Tim Burton's Addams Family

Eric Solo

I think it's time for Tim Burton to revive the Addams Family franchise. It's been long enough. It will be tough to top the cast from the previous movies, but I have some ideas:

Gomez: Javier Bardem (provided he can bring the funny)

Morticia: Ayelet Zurer

Uncle Fester: Brian Baumgartner (Kevin from The Office)

Grandmama: Cloris Leachman

The kid from Two and a half Men woulda been great as Pugsley, but he's too old now.

Any ideas?

The Man

Eric Solo said:
I think it's time for Tim Burton to revive the Addams Family franchise. It's been long enough. It will be tough to top the cast from the previous movies, but I have some ideas:

Gomez: Javier Bardem (provided he can bring the funny)

Morticia: Ayelet Zurer

Uncle Fester: Brian Baumgartner (Kevin from The Office)

Grandmama: Cloris Leachman

The kid from Two and a half Men woulda been great as Pugsley, but he's too old now.

Any ideas?

Hee-hee. Javier would indeed make a fine Gomez.

TheDarkCrusader

I remember for a short time being mistaken that it was Tim who directed the Addams Family movies in the nineties because the style seemed similar to Edward Scissorhands and Beetle Juice which were released around that time. I think Tim Burton would be great for Addams Family although I'd be afraid he would screw it up by casting stars that are usually in his movies. How about Robert Downey Jr. as Gomez and Monica Belluci as Morticia? They're fresh faces that have yet to appear in a Burton film.

RedeemedChild

Well I still enjoy the classic The Addams Family television series that still airs on TV Land.

I'm not at all excited about a new Addams Family movie for fear it'd be pure garbage just like Nicole Kidman's Bewitched or Lindsay Lohan's The Parent Trap which was a remake of Haley Mills The Parent Trap (Lindsay Lohan could never top Haley Mills).

I do not like any of the previously manufactured Addams Family movies as they are no where near as good as the television series or comics created by Charles Addams. I do however like the M&Ms Dark Chocolate Addams Family parodies and television adds. It's to bad there are no M&Ms Dark Chocolate Addams Family cartoons or video games.

I would support however an animated Addams Family television series on Cartoon Network.

Better yet to be very precise I don't think we need another Addams Family live action movie at all. I think it is time for an animated Addams Family movie similar to the recent stop-motion 3-D fantasy film Caroline. If there is to be another Addams Family movie I'd like to see it a stop-motion 3-D fantasy animated Addams Family film created similarly to or in the same manner and style as Caroline and it would also be nice if the makers of Caroline Henry Selick and Pete Kozachik were to have part in bringing the Addams Family back to both the box office and television.

PhantomStranger

Lane, Neuwirth to Star in Addams Family - The Musical
By Matt Brady
posted: 12 May 2009 05:53 am ET
Sure, sure, Spider-Man is heading to Broadway in a multi-million dollar musical that will have all the glitz and glamor that can be wrung out of the Great White Way, but comparatively quietly, another comics? based property has been heading to Broadway as well.

Nathan Lane and Bebe Neuwirth will play Gomez and Morticia Addams in The Addams Family, a musical based on the original comic series by Charles Addams - this according to Variety. The two had been working with the production in workshops during the development of the musical.

The cast also includes Jackie Hoffman ("Hairspray") as Grandmama, Kevin Chamberlin ("Seussical") as Uncle Fester, and Krysta Rodriguez ("Spring Awakening") as Wednesday, Zachary James ("South Pacific") as Lurch and Adam Riegler ("Shrek the Musical") as Pugsley Addams.

The story of the musical involves Wednesday falling for a normal person, played by Wesley Taylor, and is slated to open next April on Broadway, with an out-of-town opening in Chicago's Oriental Theatre on November 13th.

"The Addams Family" originally appeared in The New Yorker between 1938 and Addams' death in 1988.

Vendetta08

Meh, we don't need Tim Burton to make an Adams Family movie. He's a decent director but he honestly would bring NOTHING to the Adams Family that isn't already present. Black and white stripes, pale skinned characters with dark eye circles, dark humor, comical, etc. Burton practically ripped off Charles Adams.