TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Video Games
User Name
Password

Old 12-28-2008, 08:59 AM   #1
Irfaan
IndyFan

LEGO Indy wins "Best Movie Game of the Year"!!!

At this years main event, the VGA Awards 2008, LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures won best video game based on a movie/tv show license.!

It was up with some of the most anticipated and criticallt acclaimed games, such as "Star Wars: The Force Unleashed" and "Naruto: The Broken Bond". You can check out all of the winners by clicking here

Well, I absolutely loved LEGO Indiana Jones and well as past Indy games. I am glad it did well, it made very good use of the source material available, had an incredible rouster of Indy trilogy characters, superb replayable levels as well as awesome quotations achievements. And with it being agaist the other two blockbusters I really thought LEGO Indy wouldn't make it this year, but alas! Indy wins again!
Irfaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:15 PM   #2
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

Location: The Host City of the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Australia
Wow! That's pretty sweet. Hopefully this will show that there is a definite market for Indiana Jones in the video games arena, and there is satisfaction to be had that it beat a big shot Star Wars game.

Maybe it might even get LucasArts to hurry up with Staff of Kings!!!
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:07 PM   #3
QBComics
IndyFan

Hooray!!
QBComics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:20 AM   #4
Insomniac
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Indy

Maybe it might even get LucasArts to hurry up with Staff of Kings!!!

Ya I'm with You.
Insomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 04:12 PM   #5
Shortie
IndyFan

Count me on hurrying up with 'Staff of Kings'. Though, I do think it'll come out this year. They have nothing else big to steal it's spotlight. (*cough*TFU*cough*)
Shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:13 PM   #6
Irfaan
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortie
Count me on hurrying up with 'Staff of Kings'. Though, I do think it'll come out this year. They have nothing else big to steal it's spotlight. (*cough*TFU*cough*)

I hope so too! I'm with everyone one the "full-steam ahead" with staff of kings. Well, development started around spring 2008, and since they already had the storyline, pre production material, concept, and engine from the force unleashed already finished so i would say it's definitely releasing in 2009, any other delay from that would be far too cost effective to the team, and the full cycle of development for big games is usually under a year, so things are definitely looking up for staff of kings.

Plus "Rob MacGregor" who is doing the novelisation of the game said it's planning on releasing late 2009. I'm sure lucasarts has met their final deadline.

Things are looking up. It's funny how Lucas's low piority game of this year "LEGO Indiana Jones" beat "The Force Unleashed" lol. Not that I have anything agaist TFU (i do own it) but will at least show them to not underestimate their excellent Indiana Jones franchise over there extremely overdone Star Wars franchise, which must have at least a billion games available for it.

And seriously, Fracture? They published that and yet they put that piority over an Indiana Jones game? Next time they should just make a developer make an Indiana Jones game, instead of them trying to create it in-house. At least the others would be able to meet there deadlines e.g. Emperors Tomb.

Sorry for that rant. I just care a lot about Dr. Jones
Irfaan is offline   Reply With Quote