How Will it End?

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
Re: Sometimes...

Broomhandle Davis said:
Randy_Flagg said:
For those who may have missed the obvious:

My "dark ending" scenario was a JOKE! I think BroomhandleDavis got it though (and I like the twist he put on it.)

Sometimes you have to talk v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y around here if you are making a joke. And maybe repeat yourself several times.

:) Welcome to the forum of retards Broom :)
I don't think anyone took it seriously, well at least I hope...

[Edited by vaxer on 08-16-2002 at 02:02 am]

jimmi

indy was inspired by serials, so why make 2 indiana jones movies into a joing serial, where the beginning of indy5 takes place at the end of indy4. but i am probably getting ahead of myself.

00Kevin

Indyfan
the indy films shouldn't tie in to each other, they're not that kind of a series. don't worry about setting up a sequal, if it happens, it happens if it doesn't, you get the Idea

bob

It would be great too have a really long proper climax to the Indy series after 16 years of waiting.

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
jones said:
I just hope they don't try TOO hard to make everyone love it

So do I, I hope it's not too child oriented. I hope that what happened for SW(E1) won't happen for IJ4.

BananaJones

Fanboy said:
I envision Indy walking up a long cliff, we see his profile, and then Indy quickly turns around and flashes the whip at the camera.....
Very nice ending, Fanboy.

I think continuity would be nice. Very similar to QueZTone
was saying. Have the old Indy pass the fedoral to his son/daughter, and have a different actor/actress play the role thus continuing the Jones saga. However, if he borne a daughter, it may be too closely similar to Relic Hunter. This is just my opinion, other possible endings provided in the topic are awesome. We''ll have to see what happens.....

00Kevin

Indyfan
you know, to tell you the truth, I would perhaps like the film done on the much greater budjet then it is intended.

compare the SW trilogy to the new ones
raiders to LC
goldfinger to Goldeneye

the older films, done at a low budjet, come out better, sometimes trying too hard is the ultimate flaw.

anywho, back to the topic, I think indy films should end more mysteriously lik in raiders, it just seems like that's how the film should end. but I don't know how to do that with out copying raiders.

00Kevin

Indyfan
okay, here's one. you know how indy loses the relic every film.

in raiders the government took it
in temple he gave it back to the villigers
in LC elsa droped it in the abyss/pit/hole ect. (the most widly used one in most films nowadays, expecially for bigfoot)

well, how shall he lose it in the end of indy 4?

I'm thinking, if it's something like the garden of Eden, indy will leave it and not tell anyone, this way it would not be flooded with people everyday. whadda you say?

jones

BananaJones said:
Fanboy said:
I envision Indy walking up a long cliff, we see his profile, and then Indy quickly turns around and flashes the whip at the camera.....
Very nice ending, Fanboy.

I think continuity would be nice. Very similar to QueZTone
was saying. Have the old Indy pass the fedoral to his son/daughter, and have a different actor/actress play the role thus continuing the Jones saga. However, if he borne a daughter, it may be too closely similar to Relic Hunter. This is just my opinion, other possible endings provided in the topic are awesome. We''ll have to see what happens.....
Would be WAY too close to Tomb Raider too. Everyone would think Indy is copying Tomb Raider then.

jones

vaxer said:
jones said:
I just hope they don't try TOO hard to make everyone love it

So do I, I hope it's not too child oriented. I hope that what happened for SW(E1) won't happen for IJ4.
I agree but I don't think that will happen. Lucas didn't have all the technology he wanted while filming the original Star Wars movies. Star Wars is alot more based on CGI then Indy would ever be. Star Wars is more fantasy. Indy is mroe reality in my opinion.

bob

I seriously doubt that the whole child subplot will be too much, as if it was used it could like some plant take over the whole film, and it would be seen rightly as a gimmic to keep the Indy films churning out, if Indy has a child they can only be of two types really:
1.Indy II - Another Version of Indy
2. Completely different - this means that they will almost save Indys life

BananaJones

I dunno about this. In Last Crusade, Indy drank the holy water with Jesus' cup, therefore, he gets enternal life. So did Indy's dad. But I remember the last knight saying if you leave past the insigna on the ground, you'll forfeit enternal life. So if I'm wrong about this, it would be impossible for Indy to die. So death would be out of the question in Indy Four. Can someone clear this up for me? :confused:

jones

Well when Elsa crossed the thingy what ever it's called their mortal again. That's why Indy put the cup down first because it was meant to stay there. I'm sure if i'm wrong The Big Three aren't stupid enough to not realize it!

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
A paraphrase (and I stress paraphrase): "Who so ever passes the Great Seal forits eternal life, for it you want to stay alive for all eternity you must say here in my place...that is price of immortaliy."

00Kevin

Indyfan
he never said that,

he "but the grail cannot cross the great seal, that is the boundry, and the price of imortality"

he didn't say anything about staying or leaving

lemme guess, you just posted to see who would respond first

BananaJones

Since the cup passed the marker, and caused the destruction; so that means Indy and Henry Jones Sr. forfeit their enternal life thus making them mortal again?

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
00Kevin said:
lemme guess, you just posted to see who would respond first

DARN IT! 00Kev is getting too smart! We must destroy him!:)
I said it was a paraphrase...but yes I did post to see who, if anyone, would remark about what I said.