Raiding The Lost Ark - New Project

jambedavdar

After the success of Star Wars Begins, Building Empire and Returning to Jedi, I have decided to embark upon a new project. Namely, "Raiding the Lost Ark".

I am a big fan of Raiders, its one of my favourite movies, but I am by no means an expert, at least not in the same way that I am with Star Wars. So, I kindly request help from you lovely people.

If you have anything you could contribute, then please get in touch. I am looking for rare behind the scenes videos (I have the official ones), stills of deleted scenes and any interviews with cast and crew that might help me piece together a commentary.

Once again, I would be grateful for any help you could offer.

Many Thanks
J

JayDee

Wow, incredible news :) I am such a big fan of your SW documentaries. You did some amazing work on them. Can´t really contribute with Indy related stuff, but I will watch this project here with great interest. You won´t disappoint, I know that already :whip:

inky_skin

jambedavdar said:
If you have anything you could contribute, then please get in touch. I am looking for rare behind the scenes videos (I have the official ones), stills of deleted scenes and any interviews with cast and crew that might help me piece together a commentary.

Stoo might be the man to speak to regarding rare footage...

jambedavdar

WillKill4Food said:
For starters, come up with a better title.

Wow, what a positive start.

Happy to hear any suggestions on the title. To be honest, that's the least important part at the moment though.

KarmicCurse

Wonderful! Your SW videos were just incredibly informative and well made. Looking forward to this.

You should have a job editing special features on DVDs.

Dr Bones

WillKill4Food said:
For starters, come up with a better title.

Personally I like it.

Well, I can't think of a better one anyway. Raiders of the lost archives? meh! (y)

Good luck, I am off to find your other videos right now. :cool:

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Hi Jamie-

Another great resource (besides Stoo) would be Adam McDaniel who can tell you all about Richard Amsel's iconic artwork used for the Raiders one sheet and he talked about the man and the exhibit they had on an episode of the IndyCast... then there's comic legend Jim Steranko who created the Indy look in Pre production art - that audio interview can be found on the IndyCast..

jambedavdar

RaiderMitch said:
Hi Jamie-

Another great resource (besides Stoo) would be Adam McDaniel who can tell you all about Richard Amsel's iconic artwork used for the Raiders one sheet and he talked about the man and the exhibit they had on an episode of the IndyCast... then there's comic legend Jim Steranko who created the Indy look in Pre production art - that audio interview can be found on the IndyCast..

Thanks dude. Much appreciated.

Shame I can't make it to any of the 30th Anniversary screenings. There are a few members of the crew doing Q & A sessions. Do let me know if any of you hope to attend.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
In terms of cast interviews- be sure to look up Indycast #123. It has the Q & A panel with Karen Allen at Armageddon Expo in Sydney, courtesy of yours truly. I managed to ask a couple of Raiders questions in that recording.

Stoo

Hi, Jamie. I'm the Stoo guy who Inky & Mitch mentioned earlier and I really enjoyed your "Star Wars" documentaries. (Haven't watched the one for "Return of the Jedi" yet.) Truly astounding work!:hat:

Making something similar for "Raiders" will prove a challenge due to limited resources. While there is a lot of material out there, it is nowhere near the wealth of stuff for "Star Wars". Creating a product on-par with your previous efforts is a mighty task.

Anyway, to start, I'd like to bring your attention to one topic in particular: A supposed, unique TV broadcast version of "Raiders".
Raiders of the Lost Ark on TV from the 90's or 80's
jambedavdar said:
Wow, what a positive start.

Happy to hear any suggestions on the title. To be honest, that's the least important part at the moment though.
Your proposed title is fine.
Dr Bones said:
Well, I can't think of a better one anyway. Raiders of the lost archives? meh!(y)
That's the title I used for my project. Please check it out, Jamie.
Raiders of the Lost Archives

Lance Quazar

That is EXCELLENT!

I haven't watched the SW docs, but now I have my homework assignment for the next week.

Wow, can't wait to see more of this project and catch up with your old ones.

THANK YOU!

Billy Ray

Just saw this on AICN. Can't wait for this to be finished! The Star Wars ones were excellent, way better than any of the "official" documentaries out there if you ask me.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
That was good. That was very, very good. :hat:

I'm curious to see, if your structure is working your way through the film, how much material you'll be able to come come up with on less iconic scenes. But this definitely piques my interest...