What's Harrison Ford doing these days?

Pale Horse

Staff member
Olliana said:
Best shape in proportion to his age, I'd think.

mri8k.jpg

Gear

Z dweller said:
Ah, but reality is subjective in this thread, dontcha know? :p

It's all in the mind.

Although, Harry will still get IDed when going into a liquor store, apparently.

Subjective? Hell, sure, but they know me, and I get IDed two or three times a week.

Maybe he is ripe to play Indy again. Age descrimination, otherwise.

Considering what's he's gone through physically..just find it to be pretty outstanding that he looks this well.. and it cant be just me but he seems to look more like Indy these last few years. Then ever before that grit on his face he's become more tougher if u get what I mean?

Last edited by a moderator:

IndyForever

Túrin Turambar said:
Considering what's he's gone through physically..just find it to be pretty outstanding that he looks this well.. and it cant be just me but he seems to look more like Indy these last few years. Then ever before that grit on his face he's become more tougher if u get what I mean?
Yep I agree he looks great for 72 & will rock the movie world again when he returns in Indy 5 + 6 filmed back to back by Spielberg next year ;)

Indy Jones

IndyForever said:
Yep I agree he looks great for 72 & will rock the movie world again when he returns in Indy 5 + 6 filmed back to back by Spielberg next year ;)

I'd love that. Too bad it's a pipe dream.

Z dweller

Indy Jones said:
Exactly. A fanboy's wet dream and no more.

The Ford fundies wax lyrical about "one last adventure" for IndyFord with Spielberg at the helm and maybe Lucas as EP or some such.
But the reality is that

a) Lucas is out of the picture for good and Spielberg isn't going to direct without him on board.

b) Disney did not acquire the franchise to make one last movie, or a final two: they are going to make several, unless the first one starring a new actor proves a total failure (which I very much doubt).

Of course Harry would play Indy again if given the chance but, with all due respect, at nearly 73 he'd take pretty much any lead role anyone offered him.
IMO, he is smart enough to accept a cameo or bookend role if offered.

Gear

Z dweller said:
Of course Harry would play Indy again if given the chance but, with all due respect, at nearly 73 he'd take pretty much any lead role anyone offered him.
IMO, he is smart enough to accept a cameo or bookend role if offered.

Why?? Lulz, he's not a starving artist, able to do what he enjoys and maybe acting is no longer his main passion. Why are you implying he's desperate?

TheFedora said:
In before people say 'Old Indy bookend'.

You lost today, kid..

I'm pretty sure, at least.

Since he's done star wars 7 you can see he's got this relentless determination now to do his dream film Indy 5. And I don't think that was bull**** with him using Star wars 7 as a bargaining tool to get indy5, with Disney. What they going to do say no to him...? He walks out of the door.

Indy1Jones2

Túrin Turambar said:
Since he's done star wars 7 you can see he's got this relentless determination now to do his dream film Indy 5. And I don't think that was bull**** with him using Star wars 7 as a bargaining tool to get indy5, with Disney. What they going to do say no to him...? He walks out of the door.

Yeah it's Indy 5 or he's walking.

IndyForever

Indy Jones said:
Show a little optimism here its no pipe dream to Disney if they want to recoup their massive Lucasfilm purchase ;) Ford is a key part to that but agreeing to die onscreen in EP7 (if true) means he threw his lifeline away unless he has something in writing or trusts Disney as he could have withdrew from EP7 after getting injured & got his lawyers involved then refused to return imagine how much money that would have cost Disney :whip:

Ford is a man of his word just like Indy. I just hope the key Disney execs (Alan Horn + Bob Iger honour their word to Ford on Indy 5).

Z dweller

Gear said:
Why?? Lulz, he's not a starving artist, able to do what he enjoys and maybe acting is no longer his main passion. Why are you implying he's desperate?
I am not.

Would he play an elderly Bozo the clown? Maybe not.

Would he take the leading role in Disney's Indy 5, even without the beards on board? I think he would.

In fact I believe he may well be prepared to accept even a cameo or bookend role, if the script were good.

Finn said:
And then they do Ep VII anyway, just without him.

What I'm saying is it was a high priority to get ford back for episode 7. And with his reluctance to go back to the role, they where willing to do anything to get him back.....who wants the sequel to Return of the Jedi with out Hand Solo anyway? I Certainly don't. K?

He knew this..."give me Indiana Jones.5..!! Or bye bye Han Solo."

Something like that I think.

Lambonius

Why is there any reason to think Ford himself is the kind of Indy fanboy who would make Indy5 a bargaining chip over starring in what is bound to be one of the biggest blockbusters in the last several years (Star Wars VII?) That whole "Ford is dying to make Indy5" thing has always been a fanboy rumor, has it not? Point me to the Ford quote where he's begging for the chance to be in Indy5.