L.A. Noire

Goodsport

collections-thegirl.jpg

Original cover art illustrated specially for the short fiction series. Left: L.A. Noire: The Collected Stories, the full anthology of all eight tales in one eBook compilation which will be available for download June 6th. Right: Read an excerpt from the first story to be released, Megan Abbott's "The Girl", available today for your reading pleasure.

-G

kongisking

Film noir is now one of my favorite genres (thanks, Bogie), and this game looks soooooo cool. Too bad I lack the system. :(

Goodsport

kongisking said:
Film noir is now one of my favorite genres (thanks, Bogie), and this game looks soooooo cool. Too bad I lack the system. :(

Don't worry, you have almost two weeks to get a system for the game. :) Will you choose the Playstation 3 or the Xbox 360 (or both?)?

Also, I've recently dug through my DVD collection and so far have found The Maltese Falcon and L.A. Confidential, both of which I hadn't seen in quite a while. Should I watch them as both in preparation for L.A. Noire? :confused:

-G

kongisking

Goodsport said:
Don't worry, you have almost two weeks to get a system for the game. :) Will you choose the Playstation 3 or the Xbox 360 (or both?)?

Also, I've recently dug through my DVD collection and so far have found The Maltese Falcon and L.A. Confidential, both of which I hadn't seen in quite a while. Should I watch them as both in preparation for L.A. Noire? :confused:

-G

They're both terrific. Go for it.

Goodsport

kongisking said:
They're both terrific. Go for it.

Thanks. I'll indeed have a marathon with those two. :)

I also just found a DVD of 1987's The Untouchables. Even though that story takes place about 15 years or so before the events of L.A. Noire, should I include it my marathon as well? :confused:

-G

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Goodsport said:
Thanks. I'll indeed have a marathon with those two. :)

I also just found a DVD of 1987's The Untouchables. Even though that story takes place about 15 years or so before the events of L.A. Noire, should I include it my marathon as well? :confused:

It's one hell of a movie, if you haven't seen it before. Superb David Mamet script, Ennio Morricone score, and some unusually good work from Costner.

Goodsport

Attila the Professor said:
It's one hell of a movie, if you haven't seen it before. Superb David Mamet script, Ennio Morricone score, and some unusually good work from Costner.

As with the other two movies mentioned, I've seen this one once or twice before but a long time ago, so I'll gladly add it into my marathon. :cool: Will it also help as a primer for this game? :confused:

Thanks for the help. :)

-G

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Goodsport said:
As with the other two movies mentioned, I've seen this one once or twice before but a long time ago, so I'll gladly add it into my marathon. :cool: Will it also help as a primer for this game? :confused:

Well, it might teach you how to stride purposefully down the city streets while dealing with crooks and crooked cops...sure.

Goodsport

Is L.A. Noire the spiritual successor to Sierra's Police Quest series (albeit set in 1947 rather than in the present day)? :confused:

-G

Goodsport

L.A. Noire - Official Launch Trailer

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xk69qfTRIgY" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Finn

Staff member
Goodsport said:
L.A. Noire - Official Launch Trailer
Surprisingly action-centric, almost GTA-esque considering all the never-seen features this game is supposed to hold.

Goodsport

L.A. Noire - Official Launch TV Commercial

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mAFpxEi4Rqg" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>