The Dark Knight Rises

The Man

Niteshade007 said:
Haha, this made me laugh. It's probably not real, but thought I'd post it anyway.

Eddie Murphy as The Riddler
Rachel Weisz as Catwoman
and Shia LaBeouf as Robin

And I thought my jokes were bad...

The Man

The Golden Idol said:
Oh, why so serious?

Ooh-Hoo-Hoo-Haa-Haa-Haa...

mcg-to-direct-batman-3--800-75.jpg

"Some men just want to watch the world burn. Grrr. Arrr..."

TheMutt92

Producer on the film...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/featuresnews.php?id=7973

We asked Roven the status of the next film and he said, "Right now even though I'm the producer of 'The Dark Knight' I'm kind of like everybody. I'm waiting to see what Chris [Nolan] and David Goyer come up with and if they come up and decide if there is something worthy of making another iteration of Batman and 'The Dark Knight'... The most important thing right now like we did with the last one is that we want to make sure there is a reason to make it. In other words feel like we can do something different than we had done before. We felt we had accomplished that. If we find that again, then I think we'll come back to the floor. If we don't, I don't know what we'll do."

We asked him if he personally thought there is a story for a third film and he told us, "I would certainly like to see one get made."

Niteshade007

jamesdude said:
Why dont they go the route that the Dick Tracy film took?

Cram 20 or something villians into one movie.

I've never read the comic strip, but Dick Tracy is one of my favorite movies. I think that the mass amount of villains works for Dick Tracy in a way that wouldn't be possible for the Batman villains. For Dick Tracy, you have a large group of mafia members (plus a couple extra characters like The Tramp and Breathless). Those can fit together quite easily. Put them all in a gang, and make most of them mere cameos. They aren't really strong enough screen characters to hold their own for a film anyway.

Also, there was worry that there wouldn't be a sequel, so they put in as many as possible to appease fans of the comic. For Batman, you don't really have that worry. We pretty much know that Batman will be around for a while. Even if The Dark Knight is Nolan's last Batman, someone will make another Batman film down the line. There really isn't that sense of guarantee for Dick Tracy. It's not nearly as popular, so it was important to cram as many as you can in one film.

Katarn07

DocWhiskey said:

If he isn't having fun with our heads (which he may very well have been doing), I believe he's been approached to reprise his role. Yes, Two-Face is dead. And yes, Christopher Nolan isn't the type of person to go back and change that for a sequel.

But has anyone seen all of Christopher Nolan's films? Apart from TDK, they are all non-linear tales. Following, Memento, The Prestige, and even Batman Begins are told out of order or chock full of flashbacks.

Another thing to support this theory is when asked who the "5 dead" were Gordon mentions at the end of TDK, Nolan says that's a story for another time.

DocWhiskey

Katarn07 said:
Another thing to support this theory is when asked who the "5 dead" were Gordon mentions at the end of TDK, Nolan says that's a story for another time.

I'm not calling you out or anything, but I'm an ENORMOUS Batman fan and have been following TDK from 2005 to today virals and all and I never came across that quote.

Is it from a magazine or website interview? Just interested is all.

agentsands77

Katarn07 said:
Yeah, but I don't think that supports anything about Two-Face's fate. Just that Nolan has some ideas about how he might want to play on that later on.

Katarn07

DocWhiskey said:
Is it from a magazine or website interview? Just interested is all.

http://www.batman-on-film.com/BATMAN3_nolan-talks-batman3-TDK-BDlive_12-19-08.html

That doesn't mean that the mysterious 5 dead are actually going to be related to the events of BB3. But it's all we really have to go on for plot at the moment so I can't help but dream.

agentsands77 said:
Yeah, but I don't think that supports anything about Two-Face's fate. Just that Nolan has some ideas about how he might want to play on that later on.

Reread my post. Nolan isn't going to change Harvey's fate. But maybe--just maybe--he'll have Harvey presented through flashbacks to explain who these 5 were Gordon mentions.

NoCamels

My thoughts on what should be in Batman 3:

At the end of the Dark Knight, Batman is on the run, and taking the blame for the 5 people Harvey killed. So, he has to prove to the city (or the cops, at least) that he is a force for good and didn't kill anyone. That has to be resolved, and if Harvey shows up at all, I think it should only be in flashbacks to what really happened.

Bruce really did seem to be placing any hope of a normal life/relationship on Rachel. Now that she's dead, he has to deal with that. Does he go down a darker path, realizing there is no good way out? What does he think of the prospect that there is no end in sight? Is being Batman for the rest of his life a good thing, or a curse?

I think this could be a good way to get Catwoman in. Bruce/Batman is intrigued by Selina/Catwoman, and he probably feels a bit lonely as his one true love/one of the few people he trusts with his secret Rachel is gone now. However, when Bruce finds out that Selina is Catwoman, he realizes it can't work. Catwoman, I think is the most logical villain, and also the most popular one that hasn't been done yet by Nolan. (but please, do not cast Angelina Jolie. She's too obvious.)

As for other possibilities and villains, Deadshot could be good (though he might make people think of Wanted). Possibly Hush, but the whole point of Hush was that you thought it could be one of the other villains in disguise, so I'm not sure how you'd do that at this point in time. Same with the Holiday Killer, maybe. I think they could pull off bringing back Ra's Al Ghul if they really wanted, but I doubt it. The Ventriloquist would be interesting, but I've always wondered why his henchmen take the puppet seriously. I never really liked the Riddler. I love Harley, but she needs the Joker. Based on Ra's comments in Batman Begins, I don't think Talia Al Ghul is a serious possibility.

The Mad Hatter would be really creepy in the Nolan-verse. I'd suggest the storyline where he kidnaps a bunch of runaway kids, including Barbara Gordon, and makes them have a tea party with Babs as Alice. (Of course, I'm a huge Batgirl fan, so I just want her to show up. Forget Robin.)

Last edited:

YouNeverKnow

^^
I'd love that as a great hearkening back to Loeb/Sale's work. Both the Catwoman angle and the Had Hatter stuff, which were in Dark Victory and the second Halloween Special respectively. They already had much of their story for TDK hinged on The Long Halloween so I think it would be appropriate to pursue those lines further.

Indy fan 235

I love Loeb and Sales Batman work.

I'd like to see either the Riddler in it, a real smart riddler who is every bit a challenge for Batman's mind. Or even a Mad Hatter one, a real obsessed guy with the Wonderland stories, though I think Riddler would be used before him.

I just hope they can come up with a story as good as the last film, if not, don't do it just for the sake of doing it. Topping Dark Knight is going to be tough.

The Man

2011..?

Uslan will be onboard as executive producer for the "Dark Knight" sequel, which he estimates will be in theaters by 2011. As for the identity of the next round of Batman's supervillains and love interests, Uslan remains tight-lipped. "It's one of those deals where if I told you, I'd have to kill you," he says with a chuckle.

Mega Hmmmmmmmm...

TheMutt92

Confirmed...?

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=12113

It was recently announced that "The Dark Knight" director Christopher Nolan will next be helming a sci-fi film called "Inception" for Warner Bros. If you're worried that this will somehow impact a third Batman movie, don't be.

Batman-on-Film has found out from three separate sources that Nolan's recent deal with Warners for the film "Inception" includes an agreement between the studio and himself to helm his second sequel to "Batman Begins."

This means that Warner Bros is more than happy to fund Nolan's "Inception" as long as he directs a third Batman film.

In addition, IGN has just found out that Nolan is the only screenwriter currently attached to Batman 3. Studios and guild members are required to submit work lists to the guilds of the projects that they are on. Warner Bros submitted a listing that shows Nolan as the sole writer. Apparently, neither Jonathan Nolan or David Goyer are officially involved yet.