Harrison Ford wants more Mutt and Marion family life in Indiana Jones 5

By David Bentley

Robyn

Rocket Surgeon said:
Harrison Ford Anxious to Cash Another Indiana Jones Paycheck

By: Edith Zimmerman

Harrison Ford wants more Mutt and Marion family life in Indiana Jones 5

By David Bentley

Aw.. Rocket, how can more Marion in Indy 5 be a stupid headline? ;)

Good to see Harrison agrees with me on more Marion!

I agree with you about the first one though, that's definitely a stupid headline.

Robyn

Rocket Surgeon said:
Kind of like saying Obama wants death panels...:rolleyes:

Bring back Marion, as long as she has something to do with the story!

I hear ya. You know I agree with you on having a purposeful storyline, I've said many times how I didn't like the way Marion was handled in KOTCS. I was just taking a light hearted note that Harrison wanted Karen's return as I do. :hat:

Robyn

I haven't posted on the board in while, but as soon as I do I only manage to make a post that annoys. I think I've finally come to the realization that I plain and simply can't seem to contribute anything to this board that anyone here enjoys. Perhaps I'm not the right kind of Indy fan for this board? Who knows.. So with that in mind I think from now on I'll just keep my stupid mouth shut around here.

I'm sorry especially to you Attila, I know that each and every one of my posts here have been nothing but an irritation to you. :eek:

Oh and sorry for the double post.

Montana Smith

Robyn said:
I haven't posted on the board in while, but as soon as I do I only manage to make a post that annoys. I think I've finally come to the realization that I plain and simply can't seem to contribute anything to this board that anyone here enjoys. Perhaps I'm not the right kind of Indy fan for this board? Who knows.. So with that in mind I think from now on I'll just keep my stupid mouth shut around here.

I'm sorry especially to you Attila, I know that each and every one of my posts here have been nothing but an irritation to you. :eek:

Not that I've read all your posts, Robyn, but speaking generally, there's no point in just writing what you think other people will agree with, or else you might as well stay quiet and let them say it for themselves.

This board is full of varied opinions and whenever you post an opinion, you never know where the discussion will lead, and that's the fun of it.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Robyn said:

I've criticize you in earnest, what, a handful of times? I wasn't irritated in this thread, for example; I was making a point sardonically, hence the "heh." I think if you look around that I tend to joke in that fashion with people who have very set courses of behavior. It's not a spiteful thing.

Look, if you want to leave, I can't stop you. But I do think if I'm a substantial portion of why you're leaving, than I think perhaps you've misread me. Well, more likely, I've misrepresented myself, or been a tad careless with the ways I've phrased things.

I'm generally not a guy who's that easily irritated. Hyperbole can get to me. So can statements where people seem too unquestioning or uncritical about their own views. But it's never personal. Believe me, I've tried to hold a grudge; it never works.

And what Montana says, honestly, means a lot more than what I'm saying, because, honestly, you believe what you believe. You get to set the terms of the conversation if you want to. That's the way a forum works. You never really notice a person here until they do or say something that is enough out of the ordinary to be noticed. I've come across names that I don't recognize until a couple hundred posts in, or there are others who make an impact in their first few posts. You're consistent, and distinctive, and that's laudable. If you didn't have your own voice, then I'd say, "yeah, go on, leave," because you wouldn't be saying anything that somebody else wasn't already. But you are, y'know? (Oh, and you don't have Indy in your name either, which certainly helps you stand out too. Thank God for that.)

So, come on. What do you say you stick around? Who gives a damn if people like what you say?

Robyn

Attila the Professor said:
I've criticize you in earnest, what, a handful of times? I wasn't irritated in this thread, for example; I was making a point sardonically, hence the "heh." I think if you look around that I tend to joke in that fashion with people who have very set courses of behavior. It's not a spiteful thing.

Look, if you want to leave, I can't stop you. But I do think if I'm a substantial portion of why you're leaving, than I think perhaps you've misread me. Well, more likely, I've misrepresented myself, or been a tad careless with the ways I've phrased things.

I'm generally not a guy who's that easily irritated. Hyperbole can get to me. So can statements where people seem too unquestioning or uncritical about their own views. But it's never personal. Believe me, I've tried to hold a grudge; it never works.

And what Montana says, honestly, means a lot more than what I'm saying, because, honestly, you believe what you believe. You get to set the terms of the conversation if you want to. That's the way a forum works. You never really notice a person here until they do or say something that is enough out of the ordinary to be noticed. I've come across names that I don't recognize until a couple hundred posts in, or there are others who make an impact in their first few posts. You're consistent, and distinctive, and that's laudable. If you didn't have your own voice, then I'd say, "yeah, go on, leave," because you wouldn't be saying anything that somebody else wasn't already. But you are, y'know? (Oh, and you don't have Indy in your name either, which certainly helps you stand out too. Thank God for that.)

So, come on. What do you say you stick around? Who gives a damn if people like what you say?

All I can say Attila is that what you just said was nothing but completely kind and thoughtful. I've always liked you(which is why I hate annoying you). I'm glad to hear that I in fact don't seriously irritate you as much as I thought I did! I wasn't going to leave, I just meant I thought it would be better to not post my opinions anymore, cause I feel like I never say the right thing. I'm the kind of person who hates and I mean HATES annoying other people, but I seem to do that around here when I don't even mean to. You guys(including you Attila) are so quick and sharp, so sarcastic and witty I feel like I'm not up to par with you fellas.. and in the words of Marion, it's not your fault if I can't keep up!

But I will certainly will be sticking around! I just need to try and make what I say around here something worth saying before I say it!

Thanks for the helpful post Attila! And thanks for the tip Montana!

lao che & sons

Robyn said:
Aw.. Rocket, how can more Marion in Indy 5 be a stupid headline? ;)

Good to see Harrison agrees with me on more Marion!

I agree with you about the first one though, that's definitely a stupid headline.

personally I think more marion is a bad thing... the only characters that could top that on the list of bad "birng backs" are Spalko, Mola Ram, or Elsa:eek: :sick:

I hope that if they do bring Marion back, she's in a cameo and no the main adventure. Her dialogue was fantastic in the argument in KOTCS with Indy. But I would really rather have a brand new Indy girl, one who complains, and screams a little but can still stand up for herself and mix between Marion, Willie, and Elsa almost ;)

Cultural poverty traps and Indiana Jones

by Michael O'Hare

“White man’s burden” movies like the Indiana Jones series play this message out: the cookie-cutter plot is that a bunch of brown people are having a terrible time and can’t do anything about it until a white guy comes into town and saves them (I haven’t seen it, but have the impression Avatar follows this template). Not too different from the parfait gentil knight saving the helpless peasants from the dragon up the valley; since David and Jeanne d’Arc, I don’t remember a lot of stories about the farm boy (or the Puerto Rican on the loading dock) saving a roomful of bankers and generals from something; it was Robert Gould Shaw who made it possible for the black soldiers of the 54th Massachusetts to get their licks in. Toussaint L’Ouverture is a glorious Haitian exception to this meme, but it was a long time ago and the docs running the rural medical centers, and the guys handing out the water and biscuits at the airport, seem to be all white now.

Complete at:
http://www.samefacts.com/2010/01/politics-and-leadership/cultural-poverty-traps-and-indiana-jones/

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Moedred said:
Stupid interviewer, actually. But amusing results.
http://stlouis.metromix.com/movies/article/q-and-a-harrison/1717846/content
"Testing the boundaries of the private 'Extraordinary Measures' star"

Hah! That interviewer doesn't know what he's talking about - Ford's got quite a few one-liners up his sleeve apparently, but our man in the press just doesn't like being on the receiving end of them.

I love a good back and forth in a real fruitful interview where the questioner and the subject are on the same page, but a good curmudgeonly set of responses can be fun sometimes too: John Ford, David Mamet...

Last edited:

Montana Smith

Col. Detritch said:
LOL!:D

'Funny one-liners are not Ford?s forte'!:rolleyes:
:hat:

I expect he said this one with his typical deadpan delivery:

Interviewer: Why did the last Indy film get people worked up? I thought it was entertaining.

Harrison: Did they get worked up? I don?t understand.