bored? like football? check this out

ROTLA

A friend put me on this and it's pretty fun/addictive. It's basically a computerized, program-based football game. You create a player and try to build up his skills and have him progress through a season/career. I didn't think it was going to be that great, but it's actually pretty entertaining. Here's the link to join and create a player:

http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=10241968

Just cut-and-paste it and have at it...

ROTLA

adventure_al said:
"american 'stole-the-name' football" :rolleyes:

anyone looking for a REAL football game online should check out:

www.xperteleven.com

You are correct. I'm referring to the "American 'stole-the-name' football." Not the original "football" where the teams score less than John Merrick.

(Actually, I played soccer/football when I was younger and still watch it and enjoy it. But I do understand when people talk about how boring and unwatchable it is. Much like baseball, you have to really like the sport to watch for a couple hours when there's no scoring.)

adventure_al

ROTLA said:
You are correct. I'm referring to the "American 'stole-the-name' football." Not the original "football" where the teams score less than John Merrick.

(Actually, I played soccer/football when I was younger and still watch it and enjoy it. But I do understand when people talk about how boring and unwatchable it is. Much like baseball, you have to really like the sport to watch for a couple hours when there's no scoring.)

Most watched sport in the world. I understand what you're saying but it is not just about the goals. I love watching football (soccer) and playing (i play for 2 teams). It is the players movement and technique on the ball.

ROTLA

adventure_al said:
Most watched sport in the world. I understand what you're saying but it is not just about the goals. I love watching football (soccer) and playing (i play for 2 teams). It is the players movement and technique on the ball.

I agree. The strategy of the game is something overlooked by many (much like baseball and hockey) and the details of the game aren't usually picked up by people who don't watch the sport. I have found that, in most cases, when people don't like a sport like soccer or baseball, it's because they don't fully understand the game and, therefore, can't appreciate it.

ROTLA

I finished my first season in a developmental league (run by computer) and recently got several contract offers from human-owned teams. I thought the game would be boring when I first heard about it, but figured it was worth a shot to get me through the NFL-less summer. Turns out that the game is somewhat addictive and very fun. Anyway, if anybody else is looking for a little something to do (especially fans of the NFL who need a football fix -- yes, AMERICAN FOOTBALL), here's the link to sign up:

Sim Football League link

Best of all, it's free!