Indy and the Magic Box (LC)

Grave Robber

Since I was kid I've thought that when young Indy entered that box in the Magic Caboose (talking about LC here of course), somehow he ended up under the train and somehow jumped out from under and escaped.

But the more I think about it, the more unthinkable it seems to be able to escape from under a train.

So what do you guys think? Any idea about how that box worked?

Michael24

I don't know how it really happened in "Indy World," but when I was little I thought what happened was that Young Indy just went through the floor of the train and rolled down a little slide that deposited him out the side of the train, then he just hit the ground and started running. :)

Little Indy

He certainly did have a prestige. Here they are planning how to execute their next plan.

051.jpg

ROTLA

I believe the ad read:

WANTED: Most annoying human being on the planet for movie role.

As with most other casting decisions, they were spot-on with that kid.

|ZiR|

ROTLA said:
I believe the ad read:

WANTED: Most annoying human being on the planet for movie role.

As with most other casting decisions, they were spot-on with that kid.

I think he was perfect for the role. A real old fashioned American boy scout. To this day, whenever I think of the scouts, I think of Herman, and I smile.

Whatever happened to J.J. Hardy? The don't have a DOB (or DOD :dead: ) for him on IMDB, and apparently Last Crusade was his last role. Hmm.

Well where ever you are, J.J., though your part was indeed small, it was at least memorable.

lynchpin

As a sometime railroader, I can tell you it'd be impossible to drop through the floor of a caboose, avoiding the brake rigging and wheel sets, and manage a safe landing to the side or directly underneath (!) the car, however I'd be inclined to reason that since the caboose is heralded as being chock full of "magic" that perhaps even the car itself is rigged with a device to effectively (and safely) remove anyone who steps into the magic box. If the whole circus is on parade aboard the train, anything is likely.

Of course, I'm bound to wonder then just what kind of show a magician is going to do his show inside the caboose.

I've always found the Magic Box an acceptable suspension of disbelief, however, requiring no extra heavy dosage of imagination for a clean and decidedly non-radioactive getaway. ;)

043.jpg

fixer79

blueoakleyz said:
yeah ummm...didn't find my answer here

Yes you did... Here it was:

Junior Jones said:
Dude, it was a magic box. It worked by magic!

If someone steps into a magic box and appears elsewhere in a movie like Crusade, don't go looking for another explanation 'cos there is none...

;)