The Dark Knight

indytim

I'm hoping that the character of Rachel Dawes will be making her last appearance in this film (maybe she'll perish at the hands of the Joker) and that in a possible third movie the new lady in Bruce's life will be Celina Kyle aka Catwoman (y)

Niteshade007

I think Gyllenhaal is quite cute, although not quite stunning. I do like her replacing Holmes though, as I've never been a fan of hers.

Yes, Dawes will probably die in this one, which makes me kind of sad, as I do really like Gyllenhaal and would like to see her in more films, but if it means that Catwoman would step in, then I'd be okay with it. However, I haven't heard anything that sounds legitimate about that.

Niteshade007

Good trailer, but it's basically the same as the last one. I have to agree with another poster over there, it's beginning to look like the only action scene is that truck blowing up in the street.

agentsands77

Niteshade007 said:
I have to agree with another poster over there, it's beginning to look like the only action scene is that truck blowing up in the street.
If that were true, I'd rejoice. But I think it's just Nolan being stingy with footage (and we have seen footage from many different action sequences in these trailers).

Niteshade007

agentsands77 said:
If that were true, I'd rejoice. But I think it's just Nolan being stingy with footage (and we have seen footage from many different action sequences in these trailers).

I was being facetious, but it does seem odd that that particular shot is shown in every trailer.

agentsands77

Niteshade007 said:
I was being facetious, but it does seem odd that that particular shot is shown in every trailer.
Well, it's a big money shot. And money shots typically get repeated from trailer to trailer with these franchise films.

Katarn07

Just thought I'd pop in and announce that Dark Horizons reported the running time to be 152 minutes. Take that for what you will. I was hoping for a good 2.5-3.0 hour Batman movie and it looks like I'll get my wish.

RocketSledFight

Katarn07 said:
Just thought I'd pop in and announce that Dark Horizons reported the running time to be 152 minutes. Take that for what you will. I was hoping for a good 2.5-3.0 hour Batman movie and it looks like I'll get my wish.

If this means preventing an overly packed monstrosity like Spider Man 3?
Yessss. Bring it.

The Man

Katarn07 said:

That's wonderful news. Many people are already drawing comparisons between The Dark Knight and crime epics like Heat. This running time would certainly suggest a deep and thorough examination of hero and villian(s). And yes, that is a good thing...

Niteshade007

Creepy. I heard about this footage a while ago. Glad to see it finally made it onto the internet. Apparently that photo of Two-Face has some validity. It looks similar enough.

The Man

Niteshade007 said:
Creepy. I heard about this footage a while ago. Glad to see it finally made it onto the internet. Apparently that photo of Two-Face has some validity. It looks similar enough.

The audio doesn't work for me. What's the exchange between Harvey and the customer?

Niteshade007

Okay, the bartender leaves to go to the bathroom. We hear a door creaking moments later. The customer asks "Now what, need somebody to shake it for you?" Then, Harvey steps into the frame. The customer says "Dent? Jesus...I thought you was dead..." Harvey replies "Half."

The Man

...and juicy new stills...

http://www.filmofilia.com/2008/06/23/eight-brand-new-the-dark-knight-photos/

img_6.jpg