Rate the Indiana Jones Series

Dr.Jonesy

I've searched through the entire General Indiana Jones Discussion forum and never found one thread in which posters got to rank the series and show how they rate each film. So, I figured I should start one.

****If there is a thread that I missed that is the same as this one, I offer the Mods my apologies and they may close this thread if that be the case.****

----------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I'll start with mine:

1.) Raiders of the Lost Ark--10/10
2.) Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade--8.5/10
3.) Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull--8/10
4.) Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom-- 7.5/10

Depending on the day, I'll place KOTCS as my 2nd favorite over LC. It just depends.
:p

----------------------------------------------------------------------
How do you rate the films?

lao che & sons

man I'm glad to see temple getting some love.

1. Raiders (9.7999999999/10)
2. Temple (10/10)
3. Crusade ( 9.99999999/10)
4. Crystal (9/10)

The top three are insanley close but KOTCS is great but still my least favorite.:gun:

AlivePoet

Raiders of the Lost Ark: 9/10
Temple of Doom: 9/10
Last Crusade: 9/10
Kingdom: 7/10

I rate each of the original trilogy equally, because I enjoy each of them equally for different reasons. Kingdom, while decent, never fully captured the adventurous vibe that is strongly exhibited by each of the other three. And really, the main reason I'm even giving it a 7/10 is because Harrison's return was so damn true to his classic form.

I know I've done this before...

Raiders 9/10 Set the standard, no use crying about it
Crusade 8/10 If adventure has a name, it's NOT Temple! But it is dirivitive...
Temple 7/10 If Cartoon action has a name...other then that I agree with Larry Kasdan.
Skull 6/10 Tough one, not ugly and mean spirited, but half baked. UFOs bad Wrath of God good.

QBComics

Raiders: 10/10- Classic
Temple: 8/10
Crusade: 8/10
Skull: 8/10

I rate the sequels all the same, because I love, but they do have some flaws.

Rating Indy

Raiders: 10/10
Temple: 9.5/10
LC: 8/10
Skull: 7/10

The parody feeling introduced in LC and carried over into Skull really lowered the bar for the series! The comedy in the first two was aimed more at alleviating the darker scenes of the movies.

I love them all, though.

Dr.Jonesy

punisher5150 said:
The parody feeling introduced in LC and carried over into Skull really lowered the bar for the series! The comedy in the first two was aimed more at alleviating the darker scenes of the movies.

I love them all, though.

Agree with that sentiment, :whip:

Dr.Jonesy

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Am I the only one who likes ToD above all the rest?

Of course not.
:hat:
There are others, heck even one guy I know loves ToD over the others. Or my other friend who loves KOTCS over the other 3.

It just depends on who you meet. But you're not the only one.

Am I the only one who gets really agitated when someone bashes the crap TOD or KOTCS?? Paticularly on IMDb and those pesky YouTube comments??

:confused:

The Drifter

Dr.Jonesy said:
Am I the only one who gets really agitated when someone bashes the crap TOD or KOTCS?? Paticularly on IMDb and those pesky YouTube comments??
:confused:

Nope, you're not the only one there either. ToD is my favorite of the bunch, and so I try to defend it, KotCS had its flaws, but they were blew <b>WAY</b> out of proportion.

Dr.Jonesy

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Nope, you're not the only one there either. ToD is my favorite of the bunch, and so I try to defend it, KotCS had its flaws, but they were blew <b>WAY</b> out of proportion.

Both of the film's flaws were blown WAY out of proportion. I don't mind critique, but don't rip something I love to shreds and tell me I'm an idiot, you know?
:p
I don't mind critique, but people today get carried away and hostile about things they disliked. People today, if they didn't like it, they REALLY, REALLY HATE it and think anybody who doesn't agree with them are morons who need a CAT scan...