Disneyland Indiana Jones Jackets

Deckard

Attila the Professor said:
Get yourself a high quality jacket, by all means, but to get it <I>because</I> it's the sort that Indiana Jones wore? That seems wrong to me.
Your the mod of an Indiana Jones forum and you don't understand why Indy has an influence on people, did you wonder into this forum by accident?

MankindRam

Nurhachi1991 said:
Thank you! Thats all i was looking for just to see if anyone else thought the jacket was cool :D

not 1 million comments saying its not 100 percent screen accurate which i already knew it wasnt

No problem man, I have a nice Incredibles coat that I love, but this would definitely buy if I could find one in the NY area :( I just love seeing Indy stuff coming out again!

MankindRam said:
No problem man, I have a nice Incredibles coat that I love, but this would definitely buy if I could find one in the NY area :( I just love seeing Indy stuff coming out again!

I've owned that same jacket for a few years now - and get stopped on the street all the time to compliment me on it and ask where I bought it.

Great purchase man!

LD

Nurhachi1991

yeah its a great jacket i know its made out of high quality leather and is the offical jacket of the indiana jones ride...... I could careless like i said before if it looks just like indys jacket im not pretending to be Indiana Jones........... and i can guarantee that with a jacket like this you will get more complaments than a screen accurate jacket because those look like every other generic leather jacket on the market there is nothing special about them at all....

Im a DIE HARD Indiana Jones fan and I want people to know that thats why i got the jacket with the writing and the emblem on the back thants why i loved it so much as a kid

and anyone that doesnt like it fine you dont have to like it i was just sharing pictures with everyone because i thought this was for indiana jones fans..... not the its not screen accurate fanclub, and anyone says that its a stupid jacket can most likely not afford it anyway :whip:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Deckard said:
Im sorry it seems wrong to you that I along with thousands others prefer an actual style jacket that Indy wore for probably $30-40 more then what these cost, and one you won't get made fun of in because you have Indiana Jones written really big on your back. DP is dorfman pacific, I wanted as real an Indy hat as I could get, I thought the official maker of the hats at the time would be a good shot, instead I got nothing close to what I wanted.

You know who wanted a better movie accurate hat???

Steve Delk, did that work out for him?

Your basically lying to him telling him it looks good, bcuz you know damn well Joe Public is going to see that thing and laugh. That means I question your priorities.

I don't know the price differential, and if a quality jacket (NOT an accurate jacket, that those may happen to coincide is of no consequence to me) costs so little more than this jacket, than yes, fine, get the higher quality jacket, if that's all that's operating on your decision. However, Nurhachi1991 has made quite clear that he wanted that jacket for years. It doesn't say Indiana Jones on the back, as you are aware. (Also, about humor - I'm all for it, but employing it doesn't somehow make the position you hold right, or the argument you make good-natured.)

I don't really catch what you mean about Steve Delk. He's a producer, apparently, of the hats, but the point is lost on me. Recall, I don't care about gear. I never said that the jacket looks good. I'm willing to, because it does look good, for what it is, although I'm not wild about the logos either. If that's what you want, however, then fine, go for it. You don't have to denigrate him for it, nor his decision, if that's the more accurate way of pinpointing it. You act as though the reason Joe Public is going to laugh at him is because it's a jacket with Indy emblazoned on it. Maybe. I'm not sure. I'm not sure how much it matters.

Deckard said:
Your the mod of an Indiana Jones forum and you don't understand why Indy has an influence on people, did you wonder into this forum by accident?

Yeah, Indy had an influence on me. Hell, this forum had an influence on me. That's why I'm here. That's why I came back after being gone for years, and that's why I accepted the post of moderator. It doesn't mean that I signed away any ability to critique tendencies of my fellow fans, nor that I need to put together a perfectly accurate costume, or any costume at all. It doesn't mean I have to acquire a great pile of action figures from however many different producers, nor that I need to worry about Old Indy being excluded from the Young Indy films. It doesn't mean that I need to post pictures of characters and actors from the films and drool over them, or that I have to wait for the new film to come out to criticize it. It doesn't even mean that I have to have notions of what I want out of Indy IV, but it also doesn't mean that if I do have such notions, that I can't find fault with the film if they don't meet my conception of what a good film would be. There is no litmus test for being an Indiana Jones fan. I would imagine that my fandom is imperfect to many here. I don't doubt that, nor am I particularly bothered by it. But let's be clear here - I'm here by choice.

Deckard

Well I don't wear costumes either, If I bought an Indy Jacket and payed alot for a Wested it'd be to wear a nice leather Jakcet. Indy's jacket isn't special its a regular old leather flight jacket. Im a pilot I see other Pilot's wearing them all the time, and they don't neccassarily like Indy.

W/ Steve, Steve decided years ago the other Indy hat options sucked and made his own. Eventually that led to him making the hats for Crystal Skull that was my point there. If he hadn't stepped up and said this DP is not good enough, Indy may not have looked as good in the new trailer.

And like I said Im not going to lie to the kid.

If he wears that Jacket people will make fun of him plain and simple. Not me.
I'd be like "oh an Indy fan, cool"

For example a few weeks back I was in a bar in Philly and saw this kid w/ an airbrushed hoodie, that had the spiderman costume design on it. It was actually pretty damn cool and I knew he like Spidey so I sat down at the bar and commented I liked it, asked if he made it himself.

Then I overheard a table of 3 girls making fun of the shirt.

Does that affect me, no. Did it affect him, I don't know, for all I know he may have killed himself tho I doubt it.

My point very simply is If you didn't want negative feedback from some, don't post your Jacket. And If you can't handle the negative comments then defiantely don't wear it out, bcuz you aren't just going to make people happy, there will always be people who don't like it. And as long as you know that and don't care it's all good.

Like I said I never once made fun of him for buying it, I made fun of the people who came up w/ it to begin with.

And I don't know where your getting this idea that i'm saying hes less a fan for not buying that Jacket, I just wanted to make sure he knew the differance, because when you say the pockets are the same, your wrong, plain and simple.

Also go watch the History Channel, listen to NASA enginners who'll tell you they made something on the space shuttle look a certain way because Star Wars or Star Trek was big when they were a kid, and they wanted to make it look like something from the movie. Is that wrong too?

Last edited:

Nurhachi1991

Ok i could see if it was a jacket from the swapmeet but its not...... its 100 percent leather and from LucasFilms themselfs

im 16 almost 17 years old im a junior in high school and not one person has said anything bad about the jacket the worst i heard was awsome jacket but i dont really like indiana jones

And hell i wear a Cobra Kai hoodie sometimes and one person said something i diddnt have a problem saying anything back wow someone doesnt like what im wearing im gonna be sad now......

this section is called COLLECTING INDY is it not? If i was saying it was screen accurate wouldnt i post it under INDY GEAR AND PROPS? Exactly this is an Indiana Jones collectable and thats why i was posted it, and you know im Damn proud to be an Indy fan and if people have a problem with that than well **** um

Deckard

Nurhachi1991 said:
Ok i could see if it was a jacket from the swapmeet but its not...... its 100 percent leather and from LucasFilms themselfs

im 16 almost 17 years old im a junior in high school and not one person has said anything bad about the jacket the worst i heard was awsome jacket but i dont really like indiana jones

And hell i wear a Cobra Kai hoodie sometimes and one person said something i diddnt have a problem saying anything back wow someone doesnt like what im wearing im gonna be sad now......

this section is called COLLECTING INDY is it not? If i was saying it was screen accurate wouldnt i post it under INDY GEAR AND PROPS? Exactly this is an Indiana Jones collectable and thats why i was posted it, and you know im Damn proud to be an Indy fan and if people have a problem with that than well **** um

Ok, did you read my post? No really did you? I said pretty clearly MORE THEN ONCE I have no problem w/ you buying that Jacket nor did I question how big a fan you are, I said eventually someone is going to make fun of you, Im 21 and realistic, and the sad truth is eventually theres a good chance someone will laugh at you.

I ALSO SAID YOU KNOW THAT AND ARE FINE WITH IT SO ITS ALL GOOD FOR YOU. OK? I capped that because I'd rather not type it a 4th time.

Nurhachi1991

Deckard said:
Well I don't wear costumes either, If I bought an Indy Jacket and payed alot for a Wested it'd be to wear a nice leather Jakcet. Indy's jacket isn't special its a regular old leather flight jacket. Im a pilot I see other Pilot's wearing them all the time, and they don't neccassarily like Indy.

W/ Steve, Steve decided years ago the other Indy hat options sucked and made his own. Eventually that led to him making the hats for Crystal Skull that was my point there. If he hadn't stepped up and said this DP is not good enough, Indy may not have looked as good in the new trailer.

And like I said Im not going to lie to the kid.

If he wears that Jacket people will make fun of him plain and simple. Not me.
I'd be like "oh an Indy fan, cool"

For example a few weeks back I was in a bar in Philly and saw this kid w/ an airbrushed hoodie, that had the spiderman costume design on it. It was actually pretty damn cool and I knew he like Spidey so I sat down at the bar and commented I liked it, asked if he made it himself.

Then I overheard a table of 3 girls making fun of the shirt.

Does that affect me, no. Did it affect him, I don't know, for all I know he may have killed himself tho I doubt it.

My point very simply is If you didn't want negative feedback from some, don't post your Jacket. And If you can't handle the negative comments then defiantely don't wear it out, bcuz you aren't just going to make people happy, there will always be people who don't like it. And as long as you know that and don't care it's all good.

Like I said I never once made fun of him for buying it, I made fun of the people who came up w/ it to begin with.

And I don't know where your getting this idea that i'm saying hes less a fan for not buying that Jacket, I just wanted to make sure he knew the differance, because when you say the pockets are the same, your wrong, plain and simple.

Also go watch the History Channel, listen to NASA enginners who'll tell you they made something on the space shuttle look a certain way because Star Wars or Star Trek was big when they were a kid, and they wanted to make it look like something from the movie. Is that wrong too?

Um dude where did you gett hat i said the pockets were the same? :confused:

this is what i said:
it bears some reselblence to the kingdom of the crystal skull jacket as far as the pockets go the

i said bears some reselblence does that mean 100 percent accurate? No it doesnt at all it means it looks similar

Deckard

Nurhachi1991 said:
Um dude where did you gett hat i said the pockets were the same? :confused:

this is what i said:
it bears some reselblence to the kingdom of the crystal skull jacket as far as the pockets go the

i said bears some reselblence does that mean 100 percent accurate? No it doesnt at all it means it looks similar

What resemblance that there both pockets and originally designed to hold things, bcuz thats it.

Check out the resemblance :

john-hurt-elephant-man.jpg
scarlett-johansson.jpg

Both are Humans, both have heads w/ hair and eyes, Why there indistinguishable.

Nurhachi1991

Deckard said:
Ok, did you read my post? No really did you? I said pretty clearly MORE THEN ONCE I have no problem w/ you buying that Jacket nor did I question how big a fan you are, I said eventually someone is going to make fun of you, Im 21 and realistic, and the sad truth is eventually theres a good chance someone will laugh at you.

Why would i care if some **** ant on the street or at school laughed at me? im i going to stop liking Indy because of that am i going to stop being a fan? no i could care less

Deckard said:
What resemblance that there both pockets and originally designed to hold things, bcuz thats it.

to me they look similar not the same but i think they look a little like them

Last edited by a moderator:

Deckard

Nurhachi1991 said:
Why would i care if some **** ant on the street or at school laughed at me? im i going to stop liking Indy because of that am i going to stop being a fan? no i could care less

Obviously you do care because you can't handle my negative feedback. I can only imagine if someone walked right up to you and called you a geek.

And dude how many times do I have to say I dont give a ****, Im telling you tho, Your wrong about the pockets, for **** sake dude read my posts or don't even bother argueing.

And the pockets are no way close to similar, that makes me question what your saying even more.

Oh and would I care If most of the girls thought I was a total geek? Yes because im not a liar and I also don't like my own hand enough to stop carring what women think altogeather.

Nurhachi1991

the reason im getting upset is because everyone is talking about the jacket like its a dimestore jacket. its not its a very nice leather jacket

as for the patches i wasnt crazy about them either at first because the design of the jackets in the store have changed over the years

ok the pockets dont look like them at all to you thats fine but to me they do im the only person that will think that but thats fine

Deckard

Nurhachi1991 said:
the reason im getting upset is because everyone is talking about the jacket like its a dimestore jacket. its not its a very nice leather jacket

as for the patches i wasnt crazy about them either at first because the design of the jackets in the store have changed over the years

ok the pockets dont look like them at all to you thats fine but to me they do im the only person that will think that but thats fine

Yes but I never said that, In fact if you read my posts you'll see I say for probably $30-$40 more you could have gotten a Wested jacket.

Which if anything is complimenting the overall quality of the leather because a Wested is around $300-400.

So the reason your getting upset is because your not takeing the time to actually read.

Nurhachi1991

but heres the thing i diddn't want a wested jacket i wanted an indiana jones jacket which is exactly what i got an indiana jones jacket

Deckard

Nurhachi1991 said:
but heres the thing i diddn't want a wested jacket i wanted an indiana jones jacket which is exactly what i got an indiana jones jacket

And as I said about 5 times now

-----------------> GOOD FOR ****ING YOU. <--------------------

Did you see it that time, thats seriously around the 5th time I had to say it.

That was not my point which has now been lost in your inability or carelessness to actually read.

Lets try to Put this to bed shall we. My points were.

1. COOL JACKET IM GLAD YOU LIKE IT

2. YOU STATED THE POCKETS WERE ACCURATE I STATED THEY WEREn'T

3. THEN I MADE WHAT I THOUGHT WOULD BE A FUNNY POST ABOUT THE PEOPLE AT LUCASFILM's MARKETING DIVISION

4. THATS IT. YOU GET IT NOW? COOL JACKET MAN IM GLAD YOU DIG IT, BUT I DON'T... IS THAT OK WITH EVERYONE? OR DO I HAVE TO LIKE IT????!

Last edited:

Nurhachi1991

dude the first post by you and everyone else was Its not like the jacket indy wore

I ******* know that

all you had to say was i dont like thats it.

and with the hole pockets thing ok it doesnt really look like it but i think there similar thats my opinion ONLY. Your right they dont look like indys

Deckard

Nurhachi1991 said:
dude the first post by you and everyone else was Its not like the jacket indy wore

I ******* know that

all you had to say was i dont like thats it.

and with the hole pockets thing ok it doesnt really look like it but i think there similar thats my opinion ONLY. Your right they dont look like indys

YES BECAUSE ITS AN INDIANA JONES JACKET THE TITLE SAYS INDIANA JONES JACKET SO I WAS EXPECTING AN INDIANA JONES JACKET. I BASICALLY MADE SURE YOU KNEW IT WASN't AND WHEN YOU SAID YOU DID I SAID COOL MAN ENJOY THE JACKET. Then you apparently stopped reading the entire posts.

I never once said **** YOU YOUR Jacket is dumb ****. Did I?

Deckard

So what?, look at the old Disneyland Jackets, they look just like the regular Indy ones and don't say "INDIANA JONES" all over them. I figured with a new movie coming they'd have taken steps to make them look even closer not further away from what it is they are based on.

And at the time you had like 4 posts, I profiled you and figured "oh man another noob here that got taken by Disney." I was wrong and Im glad you did not get ripped off.