John Rhys Davies at Collectormania Milton Keynes, UK

Rhys135

Just a heads up for UK fans :- John Rhys Davies will be attending Collectormania Milton Keynes which is held between Friday the 26th of September and Sunday the 28th September.

Also Alexei Sayle who played the 'Sultan' in Last Crusade will be attending. (y)

Show website

Sadly, I won't be able to attend this UK con, so fingers crossed JRD will make another apperance at another con soon.

Rhys135

John Rhys Davies attending Collectormania London in November

Just a heads up for UK fans - John Rhys Davies a.k.a Sallah, will be attending Collectormania London on November 28th & 29th. Hopefully some more Indy guests will be announced in the next few months.

Will I be seeing any fellow Raveners there?

Collectormania London website
Forum link

another guest some Young Indy fans could be interested with...

Peter Firth (Spooks, Hunt for the Red October, etc)

because...

"The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles" .... Stefan (1 episode, 1993)
- Istanbul, September 1918 (1993) TV episode .... Stefan

:whip:

Rhys135

Skylover SC said:

Cool - I will probably be wearing my Indy gear on the Saturday so look out for me!

Anyone else going? Any questions you'd like me to ask Sallah?

Stoo

Skylover SC said:
another guest some Young Indy fans could be interested with...

Peter Firth (Spooks, Hunt for the Red October, etc)

because...

"The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles" .... Stefan (1 episode, 1993)
- Istanbul, September 1918 (1993) TV episode .... Stefan
If anyone does manage to speak to Peter Firth, you can tell him that one of his first movies, "Aces High" (1976), was mined for footage that was used in "Attack of the Hawkmen". Of course, anything he has to say re: "Istanbul" episode would be cool to hear about it, as well.:)

Here's a direct link to some details:
References to other films/TV shows in YI

Rhys135

Picture time!

15932_188848061431_511466431_3546063_4316552_n.jpg

15932_188844831431_511466431_3546026_4285686_n.jpg

Great weekend. John Rhys was very friendly and very very busy, so not a lot of time for chit chat, but it was great meeting him. Didn't 'learn' any excting info from him, but he did mention that if there was an Indy 5 he would love to be in it, as Sallah is one of his favourite characters to play. Karen Allen was one of the nicest people he has ever worked with and he would love to work with her again. He didn't think much of KOTCS, as the film had no 'heart', the villans were not villainous enough, the ending was awful in his opinion, and he hadn't met anyone yet who liked it, and apart from Indy it was impossible to actually care for any of the characters.

Didn't take all my Indy gear with me, just the casual stuff, and I had to put the jacket away in the cloakroom as it was so hot on Saturday. We both had out fists up at the start of the photoshoot, but the photographer taking the pic took her time taking it, so John Rhys' fist's went down after a while, boo! :p

I also saw fellow Ravener Skylover SC a few times! (y)

Thanks for sharing. Give him a fez and carnation and he could pass for a Brother of the Cruciform Sword.
Two different days? He's changed the shirt and tie...