hey folks, Harry here... I've been getting inquiries from fans that have seen GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY and the film's magnificent stinger in the post credits, featuring a fine feathered fan favorite... but there's no voice credit.

Who could it be? I've seen the film 3 times now, so I've just seen the stinger once... but the voice sounded familiar, but I couldn't quite put my fickle finger upon the voice rustling them feathers... There was only one thing to do... Contact James Gunn...

With the stipulation that I wouldn't give the stinger or the voice away via a TWEET or HEADLINE... James Gunn told me that this guy:

is none other than...

that's right... SETH GREEN is the voice of HOWARD THE DUCK!!! He's an expert an animated feathered entertainment!!! James Gunn stated, "I love Howard The Duck!" - and I've no doubt about it. Howard's time has come again - and if you haven't checked out Howard's run in the Seventies comics, you could not do better than to seek out those fine tales of the master of Quack Fu! Now to leave you with a song to dance to...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/e0oeY1KMY9U?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/68240

Forbidden Eye

featofstrength said:
eeew...Seth Green....

The potential of more Howard The Duck is both exciting and worrisome. If Disney made this a more adult film and released it under their Touchstone banner I could see it getting justice, but like the 80s film I suspect it'll give us a cross between a "family film" and an adult film.

The biggest problem with that is in the 2010s a "family film" is defined by not having its lead character smoke(let alone showing ducktits).

Forbidden Eye said:
The potential of more Howard The Duck is both exciting and worrisome. If Disney made this a more adult film and released it under their Touchstone banner I could see it getting justice, but like the 80s film I suspect it'll give us a cross between a "family film" and an adult film.

The biggest problem with that is in the 2010s a "family film" is defined by not having its lead character smoke(let alone showing ducktits).

I hate Disney...and anti-smoking pc-ism...and...