General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Indy's brother

caats said:
rehashing a past macguffin would be a big mistake.

I think that for the FINAL onscreen chapter of the Indy saga, the Ark would be a perfect bookend. I've mentioned it elsewhere in these threads (somewhere). There is a reference to Raiders in every IJ film after it, I think it would seem obvious that his fate is linked with the Ark. Why else has God allowed him to live through all of his adventures so far? I think that for the end of the final chapter, the Ark and Indy just be destroyed together in a total fx fireworks show. Saving the earth from forces they couldn't possibly understand. After all, it is a source of unspeakable power and must be...blown back to God?

muttjones

DoomsdayFAN said:
More Whip
More Booby traps
Better climax
WAYYYYY better score
Return of the Ark as a Co-Maguffin :rolleyes:

are what Indy 5 needs.

I though the score was amazing like john williams always is.

otherwise all those are right but you forgot more gunfire.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
UltimateManGod said:
Now, I don't know if this has been said, but if there was a 5th, Indy should go to Australia. It makes perfect sense. It's the only inhabited continent Indy hasn't been to during the big movie story lines, and it would mean all the odd numbered movies feature desert locations as main locations, and the even numbered ones feature jungles. I don't know of any myths, legends, etc. that Indy could go for there, but I'm sure some of our resident Australians could give a hand.

I'm sorry to say but there's nothing cool here that would work. And in any case, I would rather Indy doesn't if there is to be a fifth one. I go to the movies to escape, not to see where I live. The only thing if anything would the Rainbow Serpent or the Bunyip and even that would be more Mummy or Tomb Raider territory and is rather lame if you ask me.

Darth Vile

Violet Indy said:
I'm sorry to say but there's nothing cool here that would work. And in any case, I would rather Indy doesn't if there is to be a fifth one. I go to the movies to escape, not to see where I live. The only thing if anything would the Rainbow Serpent or the Bunyip and even that would be more Mummy or Tomb Raider territory and is rather lame if you ask me.

I don't know... I could see Ayers Rock being a good geographical location for a Indiana Jones movie climax.

Vendetta08

Lucas wants another Indy adventure, Ford would be up for it, many fans would see it. The only dilemma is Spielberg. Not that he doesn't want to do it- he probably would. The problem is that Spielberg has several films on his plate already.

He is already prepping TinTin which he will direct the first, produce the second, and co-direct the third. Then he will direct Lincoln supposedly starring Liam Neeson(perfect choice), he is also creating a new sci-fi series he's named Interstellar which he wants to direct and he's also signed on to direct The trial of the Chicago 7 based on real events.

He has a lot on his plate, by the time he's finished with all of those other films Ford and Lucas will be in their 70s and Berg will be following. Just like with Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, everyone's schedule had prevented them from making Indy 4 sooner. Only this time they don't have another 20 years to waste.

caats

hasn't Tin Tin been derailed because no companies will do it? also, he dropped out of the Chicago 7 movie a lil while ago

James

No Ticket said:
I think they're aware of their time constraint and that Spielberg would "make" time if a script is ready soon.

I agree, and suspect they probably discussed the possibility before starting KOTCS. After all, they know how long it took to make Indy 4, and how often each of them had to address the issue. There was no reason to open that can of worms again, unless they were serious about making another film. I'm sure most people were expecting Indy 4 to be billed as a swansong anyway.

As for Spielberg, he pretty much always has a full plate on his hands.

clorrificus

Indy's brother said:
I think that for the FINAL onscreen chapter of the Indy saga, the Ark would be a perfect bookend. I've mentioned it elsewhere in these threads (somewhere). There is a reference to Raiders in every IJ film after it, I think it would seem obvious that his fate is linked with the Ark. Why else has God allowed him to live through all of his adventures so far? I think that for the end of the final chapter, the Ark and Indy just be destroyed together in a total fx fireworks show. Saving the earth from forces they couldn't possibly understand. After all, it is a source of unspeakable power and must be...blown back to God?
i don't think that indy should be killed....maybe at the end the museum could get the ark after all? idk but either way, exploring the powers of the ark once more could be really awesome.

kongisking

What I find extremely annoying is how everyone keeps saying that Atlantis should be next for Indy 5. Hello? Did you forget about FATE OF ATLANTIS? They already did Atlantis in the Indy universe!!!!!!!!!! Honestly, guys, get a memory check! Don't f-up the continuity!!!

Man, you guys are like Dori from Finding Nemo...so forgetful...:confused:

sandiegojones

I read the Allen article but personally I hope they go the TOD route and have Indy 5 take place in 1956 before KOTCS. I loved that Marion was able to come back and I like Mutt, but what makes each film fun is that they each seem like independent stories and if too many people keep returning then it feels more linear, just like every other sequel. I personally don't want Marion back. It's nice that Indy got married, but I don't want his married life to be seen on screen.

If they do the TOD thing though where he's right in the middle of an adventure and doesn't come back to Marshall College they should avoid the love interest so as not to confuse people. Indy doesn't need another love interest.