General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters
Indy's brother said:
Just an observation here, aside from Pat Roach's incarnations and Indy himself, doesn't this make Shia's "Mutt" the only recurring character to appear sequentially from one film to the next in this series?
It would make him an actor in the company of Harrison Pat Roach and Frank Marshall. As a character, it would be just him and Indy...

Texas

Has anyone else tried to confirm Shia's quote by asking Frank Marshall on his twitter page? He was the guy that debunked the Bermuda Triangle story and he also said that allegedly no filming would take place next year.

http://twitter.com/LeDoctor

Wilhelm

Spielberg is directing now "War Horse" in England so I don't know when Shia looked at the script.

Indy 5 could have been possible if they decided to shoot it right after KOTCS, but it's now 2 years after, Ford is too old and the resolution of Indy married and with a son makes very dificult to find a new approach for a next movie.

Maybe an animated series, the only field where Indy could survive. (Set in the 1930s and 40s)

Hate to say it, but it would be "crazy" if Spielberg encouraged him to milk Indy V rumours for press...

Crazy as in, there is no Indy V, there never will be so use it as you will.

caats

Wilhelm said:
Spielberg is directing now "War Horse" in England so I don't know when Shia looked at the script.

and shia is filming in chicago. but there was no time period put on this.

Mungi

Texas said:
Has anyone else tried to confirm Shia's quote by asking Frank Marshall on his twitter page?

I did.

Oh, let's hope it's true!(y)

If not, then it's just another proof that everybody wants to see another one - the whole world is writing about.

Texas

Don't count out Jonathan Nolan being a potential script writer. He's already working on Spielberg's future film "Interstellar."

lao che & sons

arkfinder said:
I thought they were going to start filming next spring. I could be wrong. But, I thought that was a little blip a while back.

I believe that was Karen Allen's aliby for not being able to go to a comic convention in New Hampshire or someting ike that. I've heard so many blibs now that I bet if we took the 5th letter (Indy 5) in each quote it would make a secret message giving away the plot of Indy 5

Prime Blue

Texas said:
Can anyone here confirm whether Shia did indeed utter those words regarding Indy 5? How reliable is that website?
This here indicates we should take the report with a huge grain of salt. News tips usually are a feeding ground for bogus rumors. There is also the possibility that the site did it for clicks, which was pretty successful then, I'd say.

Goonie

I've been pondering something, if the rumours about the Bermuda Triangle are true, how's Dan Aykroyd gonna sell booze based on this? Bermuda Triangle Mojito Mix in a triangle-shaped bottle? ;) :rolleyes:

Vendetta08

Wilhelm said:

Indy 5 could have been possible if they decided to shoot it right after KOTCS, but it's now 2 years after, Ford is too old and the resolution of Indy married and with a son makes very dificult to find a new approach for a next movie.

Maybe an animated series, the only field where Indy could survive. (Set in the 1930s and 40s)

Fully agreed. I don't want an Indy film where Indy has a wife and son tailing behind him.

Grizzlor

I would love to see an animated series, but I want one more Indy film. As for "crazy," well we'll see. IMO, Lucas's Saucer Men MacGuffin was not a bad idea. The problem was Independence Day came out and they had to shelve it. The execution in the fourth film was the problem.

Indy's brother

Prime Blue said:
This here indicates we should take the report with a huge grain of salt. News tips usually are a feeding ground for bogus rumors. There is also the possibility that the site did it for clicks, which was pretty successful then, I'd say.

I guess that depends on what that site's policy is on following up on leads. There has to be some kind of way they legitimize their stories, otherwise, it would be all fictional and no one would visit.

I'm not saying that this is or isn't bogus, just sayin'.....

Texas

Well its been a couple days since ShowBizSpy posted that story, and so far no one from Lucasfilm or anyone else connected to Indy 5 has debunked Shia's quote. If I remember correctly the Bermuda Triangle rumors were shot down quickly. And a bunch of news outlets are starting to pick up the story now.

Indy's brother

Texas said:
Well its been a couple days since ShowBizSpy posted that story, and so far no one from Lucasfilm or anyone else connected to Indy 5 has debunked Shia's quote. If I remember correctly the Bermuda Triangle rumors were shot down quickly. And a bunch of news outlets are starting to pick up the story now.

It's just a matter of time before someone else involved says something. Not crazy about Mutt, but but I really want to believe this. That's no big secret, and neither is the fact that HF, GL, and SS want to expand on his character by way of developing Indy's family life into the mix. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if Indy 5 took some cues from LC with a role reversal, which would be fine with me, as long as Indy stays center stage. ;)